1. #12281
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    My feeling is that whichever side loses they will take it to court for years claiming this and that about it being unfair due to the hurricane.

  2. #12282
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Aye, Sandy will probably be a big talking point for a while.

  3. #12283
    I don't know why? Really none of the places hit are 'battleground' states, except for NC and Virginia, and those aren't really the places having problems. Unless the GOP somehow carries the northeast, it is really a non-issue for the federal elections. It probably will be an issue for their local elections if they do them on the same day as the federal ones.

    It seems that Obama has enough EC votes to win without Ohio or Florida at the moment. Of course he also seems to be winning Ohio pretty steadily and Florida early voting is not looking good for the GOP.

  4. #12284
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    946
    One day left and the nightmare that is pre-election debating can come to a close... So we can then welcome in the nightmare of post-election QQing!

    Though more on topic I guess, an Obama victory is looking very likely by this point (If it hadn't already), but stranger things have happened, so I'm not letting my guard down entirely.

  5. #12285
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Aye, Sandy will probably be a big talking point for a while.
    If Obama wins, Chris Christie is going to be taking a lot of heat. I mean he's already being ridiculed by many conservative pundits for saying Obama was doing a great thing for New Jersey. I actually gained a lot of respect for him. I'm not completely clear on some of his policies, but hes definitely someone I could see myself voting for in 2016.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  6. #12286
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    If Obama wins, Chris Christie is going to be taking a lot of heat. I mean he's already being ridiculed by many conservative pundits for saying Obama was doing a great thing for New Jersey. I actually gained a lot of respect for him. I'm not completely clear on some of his policies, but hes definitely someone I could see myself voting for in 2016.
    I agree. While I don't like some of Christie's ideas and policies, it is very refreshing to see the opposing party actually work and praise the other one. I wish that it was a disease and a lot of our politicians were infected by this.

  7. #12287
    I love how you're all praising Christie. If the situation had been reversed, that is, some significant democrat praising Mitt Romney, you would've all called the person a traitor or similar.

  8. #12288
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I love how you're all praising Christie. If the situation had been reversed, that is, some significant democrat praising Mitt Romney, you would've all called the person a traitor or similar.
    No. Democrats are not Republicans. Democrats are not expected to march in lock-step, nor do they call RINO when someone like Christie or Powell support a candidate across the 'divide'. But no, please, continue to throw stones instead of trying to build any kind of bi-partisan cooperation that has been missing the past couple of congresses.

  9. #12289
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No. Democrats are not Republicans. Democrats are not expected to march in lock-step, nor do they call RINO when someone like Christie or Powell support a candidate across the 'divide'. But no, please, continue to throw stones instead of trying to build any kind of bi-partisan cooperation that has been missing the past couple of congresses.
    So if Hillary Clinton now came out and praised Mitt Romney for something he said, you would be all "oohh how refreshing"?

  10. #12290
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    So if Hillary Clinton now came out and praised something Mitt Romney said, you would be all "oohh how refreshing"?
    No. If Hillary Clinton came out and praised something Mitt Romney DID, because it was his job, and he did it well, I would be happy with that.

  11. #12291
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No. If Hillary Clinton came out and praised something Mitt Romney DID, because it was his job, and he did it well, I would be happy with that.
    I'm sure you would, I'm sure you would.

  12. #12292
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I'm sure you would, I'm sure you would.
    I find it sad that you can't differentiate your opinion of a person or an action from an overarching party they belong to.

  13. #12293
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I've heard that voting could be delayed by as long as 10 days, so we could be waiting for the results for a while.
    Jersey is issuing provisional ballots to displaced citizens so that they can vote at any location, so that's probably supposed to remove the need for a delay.

  14. #12294
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    I loved the way Christie reacted to Steve Doocy after being asked if Mitt Romney is going to be surveying the damage with him.

  15. #12295
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I love how you're all praising Christie. If the situation had been reversed, that is, some significant democrat praising Mitt Romney, you would've all called the person a traitor or similar.
    I'm sure there would be some people that would do this, but to paint us all with the same brush is annoying.

    I find it incredibly refreshing to hear candidates of both sides compliment eachother when warranted. And it turns me off when one side cures cancer, and the other side blames them for creating a problem of overpopulation.

    So basically, no, you're wrong.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  16. #12296
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I've heard that voting could be delayed by as long as 10 days, so we could be waiting for the results for a while.
    I think you're thinking of the potential time for a recount in Ohio, which I've heard cited as 10 days.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 09:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I love how you're all praising Christie. If the situation had been reversed, that is, some significant democrat praising Mitt Romney, you would've all called the person a traitor or similar.
    No, I wouldn't. Why in the world would I? What I love is when people make declarations about how people would have reacted in a situation that isn't what happened.

  17. #12297
    So much hate, when did Red and Blue become more important than substace.

  18. #12298
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnight o suramar View Post
    So much hate, when did Red and Blue become more important than substace.
    I dislike Red because of the substance; when Republicans stop broadly rejecting science (on evolution, climate change, stem cell research), attempting to strip women of reproductive rights, and preventing gay people from marrying, I'll be more amenable to the idea that everyone's on the same team.

  19. #12299
    I was looking over these threads for weeks, and republican thread is so much longer.
    Now there are 1560 pages in republican thread and 615 in democratic.

    I'm not trolling, I just look at these numbers and they are so off.
    What's the cause of this? Are republicans more vocal?
    More passionate?
    Do democrats simply post in the other thread?
    Democrats are more confident, so no reason to discuss election as much?

    What do you guys think the cause of over 2:1 ratio

  20. #12300
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I was looking over these threads for weeks, and republican thread is so much longer.
    Now there are 1560 pages in republican thread and 615 in democratic.

    I'm not trolling, I just look at these numbers and they are so off.
    What's the cause of this? Are republicans more vocal?
    More passionate?
    Do democrats simply post in the other thread?
    Democrats are more confident, so no reason to discuss election as much?

    What do you guys think the cause of over 2:1 ratio
    These were originally threads for the primaries. There was a relevant Republican primary, but not a relevant Democrat primary. Why the threads weren't merged, I'm not clear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •