Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Deja vu from last debate.
    Not really. My complaint last time (and I know a lot of liberals share this) wasn't rudeness or inadequate moderation, it was that Romney was flat out lying with great regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Eh, one minor difference. I'm pro-choice, but it is my business if I'm paying for it.
    When have you ever, EVER, paid for an abortion that was not a direct result of your genitals?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    So, when you say it's all the same, you simply don't mean anything at all? What excuses did the last debate have?
    It isn't that I don't mean anything at all. What I mean is that there is always an excuse.

The excuses used in the last debate where (not my words, but those used by new sites):

The moderator was weak
    Romney lied
    Romney was rude
    Romney was overly aggressive (This was somehow different than rude)
    Obama wasn't used to being confronted
    Obama was distracted, etc, etc
    Obama lied

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Best line of the debate, IMO. Ryan had a valid position as well, until he turned it all into a faith/public life argument. How many times do we have to tell people that we're a secular government?

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 12:21 AM ----------

Like it or not, it's a valid position.

I don't like his position that because you believe something, then everyone should.
    I don't think there's anything that's remotely valid about his position. What he said amounted to, "I looked at an ultrasound and felt emotional, and also a fetus is alive". That's not a serious argument.

Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    Even though I'm not from USA. do you get the feeling nothing will really change who ever you vote for? Was a good watch though better then the obama/romney 1
    No, plenty of things change based on who's elected. There's a defeatist attitude that runs contra to this, but it's simply counterfactual.

10+ Year Old Account
    And thus we find that the conservative media is unable to admit defeat, something the liberals were able to do.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post
    Even though I'm not from USA. do you get the feeling nothing will really change who ever you vote for? Was a good watch though better then the obama/romney 1
    It has some bearing for independents and undecided voters, but that is really only about (maybe) 20% of potential voters at max. The majority of votes is already wrapped up and has been for months from the respective bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    And thus we find that the conservative media is unable to admit defeat, something the liberals were able to do.
    There were a lot of excuses from the liberal side for last debate. I didn't see many admissions of fault of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    It has some bearing for independents and undecided voters, but that is really only about (maybe) 20% of potential voters at max. The majority of votes is already wrapped up and has been for months from the respective bases.
    Frankly, most of the people that are still thinking, "hmmm, Romney or Obama?" are essentially idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    When have you ever, EVER, paid for an abortion that was not a direct result of your genitals?

Do you realize there's such a thing as taxpayer-funded abortions? Last numbers I've seen (2010) were that 33% of abortions in MN were paid for by taxpayers.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Frankly, most of the people that are still thinking, "hmmm, Romney or Obama?" are essentially idiots.
    Don't let them catch you saying the obvious. They make a political ad out of it.

Anyways, I'm off to bed for the night. Someone tuck in FusedMass for me.

Do you realize there's such a thing as taxpayer-funded abortions? Last numbers I've seen (2010) were that 33% of abortions in MN were paid for by taxpayers.
    Are you from Minnesota?

Provide these numbers.

What possible fucking difference would it make if he was paying for it? Tax dollars go to pay for all sorts of shit that I disapprove of.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Provide these numbers.
    I'm going to bed, so I'm not gong to look through the report, but here is a link to Google search return and the supposed report.

http://liveaction.org/blog/state-rep...-by-taxpayers/

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/c.../2010abrpt.pdf

Note: I don't read the damn website, it just returned a link that actually linked the report in question. I am not supporting or defending his claim. I am just assisting someone that can't take 10 seconds to Google the report.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    What possible fucking difference would it make if he was paying for it? Tax dollars go to pay for all sorts of shit that I disapprove of.
    That and I don't see how the hundredth of a fraction of a penny he contributed gets him the right to legislate the uterus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Provide these numbers.

Derp, Dakia beat me to it. Yes, I live in MN Wells. Born and raised.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    And after months of hiding it, you are now revealed.

No surprise here haha.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    And after months of hiding it, you are now revealed.

No surprise here haha.
    He was our most accomplished spy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    He was our most accomplished spy.
    accomplished in the Obama sense, I'm sure.

By that I mean touted and claimed, but actually not.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    It's a rational and valid position. You simply don't agree with it. I'm guessing because you're tainted with the other beliefs about most GOP folks being pro-life, pro-death penalty, anti-health care for poor, etc.

But taken as a single topic and issue, it's valid. There's nothing substantially inaccurate with the belief that life begins at conception. I disagree with it totally, but it's not wacko stuff here.

Just trying to be reasonable here.
    There's no way to have a valid and rational position that an embryo is a person. If there was a way to have one, it would be inconsistent with providing exceptions for rape.

It's completely untenable, we've just had it pounded into the national narrative for so fucking long that it's considered gauche to say that one side is completely invalid.