We can't trust someone who won't release more then 2 years of Tax returns.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    The worst part of all this is the rabid defense of Obama's constant demagoguery, but then again... considering the source of the rabid defense those are exactly who he was talking to.
    I thought the worst part about this whole thing was that it reminded me of that south park episode where people are spontaneously combusting. Instead people are spontaneously collapsing into black holes because their heads are rammed so far up their ass.

But what's politics if not believing whatever the hell you want to believe facts and reality be damned.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    I both watched the speech and read the transcript. I didn't get the same reaction you did.

Then again, I don't think Obama has some secret "motives" or some other shit that Dacien likes to bring up.

When you suspect someone of being "something", the logical fallacies are let loose, and any single word can "confirm your suspicion".

If you or Dacien want to be rational, but sometimes not rational, at least have the courtesy to let the rest of us know that you're not being rational on purpose.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 11:50 PM ----------

Fair enough, but that's going a bit off the mark of the discussion we had. I don't like faux fans acting like real fans. Pet peeve of mine I guess. I don't think he's un-American if he doesn't like baseball. That's retarded. I'm not saying you said I said that, just thought I'd point it out.

Well said. No person can honestly and rationally look at the entire thing he said and found a disturbed outcome. They have to ON PURPOSE be looking for something that's not there. While it's fun to cut them off and take thing's out of content. It's not rational to say you think he has other motives. You know he doesn't.

This is part of the reason late night comedy's like to joke on republicans so much. How about when Michelle Batman said that Islam is cutting into our goverment for campaign cash? Does anyone actually believe this or they're just so much hate they will do ANYTHING to make the other person look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    He's attacked constantly as being unamerican. Of course he's going to sell himself as more american. Just like Romney tries his hardest to sell himself as a regular guy no matter how painful it is.
    I think obama is an american. I think hes a great american, and I am glad that we had him as president. I am not voting for him again however. Nor Romney.

Democrats could do so much better then Obama. maybe someone with some gumption.

Fair enough, but that's going a bit off the mark of the discussion we had. I don't like faux fans acting like real fans. Pet peeve of mine I guess. I don't think he's un-American if he doesn't like baseball. That's retarded. I'm not saying you said I said that, just thought I'd point it out.
    I think the whole thing is stupid. Frankly I think the outrage is stupid though too.

Thankfully after the primary debates no one really takes anything that Bachmann says seriously anymore. It's comedy gold.
    I think there's only one district in one state that takes anything she says seriously. And I live only a few miles away from it...

(fuels paranoia of my neighbors).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Belf pala, we should hang out sometime. But seriously, Obama is in my top five of people I would like to be president, and that is saying something!

People make a big deal out of "outrage" and whatnot about pres candidates, but in the long run that is all just propaganda as well. Saying "the other side is just making it a big deal is propaganda!" is, in itself, propaganda.

As an aside, they really need to speed up baseball. Like I have time for four minutes per batter. Seriously? The only thing that has to be slowed down in america is cooking. Cook things right! Its nice. Use wood instead of metal for your kabobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    Belf pala, we should hang out sometime.
    I assume you're one of my neighbors that I'm paranoid of?

As an aside, they really need to speed up baseball. Like I have time for four minutes per batter. Seriously? The only thing that has to be slowed down in america is cooking. Cook things right! Its nice. Use wood instead of metal for your kabobs.
    You just hit two of my three favorite topics... we could totally hijack this thread. But... I'll restrain myself. (kebabs: skewer the meat and vegetables separately, as they take different times to cook, then re-skewer them together, or even serve them that way). Ok, ok, I'll stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I assume you're one of my neighbors that I'm paranoid of?

You just hit two of my three favorite topics... we could totally hijack this thread. But... I'll restrain myself. (kebabs: skewer the meat and vegetables separately, as they take different times to cook, then re-skewer them together, or even serve them that way). Ok, ok, I'll stop there.

I have always done meat first, vegetables second, depending on the thickness of the meat. But yeah, if you are in the district with her, then I am around those parts as well :P

I am ashamed, as I only vote for presidents anymore. I do not even care. I just find that the parties are so sickening that voting more then once every four years would kill me.

I have always done meat first, vegetables second, depending on the thickness of the meat. But yeah, if you are in the district with her, then I am around those parts as well :P
    I'm one district over, fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm one district over, fortunately.
    I dont really know the districts here, I am well away from you I am sure-way up north, near the canadian border myself. The canadians in my guild make fun of me, saying that I am canada's mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    [offtopic]Maybe we've walked by each other on the street at some point. o.o Maybe we know each other!

(This is what I always think when I see someone identify themselves as in the same city as me. And I've had WAY too many "small world" situations to not think there might be some truth to it!)[/offtopic]
    Yea I know, me too, lol.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its stupid. We expect our candidates to be some super American patriots that no one is and then get pissy when they don't deliver perfectly on our insane demands.
    I made no demands. Wasn't getting pissy. I know we seem to have it in for each other, and you probably have me on ignore, but I know you can and do read what I post. Unless of course you were just talking about people in general, then I apologize. But that's not what I was doing.

I was responding to Felya's post about Obama being a sports fan.
    I even said this earlier...
    Listen, I don't have a problem with the pandering. It's what politicians do. And I never held the Jeremiah Wright stuff against him. He was a mixed race kid from Hawaii, just graduated from an east coast Ivy League school trying to make a name for himself and give himself some street cred in Chicago. It makes sense that he would attend one of the largest churches on the south side of Chicago.
    I would think most people would agree that's a fair and accurate assessment.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 12:43 AM ----------

No outrage from me, just something I don't like. Actually, I wasn't even aware people were outraged, mine and Merkava's mild outrage notwithstanding.
    Nice, lol.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2012-08-16 at 05:42 AM.

Thankfully after the primary debates no one really takes anything that Bachmann says seriously anymore. It's comedy gold.
    And yet she'll get re-elected, and she sits on the House Committee for Intelligence.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    [video=youtube;oSBBMdCudH0] You didn't build that was taken out of context and I'm shocked and suprised republicans haven't figured that out by now.

Both Obama and Mitt Romeny.

Seriously, that line was cut off and used as a ploy for republicans. That's not all he said.
    Republican politicians and operatives know very well that it was taken out of context and not what he said.

Conservative voters, however, live in a bubble/echo-chamber of blatantly dishonest and partisan conservative talk radio and Fox News, and so they're hearing over and over that it's absolutely true that Obama claimed that people didn't build their own businesses.

Of course, some conservatives also know that it isn't true, but they don't care. It's being used as a negative against Obama so true or not, they like it.

It's not an expectation of being perfect, it's an expectation of being honest. It's not a deal breaker for me, if that's what it boils down to.

As I said, if you're a casual baseball fan, why act like a well-versed one?
    Obama is pretty much a crafted image in all facets.

Just look at what happened when some reporters decided to research who some of the people in his books were, only to discover they weren't real people but composite characters. Composite characters is a nice way of saying fictional characters.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    And yet she'll get re-elected, and she sits on the House Committee for Intelligence.
    Was always told "military intelligence" was an oxymoron.

Of course, she could actually be really good at that intelligence stuff, but since it's all classified she can't actually prove it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing the lot of you didn't actually read the speech or actually watch the video of it, you just assumed that because the left wing defense brigade claimed Obama didn't mean that, it was true. It's even worse in context...
    Just because you keep saying it doesn't mean it's true.

But I had this argument already and I'm not going to have it again. It's how you decide to interpret his speech and you've clearly interpreted it in the worst possible way. That's your right, but it doesn't make you right.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Democrats could do so much better then Obama. maybe someone with some gumption.
    Warren/Castro 2016!

I often wonder how folks feel about Romeny's pro gay addoption stance..... lol
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-08-16 at 02:31 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Was always told "military intelligence" was an oxymoron.

Of course, she could actually be really good at that intelligence stuff, but since it's all classified she can't actually prove it.
    If she's good at it then she's pretending to be the exact opposite in public. She's the one making ridiculous and unsubstantiated claims about American citizens (Muslims) in order to raise her own profile and raise money for her political career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama is pretty much a crafted image in all facets.
    Romney is no different. Any politician is a carefully crafted construct of images and ideas -- it's all a huge PR campaign and whoever they really are gets subverted in the public eye. Hence the relatively frequent amount of scandals of politicians going and doing some very naughty things. You can only pretend to be a fake persona for so long before you start to crack.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.