10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Liberal View Post
    Gary Johnson is a racist.
    Evidence maybe?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Evidence maybe?
    are you seriously engaging someone that made an account to spout rhetoric? i thought you had more sense than to feed trolls smrund, lol

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Evidence maybe?
    He doesn't support affirmative action or black empowerment. Everything is racist!!
    Last edited by The Liberal; 2012-08-19 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Liberal View Post
    He doesn't support affirmative action or black empowerment. Everything is racist!!
    Again - trying too hard...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    What makes them idiots and giant douches? Other than their size, what makes them so inadequate at washing and soaking?
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I understand the point. It's kind of like when Righties call illegal immigrants simply "illegals" to me. Just annoys me.
    belfpala pretty much perfectly explained it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    belfpala pretty much perfectly explained it.
    So, it's because other are people doing it? I want to see the superior intellect that runs around calling people idiots and douches.
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-08-19 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, it's because other are people doing it? I want to see the superior intellect that runs around calling people idiots and douches.
    I feel like somebody else is using Felya's account, because Felya is articulated and coherent, where as these last few posts are... not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like somebody else is using Felya's account, because Felya is articulated and coherent, where as these last few posts are... not.
    Many people say my posts are incoherent, it's stranger to see someone say otherwise. Thank you.

I see that you find a group of people idiots and douches, so I would like to know your reasoning. I think I can clear up any misconceptions you might have. When I know the reason behind your insults, I can at least try to rationalize those reason. That's why I am asking for the reasons. Help me, help you...

Oh, put the 'people' ahead of the 'are' and it should be fine to understand. I'd fix it, but it's quoted already so... At the risk of being incoherent... Bleh...
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-08-19 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many people say my posts are incoherent, it's stranger to see someone say otherwise. Thank you.

I see that you find a group of people idiots and douches, so I would like to know your reasoning. I think I can clear up any misconceptions you might have. When I know the reason behind your insults, I can at least try to rationalize those reason. That's why I am asking for the reasons. Help me, help you...

Oh, put the 'people' ahead of the 'are' and it should be fine to understand. I'd fix it, but it's quoted already so... At the risk of being incoherent... Bleh...
    There's my Felya! Alright, anyway idiots wasn't meant in the sense of "unintelligent", it's more... well it was just supposed to be an insult because I don't like them. Basically I just despise the term "one-percenter". You know how douche-y and annoying it looks when somebody refers to Obama as "Obummer"? That's how I see it when people call the wealthy "one-percenters". Would you take a video seriously if it continuously referred to the president as "Obummer" and nothing else? I wouldn't. Its the same principle.

There's my Felya! Alright, anyway idiots wasn't meant in the sense of "unintelligent", it's more... well it was just supposed to be an insult because I don't like them. Basically I just despise the term "one-percenter". You know how douche-y and annoying it looks when somebody refers to Obama as "Obummer"? That's how I see it when people call the wealthy "one-percenters". Would you take a video seriously if it continuously referred to the president as "Obummer" and nothing else? I wouldn't. Its the same principle.
    I think it's common for people to hate buzzwords, especially forced ones, at least I do but then again I get called a hipster a lot lol. People use them as a crutch far too often instead of using their vocabulary to say something meaningful. However I don't think I agree with a blanket-hatred of 'One-percenters' I mean it's not as clunky as having to say 'The people in the top 1%' and that particular demographic do represent a genuine problem. Although the majority of people who use it will be the uninformed who jumped on the OWS bandwagon, but not much you can do about that, except take the time to read what they're saying and decide if the person is worth engaging or not.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2012-08-19 at 10:38 PM.

I once went to Mitt Romney's facebook page. Seeing grown men and women calling the President names made me sad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I mean it's not as clunky as having to say 'The people in the top 1%' and that particular demographic do represent a genuine problem.
    That's the thing, though. He didn't say "corrupt men" or "evil people" or anything of that sort, he only said "One-percenters". It was obvious from the context that he was using that phrase with the intention that you would hear "one-percenters", and immediately know that he was referring to bad people. Something along the lines of "If you're an American, then they one-percenters are against you! They are the enemy!" I hate that. There are bad rich people, but simply being wealthy does not inherently make you evil. And because of the careless way they are throwing it around as an insult, they are in fact making themselves look foolish. What about the people in the top 1% who support Obama? Are they not "one-percenters" because they're Democrats?

Maybe it's silly. I don't know. But they blew their chance to win me over when he used that phrase with that spiteful tone.

Maybe it's silly. I don't know. But they blew their chance to win me over when he used that phrase with that spiteful tone.
    Well it is supposed to be a 'gloves off' attack ad, trying to paint the opposition as an 'other' is a pretty common tactic, hell as a Republican you should know that :P

I think it's just bias (no offense, I mean we're all subject to it). It just seems that if you're willing to overlook valid points because of a phrase, or the messengers (who are pretty meaningless in the bigger picture) then perhaps you weren't wanting to agree with them in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Well it is supposed to be a 'gloves off' attack ad, trying to paint the opposition as an 'other' is a pretty common tactic, hell as a Republican you should know that :P

I think it's just bias (no offense, I mean we're all subject to it). It just seems that if you're willing to overlook valid points because of a phrase, or the messengers (who are pretty meaningless in the bigger picture) then perhaps you weren't wanting to agree with them in the first place?
    Oh no, I agree with a lot of what they were saying. Don't get me wrong. I just don't agree with them as people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I once went to Mitt Romney's facebook page. Seeing grown men and women calling the President names made me sad...
    I wonder if you said the same about GW Bush
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    It's the same reason that Foxnews.com had to remove their comments section. I think they were embarrassed that a good 30% of the comments were stuff like "Flooding in Malaysia? Looks like Obummer fucked up again!" with an additional 5% being rants about how horrible colored people are (no matter what the subject of the article was)

It was a smart move on their part.

So how much of this is true i wonder.
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/08...-voter-rights/
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last question you asked is what I am getting at. I don't discrediting an entire group of people based on a video I don't like. I might watch a video or see an idiotic person hollering get to get the '1%', where I do not have to take that individual seriously. I agree on a lot of the message and just because there was a lot of bafoonery associated with the movement, does not change the message.

We have a bunch of old veterans and sympathizers gather almost every weekend on the corner of Alaska ad California (street names). When I say old, you would think it was a tea party rally (I know, it's a joke). They have the one percent signs and I really do not think they are idiotic douches, seem like nice folks.

Be mad at the posers...

There are bad rich people, but simply being wealthy does not inherently make you evil. And because of the careless way they are throwing it around as an insult, they are in fact making themselves look foolish. What about the people in the top 1% who support Obama? Are they not "one-percenters" because they're Democrats?
    It's a double standard. They rail against only certain rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdoletoo View Post
    It's a double standard. They rail against only certain rich people.
    If you think liberals have a problem with rich people as a concept you're either not listening or making shit up.

Though conservatives do seem to have a problem with celebrities in politics.
    Last edited by Wells; 2012-08-20 at 01:49 AM.