Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Getting in trouble for lying about a blow job is getting in trouble for lying.
    Having to lie about a BJ because you were accused by someone else of infidelity (and abuse of power, harassment, using State Troopers to ferry women around for you to have sex with) is something entirely different. He didn't lie to protect Hillary or himself from Hillary, he lied because he didn't want to show that he did in fact do many of the things he was accused of by many women.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Witch hunts you like are good it seems.

Witch hunts you don't like are bad.
    I know you won't see the nuance. But there's a major difference between "let's probe the legality of the Bush administration interrogation methods" versus "let's hire independent counsel and give him as much money as he needs to find something, anything."

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to respond to this and every other statistics people are clinging to like fact in the same manner: 98% of statistics are made up

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I know you won't see the nuance. But there's a major difference between "let's probe the legality of the Bush administration interrogation methods" versus "let's hire independent counsel and give him as much money as he needs to find something, anything."
    The other party always probes the executive branch if they get a majority to allow it.

They went on a witch hunt and could only find Scooter Libby.

That's your tax dollars hard at work.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

"Smartest-guy-in-the-room" incapable of using an iPhone. (Arguably one of the most intuitive devices ever created.)

...and people are going to vote for this guy? IF i was an obama supporter, this would give me pause.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...rouble-iphone/

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    I am going to respond to this and every other statistics people are clinging to like fact in the same manner: 98% of statistics are made up
    So when someone links a statistic that's actually obtained through experimentation and research, it's on the same level of reliability as someone who tosses a number out that's based on nothing more than a random guess?

You're not very smart, are you?

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    "Smartest-guy-in-the-room" incapable of using an iPhone. (Arguably one of the most intuitive devices ever created.)

...and people are going to vote for this guy? IF i was an obama supporter, this would give me pause.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...rouble-iphone/
    Really? That's the reason you come up with for saying, "Would you actually vote for this guy?" This is a joke, right?

I was trying to operate an iPad a couple weeks ago. My cousin's 9 year old kid had to show me how to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF i was an obama supporter, this would give me pause.
    Are you serious?

I'm extremely tech savvy and I usually have to fumble around a bit if I'm given a phone I'm not familiar with.

Now I've heard everything.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    You're not very smart, are you?
    That's wasn't necessary. The two political threads are degrading rather rapidly lately -- can we at least pretend to be civil?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

What if it was him not knowing the price of milk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    Guess Nate Silver's data falls under the 2% then.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does this have to do with anything? I feel like this is a totally loaded question.

I would say it depends. I don't buy milk very often, and when I do, I buy small containers (usually for cooking/baking). So I really don't know what a gallon of milk costs. Does that make me stupid?
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to lie about a BJ because you were accused by someone else of infidelity (and abuse of power, harassment, using State Troopers to ferry women around for you to have sex with) is something entirely different. He didn't lie to protect Hillary or himself from Hillary, he lied because he didn't want to show that he did in fact do many of the things he was accused of by many women.
    My point was that he didn't get in trouble for a blow job, he got in trouble for lying and impeding the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I would say it depends. I don't buy milk very often, and when I do, I buy small containers (usually for cooking/baking). So I really don't know what a gallon of milk costs. Does that make me stupid?
    Heh. The Price Is Right Test of Intelligence!

Brilliant!

Edit: I don't know the price of milk either. It changes every day.

My point was that he didn't get in trouble for a blow job, he got in trouble for lying and impeding the law.
    let's look at this a bit more objectively. how many men would outright fess up if asked about cheating on their wife? now tell me what business the law had asking him about a bj in the first place. he wasnt accused of rape

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Heh. The Price Is Right Test of Intelligence!

Brilliant!
    I played the Price Is Right game on facebook and the only thing I learned is that I apparently have no clue what anything costs.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    let's look at this a bit more objectively. how many men would outright fess up if asked about cheating on their wife? now tell me what business the law had asking him about a bj in the first place. he wasnt accused of rape
    He got the worst of both. He was found out and impeached for trying to cover it up.

What if it was him not knowing how to play a piano? I mean, the entire chromatic scale is right there, in front of you. Any idiot should be able to play Chopin.

He got the worst of both. He was found out and impeached for trying to cover it up.
    my point is, his "impeding the law" was lying about something no philanderer would be truthful about, in response to a question that should never have been asked under oath. many of our presidents have been unfaithful to their wives, no other time has a pres been sworn in to discuss it

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    That's wasn't necessary. The two political threads are degrading rather rapidly lately -- can we at least pretend to be civil?
    Sorry. I don't feel the need to be civil when someone spouts crap like the post I responded to. I guess I should feel bad, but I really don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I don't think one's ability to operate a specific device or know a specific number is reflective of their ability to govern.

If say, a person were illiterate, then yes, I may question their ability to govern. If a person were say, mentally handicapped, then yes I may question their ability to govern. But if a person can't operate an iPhone? Who ^%$#%^ cares? I own an Android and you couldn't give me an apple product and make me like it, I hate Apple products. Obama doesn't know the price of milk? So what. Whole? Unpasteurized? 2%? Skim? Gallon? Half? Quart? Pint? Here in Wyoming or over there in Texas? At my store or at Wal-Mart? The sale price or the MSRP? Again, who *(#@$^& cares!?
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2012-09-10 at 07:31 PM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.