Deleted

need advice what to buy to increase performance

hello everyone!

I just got my 120hertz monitor and I love it. but in order to utilize it to the max, I need to update my computer. I want to either buy a new graphics card, processor and/or RAM.

bare with me, I am a complete noob when it comes to PC's, so that's why I am asking here, hoping to get professional advice.

current equipment:

Graphics Card
    NVDIA GeForce GTX 470

PROCESSOR
    Intel Core (TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2,67 GHz

RAM
    4GB

I'd like to spend ~400 euro (can be more, but around that category)

So the problem I'm encountering is that since I bought and installed the 120Hz monitor, my game feels smoother, but I can't play it with all settings on ULTRA anymore ( I can, but it causes severe FPS decreasement in certain situations like if there is a DK spamming a lot of desecration ). Basicly, I want a FPS improvement. Would be awesome, if I got as close as possible to a standard 120 FPS in arena / while raiding with most configurations set on ULTRA.

If you need any more Information, let me know and thank you all very much in advance!

Got caught in the moderation filter so here's a free bump! (EDIT: Also. The cheapest you can do to get those numbers in arena, is to overclock your CPU to ~3.6-3.8 GHz and then perhaps see if your GPU has any overclocking headroom.
    The only thing you'd need to buy is a better CPU aftermarket heatsink.)

New mobo + core i5 2500k. Also delete the WTF folder in the Wow folder.

Quote Originally Posted by gmike View Post
    New mobo + core i5 2500k. Also delete the WTF folder in the Wow folder.
    Buying now right before ivy bridge seems kindof a waste.

It'd be a waste either way, since it's easily achieved with a Lynnfield as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    It'd be a waste either way, since it's easily achieved with a Lynnfield as well.
    This is true aswell, as far as i'm aware only the shadows hog way too much.