Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    My i7 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM W764 system had lower FPS on 64 bit client by a significant amount.

Around 30fps in 64 bit mode, 56fps in 32 bit.

This was at a specific location in SW at the same time - doing a spin (i.e. loaded data).

... seems like the problem was that mentioned right above me. Set to 64 bit, then exit client then enter clienter again and I'm at the same performance 64 bit as 32 bit.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2012-02-02 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    So, this may seem like a noobish question, but i had to ask. I have heard rumors that the human eye can't see above X fps (depending on rumor) and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the matter since i noticed some of yall have some fairly high fps while playing wow (my laptop sits at 55-60 constant even while raiding no matter what)
    There are several myths, rumors floating around based on various pieces of information. I'm not sure anyone has posted anything that 100% proves or disproves anything. Here is a article I often post to address part of it.
    http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frame...humans_see.htm

Take it with a grain of salt, do a little googling of you own.

For those seeing a massive FPS loss, some people over in the blizzard fourms pointed out that if you are runnign a Nvidia card you might need to go into the nVidia control panel, under managed 3D settings, under Program settings and Add the wow-64.exe. A guild did this and it fixed their issue.

Someone else recommended making sure that if you also have an intgrated video card that nvidia is set to use your actual gaming card, as some are setting it to use the onboard card.

Deleted
    intel core2 duo, ati 5570 detail max, shadow low
    winsows 7 Ultimate:
    32bit client dx9 - 59-60fps
    32bit client dx11- 59-60fps
    64bit client dx9 - 59fps
    64bit client dx11 - 57-58fps
    windows XP:
    32bit client dx9 - 67fps

Western Plaguelands - andorhal battle

10+ Year Old Account
    Please guys, in order to test FPS properly, use ingame benchmark, because fps "flying above stormwind" in most cases can be biased.

use ingame command
    /timetest

Go to flymaster and take fly route from one point to another.

Fly the same route on all your tests and compare the results accordingly.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hardware specs:
    i7-2600K @ 4.5GHz
    8GB RAM @ DDR3-2133MHz
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 @ 1125MHz/1575MHz

Game settings:
    Windowed Mode (Fullscreen) @1920x1200
    All settings at maximum quality

32-bit client SW->IF
    Min FPS: 26.015
    Max FPS: 448.766
    Avg FPS: 148.248

64-bit client SW->IF
    Min FPS: 26.351
    Max FPS: 456.352
    Avg FPS: 148.141
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-02-06 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Same FPS, but 5 times faster loading screen, it does it for me.

asd

I think my computer runs pretty well on 64bit

15+ Year Old Account
    So many misconceptions about this.

A. Having more RAM doesn't help WoW. Like... at all. WoW is never going to use even 4 GB of memory. It's a game that is 7 years old, what on earth do you expect?
    B. Don't fall for the placebo effect. Actually measure your FPS over a prolonged period of time in an area you can control. Then, restart your computer, start the 64-bit client and do the same.

All the posts I see on the official forums are basically "OMG GAIS SO LIKE THIS ONE LFR I HIT 100 FPSES!!! I'VE NEVER DONE TAHT B4!"
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-02-06 at 05:55 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Ye well, with the 64bit client my SLI doesn't work, only 1 card is working. Any1 noticed this?

I didnt feel any improvements at all in FPS at all. Also on 8gb

Like this Btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    Same FPS, but 5 times faster loading screen, it does it for me.
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2012-02-06 at 06:28 PM.

I notice next to nothing difference performance wise minus in very certain situations and in those situations it is usually only 1-5 extra frames compared to the 32 bit client at the very most. Other then that on occasion it does sky rocket a lot higher then it ever did -- well past and into the 100's but this is always when the game isn't really under "load" at all which doesn't really count in my book as a hick in performance.

Where can I get the 64 bit client for EU servers? Been searching the wow forums but they're all topics from 2010 or 11.