Soul Link does damage?

That is my question, simple enough. I keep looking at logs of Soul Link doing damage. For example I was comparing my last H Ultraxion kill to a ranked gentlemen and this is what i saw: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4f2aa...a000a25#damage

Me: Soul Link - 7,600 damage
    Him: Soul Link - 806,230 damage

1) Why is Soul Link doing damage.
    2) Why is his doing so much more?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Amontoya86; 2012-02-02 at 03:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Soul Link doesn't actually reduce the damage taken, it just redirects it to your pet, that's why it does damage.
    As for why his did so much more damage than yours, I don't know. I would have thought yours just wasn't active the whole fight but it seems like it was.

Edit:
    Also, the damage that Soul Link does does not actually affect rankings at all, it shows up in the damage breakdown but it is not added to his actual total when looking outside the breakdown.
    Last edited by Siri; 2012-02-02 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    That is my question, simple enough. I keep looking at logs of Soul Link doing damage. For example I was comparing my last H Ultraxion kill to a ranked gentlemen and this is what i saw:

Me: Soul Link - 7,600 damage
    Him: Soul Link - 806,230 damage

1) Why is Soul Link doing damage.
    2) Why is his doing so much more?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
    All that damage was done to 2 of his pets (check the targets tab on that URl, yours was done to one of your pets), so basically he was doing the equivalent of standing in the fire (I quit a long time ago so I'm not sure of the fight details on Ultraxxion, it may have been intentional ie soaking) you weren't.

Well, he had 82 hits with it against your 1 hit. And in buff uptime your log somehow doesn't register it being present at all.
    Maybe it dropped off and then you didn't refresh it?

Deleted
    In reply to second question:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6evr5...?s=5495&e=5807
    (prenerf)

The damage TAKEN by players is higher compared to the damage your group took, as illustrated with the following log

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/n798f...?s=2688&e=2999

Of course soul link will have a lower damage on yours (which is a good thing) because you received less damage. Seeing the log came from yesterday its safe to say that the 5% damage nerf on the bosses had a huge impact as well

Regarding to #3, if you see it has # uptime it means either (in case of positive buffs) that its up all the time, or in case of negative that it didnt proc much (seeing holy radiance I wouldnt be surprised the damage got absorbed by quite a lot (or pet swapping :P)
    Last edited by mmoca05de5a2bf; 2012-02-02 at 03:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Well, he had 82 hits with it against your 1 hit. And in buff uptime your log somehow doesn't register it being present at all.
    Maybe it dropped off and then you didn't refresh it?
    That's what I thought too but when I searched through the log I found no indication of Soul Link fading.
    On closer inspection it does however look like the felguard was just out at the very beginning, then replaced with a Felhunter and Soul Link just never got activated after that. Log should still show Soul Link fading though, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiematico View Post
    In reply to second question:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6evr5...?s=5495&e=5807
    (prenerf)

The damage TAKEN by players is higher compared to the damage your group took, as illustrated with the following log

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/n798f...?s=2688&e=2999

Of course soul link will have a lower damage on yours (which is a good thing) because you received less damage. Seeing the log came from yesterday its safe to say that the 5% damage nerf on the bosses had a huge impact as well

Regarding to #3, if you see it has # uptime it means either (in case of positive buffs) that its up all the time, or in case of negative that it didnt proc much (seeing holy radiance I wouldnt be surprised the damage got absorbed by quite alot
    Yeah, for 5%. The difference in the damage of soul links is around 98,7%, however

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Yeah, for 5%. The difference in the damage of soul links is around 98,7%, however
    That with the missing soul link probably, but you cant deny the damage income has been reduced severely as compared to op's damage taken of 2709231 damage, vs 4117118 of the other guy

on further inspection seems he just forgot to recast soul link, he had two pets, first felguard with 3.4% participation and felhunter the rest
    Last edited by mmoca05de5a2bf; 2012-02-02 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Edit:
    Also, the damage that Soul Link does does not actually affect rankings at all, it shows up in the damage breakdown but it is not added to his actual total when looking outside the breakdown.
    As long as this is true thats good. I am pretty sure I recasted Soul Link after I got my Felhound out.........but the logs show otherwise. I find it weird that I did more damage last week pre-nerf, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    As long as this is true thats good.
    Just to dispel any doubt should someone else come along and say that I am wrong:

Deleted
    lol.

Before you pull soul link your felpup the bring out your felguard.

Then when switching pets youll have soul link up on your felpup

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep the spirit alive Nthrx!!!!

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________