Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rippir2 View Post
    Also: Why bother with threat issues? Isn't it enough for de SP to be the nearest person to the tentacle in order to get the impale as soon as the tank is oor?
    We just handle it, short before the impale the meeles go away from the corruption (Bolt is coming in this momemt) and the shadow just needs to be the closest person to the corruption.

How would you do this fight with this comp:

Blood DK, Prot/Ret Pally, F-DK, Rogue, 2 Warlocks, 1 Hunter, 1 R-Druid, 1 R-Shaman, 1 H-Pally? Would you use 2 tanks, or would you suggest 1 tank, but use the spriest tactic but with the rogue instead? Let me know your thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rippir2 View Post
    Hi Chashu, thanks for the response.

To get that right: Impale is a 4 second cast, during that cast the tentacle does no melee hits.
    If the tank is out of melee range when this cast is over, the target with the second most threat (i.e. #1 after tank) gets the impale debuff, no matter if there are opther people in melee range. That would basically mean, that if the tank gets out of range after the cast starts, the shadow would not run any risk of taking a melee hit, wouldn't he? Also, it would be safe for arms an arms warri + rogue to stay in melee range with lower threat than the sp.

Concerning the tetanus stacks:
    That basically means, that there is not really a use in having 2 tanks, as long as the combined stacks don't nearly oneshot that one tank? Plus it would be very nice for that one tank to be able to drop the stacks of both adds (combined in one stack) together, so that it is of no disadvantage to onetank that phase.

Thanks again in advance!
    Impale is casted by the corruption almost as soon as it is off CD. The person that gets imprinted (gets a 4 second debuff) is the target of the impale after the 4 second cast. The target is always the person with the highest threat in melee range.

Once the target is imprinted the melee and tanks can go back in to attack it without worrying about getting hit by impale during that 4 second cast because the target is already selected. (arrow on head) The tank has to move out BEFORE the cast starts because if he is still in there and has the highest threat while the cast is going, he most likely got the impale imprint (4 second debuff) which makes him the target of the impale damage at the end of the cast.

If you aren't able to kind of wrap your head around what I'm talking about here's our kill video. I'm sure you know what you need to look for in it so you can see how it works.

And you're right about the tetanus stacks in regards to one tanking it. It's all about that debuff damage there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbIwR...layer_embedded

P.S: I know... I'm a bad spriest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chashu View Post
    Impale is casted by the corruption almost as soon as it is off CD. The person that gets imprinted (gets a 4 second debuff) is the target of the impale after the 4 second cast. The target is always the person with the highest threat in melee range.

Once the target is imprinted the melee and tanks can go back in to attack it without worrying about getting hit by impale during that 4 second cast because the target is already selected. (arrow on head) The tank has to move out BEFORE the cast starts because if he is still in there and has the highest threat while the cast is going, he most likely got the impale imprint (4 second debuff) which makes him the target of the impale damage at the end of the cast.

If you aren't able to kind of wrap your head around what I'm talking about here's our kill video. I'm sure you know what you need to look for in it so you can see how it works.

And you're right about the tetanus stacks in regards to one tanking it. It's all about that debuff damage there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbIwR...layer_embedded

P.S: I know... I'm a bad spriest
    i never understand why people bother with the first 4 parasites and even waiting to kill the blood. so much wasted time

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    i never understand why people bother with the first 4 parasites and even waiting to kill the blood. so much wasted time
    You bother with the parasite to minimize damage. You wait to kill bloods at times to Maximize spellweave damage which just kills everything, especially the 2nd parasite... you're wasting time and damage by killing them off and not using spellweave to the fullest. Parasites die so much faster when you AoE bloods on top of them over single targeting. Also with the bloods near the corruptions it allows for cleaving spellweaves to put even more damage on corruptions. So no, it's not wasted time, in fact you're saving time by keeping them up and killing them at the right times.

We've had 2 days on this now and we hit phase 2 a few times.

We 1 tank with DK and use SP to soak impales. We just have the DK and meele run behind the SP when the impale comes, and it has been working fine. We kill the parasites and get the corruption down in time (we use BL for the corruption on the last platform).

Our biggest issue we've met so far has been in phase 2 with the bloods. With full time DPS we spawn the bloods almost exactly with the big adds, which makes it a bit messy. Would you recommend to AOE the big adds ontop of the blood, or wait with the DPS on the boss to get the big adds down first, then immediately spawn blood afterwards? What about for the 2nd and 3rd wave of adds/blood? We need to get this timing right so we can easily handle all the adds, and I'm not 100% sure of how we would do it.

Also, for the bloods. Yesterday when we got to phase 2 we used a frost DK together with the 5 ranged DPS and not our rogue cause he was doing IRL business. We had problems with the slows/aoeing of the bloods. Usually when we were prepared for it, a few bloods reached the boss, enough to heal him above the bloodspawn mark again most of the time.

Can someone confirm the use of earthbind totem and mushrooms to slow the adds? And I am also considering to drop our ele shaman for a second meele since both rogues and frost dks apparently have really nice AOE slows, what about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post

We 1 tank with DK and use SP to soak impales. We just have the DK and meele run behind the SP when the impale comes, and it has been working fine. We kill the parasites and get the corruption down in time (we use BL for the corruption on the last platform).

Our biggest issue we've met so far has been in phase 2 with the bloods. With full time DPS we spawn the bloods almost exactly with the big adds, which makes it a bit messy. Would you recommend to AOE the big adds ontop of the blood, or wait with the DPS on the boss to get the big adds down first, then immediately spawn blood afterwards? What about for the 2nd and 3rd wave of adds/blood? We need to get this timing right so we can easily handle all the adds, and I'm not 100% sure of how we would do it.

Also, for the bloods. Yesterday when we got to phase 2 we used a frost DK together with the 5 ranged DPS and not our rogue cause he was doing IRL business. We had problems with the slows/aoeing of the bloods. Usually when we were prepared for it, a few bloods reached the boss, enough to heal him above the bloodspawn mark again most of the time.

Can someone confirm the use of earthbind totem and mushrooms to slow the adds? And I am also considering to drop our ele shaman for a second meele since both rogues and frost dks apparently have really nice AOE slows, what about it?
    Why does your frost DK not just use a spec with Chillblains (50% slow) and howling blast them for epic spellweave damage?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post

The single most important thing in p2 is slowing bloods and you have tons of options from what I can see: Chillblains, Wild Mushrooms, Shadowfury, Desecration, Piercing Howl, Cone of Cold can all be used. As long as the first ones are slowed right off the bat with a follow up slow once the rest spawn then none should ever reach Deathwing.

As far as the Terror timing goes, its totally ok to hold dps on Deathwing, kill Terrors, then push over for Bloods (especially after the nerf!). If your dps are strong you can actually ignore 3rd wave of Bloods and just burn that last 5% BUT MAKE SURE THEY ARE STILL SLOWED.

We ended up killing this slightly past our scheduled raidtime yesterday, after a total of about 12 hours of progress. Thanks for all the advice given in the thread. In case anyone else are in need of some advice from this thread, I will explain some of the difficulties we met and what we ended up doing to score a kill.

Setup: 1 tank, 3 healers 6 dps; DK tank, frost DK disc priest, holy pala, resto shaman, shadow priest, affliction warlock elemental shaman, balance druid and arcane mage.
    Kill order: green/red/yellow/blue (standard).

We used the shadowpriest to soak the impales, purely by using positioning and nothing threat related. We simply moved back about 5 seconds before the 2nd impale and made sure the shadowpriest was the nearest target (but still out of meele range so he wouldn't die due to that). On the last platform when stacking up for the bolt, we stood far back on the platform, popped barrier/some other cds and just had the SP stay a few yards infront of the rest of the group. This worked fine and we never really had any problems with it except for some deaths when someone would be too slow at running back / too quick at running back and got targeted by impale instead of our SP. These were stupid mistakes and not really an issue with the strategy.

The first three platforms went the same; nuked arm/wing to about 92%, switched to the mutated corruption. Placed the parasite in the middle of the timezone (made sure to stay away from the explosion!), nukec it down, ran away for the impale, placed the 2nd parasite at the same place as the first and aoed it together with the bloods. Killed the arm/wing and killed the blistering tentacles on the third plate quickly.

On the blue platform we popped Bloodlust (didn't use it in the start) as soon as the corruption came up to nuke it down quickly. Parasite was placed next to the corruption as Fatboss did in their guide, and killed quickly with the tank and meele helping too. For the bolt we ran back when the bolt was announced on its way (used bigwigs timers) and stacked up as explained above, and made sure to kill the bolt as soon as possible after it landed. We placed the 2nd parasite at the same place as the first one and aoed it together with the blood. Then we went on the wing, killed the 70% tentacles and ignored the 40% tentacles to avoid hitting the cataclysm timer. This required quite heavy healing below 40% and we had to use a spirit link totem for this.

In phase 2 we first tried to do:
    Small tentacles > (hold on the boss) big adds > bloods(1) > (hold on the boss again) > small tentacles > big adds > bloods(2) > bloods(3) (slow and ignore) and nuke him down,

but we didn't have the required burst for this as we couldn't kill him before the bloods reached and healed him. We wiped several times on 2% due to this. We saw we didn't have time on the enrage to finish off the blood before finishing the boss (at least it would be very close), so we rather chose to do it like this:

Small tentacles (hold on the boss) > big adds > bloods(1) > (hold on the boss again) > small tentacles > continue on the boss > big adds+bloods(2) (aoe together and finish off the big adds afterwards) > bloods(3) > kill the boss.

Our tank died on the 2nd set of big adds when the last add was still alive, but we had a combat res available and finished off the add before it could kill anyone. This gave us enough time to kill the last set of bloods and still reach the enrage.

I will post a link to our video and world of logs soon!
    Last edited by damz2969; 2012-02-10 at 10:59 AM.

Deleted
    A tip I've used on normal that I assume would work the same on heroic for resetting stacks on the terrors is to have your holydin use Righteous Defense at max range and kite the adds off the tank and pop Divine Shield/HoP just as they get to you so they reset and go back to the tank. The tank can move further away and thus reset stacks.

Assume this might help with the solo tank strategy at the end.

Ignore my post.
    Last edited by Brosterr; 2012-02-13 at 05:24 PM.