What professions compliment Eng and Alc?

I have a priest sitting at 85, herb/alc. I have a Druid ~77 Eng/mine, and a hunter ~76 mine/herb. I plan to get the hunter to 85 soonish, and once I do I plan to drop the gathering profs from the other 2 toons. I am thinking enchanting/alc for my priest and eng/bs for the druid, but Inscription might be better for the priest. If I want an enchanter though, it might be best to make the druid the enchanter and level tailoring on my priest. I could crush some old instances for cloth and greens. I could also have JC/eng and then DE the JC stuff...

Any thoughts?

So let me get this right you plan to drop the gathering professions from your druid and Priest?

I wouldn't recommend having Enchanting and Tailoring on 2 different toons unless you wouldn't mind going through the hassle of farming on 2 toons for the mats. I would probably take inscription with alchemy on the priest and probably go with JC and Engineering on your Druid. I would leave Tailoring and Enchanting for another alt.

To level Ench/Tailoring it is much easier having them on a single too especially while you are levelling as well only cause you can DE a lot of the quest rewards and dungeon drops while at the same time collect cloth from mobs. Most times simple DE tailoring BOEs will not be enough to cover all the mats required to level Enchanting. You will probably have to farm some more or pick it up from the AH.

Tailors also have a perk of finding additional cloth on mobs so you would need to be running the old dungeons or farming on 2 different toons. While that was my suggestion. However, it totally depends on how you would like to use it.

If you aren't going to be using the druid to do some serious raiding and you want to keep gathering professions on one toon or another, then I'd suggest not dropping mining on your druid, as druids are the most efficient gathers by far as they can just stay in flight form. You save a lot of time this way. Anyways, here is just my opinion on all the non-gathering professions in general. I have quite a bit of experience with professions now that I have 10 85 characters.

1. Alchemy-Very handy, a very profitable profession. This is well worth stacking across multiple toons, particularly if you get one of each of the three specs. The easiest to level, along with inscription.
    2. JC-Also very useful, if you want to be self-sufficent and be able to make some good cash on the side this is another very good choice. This is also the only one I'd get on more than one toon besides alch.
    3. Eng-Good perks, kind of a fun prof, but I see you've got one already so you know what it's about.
    4. Smithing-Not really worth it over some of the other professions for the effort.
    5. Leatherworking-Pain in the ass to level...the most expensive by * a lot* unless you have some skinning mats saved up as there aren't a lot of skinners, and skinning is a lot more annoying to gather mats for than the other two gathering.
    6. Inscription-Not a very useful profession, seeing as glyphs are all learnable now, it's not very profitable, though easy to level and you would end up saving money over time by making the glyphs you need instead of buying them...though buying might be a simpler solution.
    7. Tailoring-Like LW, it's uses are...limited.
    8. Enchanting-A very important profession to have if you want to be self-sufficent, but not really something you'd want to get more than once. It's the most annoying profession to level IMO, and probably the second most expensive behind LW, but worth the cost/effort unlike LW.

So, all and all, I'd say Alch/JC/Chanting > anything else. Now that profession perks are pretty much homogonized, these are the most beneficial professions to have as each is good for every single one of your toons regardless of class and spec. So I'd say get chanting and JC next and save other professions if/when you ever get more toons.

Thanks guys, useful info!