Deleted

Will EU D3 servers implode on launch day due to lack of testing?

I'm wondering, what with the US only hardware being used for beta testing, will they be able to forsee the more than certain mass of server related AND software related errors that might pop up when they launch the european version? Cause I doubt you can just copy US configuration files onto a new bit of hardware, send it to europe, and just launch it and hope all goes well. :P Of course, half of this concern is due to irritation with the fact that europeans aren't getting a chance to contribute to refining the game, or getting any peak at content while WoW fails to release anything new.

Doubtful, they use the same hardware and the same software and they know what they are capable of. If Blizzard felt the need to test EU boxes I'm sure they would be.

Really, I would stop worrying about the no EU invites thing, you really aren't missing anything. I may check all of my bnet accounts when they say new keys go out, but it's really just a ritual so I can reinforce the idea that I am RNG cursed to myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually think alot of problems will come up without some testing :S sadly we'll have to wait and see...

Deleted
    While it isn't a huge concern, it's still a possibility, that something might go wrong on launch day. While they do use the same hardware and software, the european internet infrastructure isn't the same, so it'd be nice to not buy the game and wake up with some data packet being blocked by some random ISP thus killing a whole country's ability to play for a bit we've seen it happen with WoW with small patch changes, so I'm sure it can happen with a fresh game release if no testing is done at all.

It is of course, possible. Bashiok did just tweet that they will have information on regional invites "soon" (TM).

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo Test pre-release prediction.

Blizzard said they will have a demo of D3 available at some point for people who don't know about diablo and want to try it out.

If they wanted to test server strength then they might release the demo pre-launch.

...also they got rid of a bunch of bank slots to help with the server load the first days of the game. (I am unsure if they will be adding the slots to the bank back)

Given that the "beta" is more like a short demo than anything, you aren't missing much by not being there.

The demo is probably going to be released after launch.

Deleted
    I'm confused, are all the current diablo beta testers treated as US players? As I have a EU WoW account only and have got access to the Beta.

Surprisingly enough, using identical Hardware in both the EU and US produces identical results
    Computers aren't particularly patriotic

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Surprisingly enough, using identical Hardware in both the EU and US produces identical results
    Computers aren't particularly patriotic
    Not true at all!
    You can have identical set ups in 2 diff places and one can come with diff problems than the other...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongomadness View Post
    Not true at all!
    You can have identical set ups in 2 diff places and one can come with diff problems than the other...
    Not really then you most likely have two perceived identical systems with diffences but sure there are outer factors but hopefully they have considered things like solar flares and crappy electric equipment a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Bongomadness View Post
    Not true at all!
    If one comes with different problems they weren't identical