best proffesion for a mage

i was just wondering what the best proffesions for a mage are ? i have a lvl 10 mage and have already chosen tailoring enchanting. im just wanting to know before i max the character if another proffession would be best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DRWATTS View Post
    i was just wondering what the best proffesions for a mage are ? i have a lvl 10 mage and have already chosen tailoring enchanting. im just wanting to know before i max the character if another proffession would be best
    Looks good to me sir. Cloak chant is awesome, and an extra 80 int on rings is really nice too. Also both good money makers if you do not like to farm. Increased drop rate on cloth and being a chanter as convenience and also it sucks when there is no chanter in a 5 man, you will always be guaranteed to have one.

thansk i read in another post that BS would be good as well but i think ill just continue on this path since they compliment one another in lvling

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget, with tailoring you are also able to put enchant your legs for next to nothing as opposed to spending 500-1k gold on a max level spellthread

BS is technically the best profession, as you can now get more than +80 stats due to the epic gems, however all the other professions are pretty equal when it comes to min/maxing.

I also have tailoring/enchanting on my Mage. No gathering needed, plus I can always make bags with my leftover cloth if I really wanted to (my gbank is always too full of netherweave, so now all my alts have netherweave bags).

valid points everyone thanks for the info really appreciate it

Is this your first toon?? If so, I would drop both and go herb/mining. Tailoring and Enchanting are both huge gold sinks which will be a constant burden on you while levelling. Herb/Mining will support your levelling experience much better, and give you better benefits along the way.

Then you can hit 85, make a small nest egg, drop your professions and power level up whatever you want for endgame / gold making.

blacksmith enchanting are the best professions as a mage right now

i guess it would be enchanting and tailoring for cloak enchant and ring enchants + lots of gold ;o takes time to level tho.

Cool

thanks for the replies everyone im now lvl 38 with 300 tailoring and 310 enchanting just waiting to hit lvl 50 so i can continue to progress my professions. havent really spent any gold but ive been selling enchanting mats/chants on the AH so ive made around 6k gold so far just off of that. ive also been D/E everything i create with tailoring so i have an entire bank full of mats . again thanks for the advice.

i have always played my pally or dk something you get in ppls face with but never a caster i hacve 2 other characters that are 85's. i was just checking to see what professions ill benefit from for pve i love to raid and well deployed in afghanistan so i figured why not create a new toon to lvl until i get back

For end game raiding Blacksmithing is currently the best because it provides two extra sockets which can be filled with +50 int gems for a bonus of +100 int. However, I wouldn't worry about end game professions at level 10 since the "best" profession is likely to change by the time you get to 85. Tailoring and Enchanting are pretty good choices though. If you want to make a ton of money at level 85 go with Jewelcrafting and Enchanting, although you'll have to buy ore for Jewelcrafting.

Deleted
    Herbalism no doubt <8