Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Someone got mad you took their name, and in spite, reported you. May he find his way to the 9th circle of hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

I have Lumiya and Marr for my characters name, When I was told it would have to be changed I told them to look at my actual account info namely my last name. they have not made me change it because I am a Marr and there is a Lumiya in my family so while it may seem I used SW names I have not as my family name goes back at least 36 generations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone in BioWare wanted the name for their own character.
    A sad day for you :S
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    Someone in BioWare wanted the name for their own character.
    A sad day for you :S
    Thats the worst, when someone likes your name and reports you so they can have it. If someones name has to be changed, no one should be able to use it. But it happens, Im not sure in this game so far, but I know it happens in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post
    Thats the worst, when someone likes your name and reports you so they can have it. If someones name has to be changed, no one should be able to use it. But it happens, Im not sure in this game so far, but I know it happens in WoW.
    I've reported a few names in TOR, mostly in-universe ones (someone using the Surik legacy name, others using firstnames of major Star Wars characters). I know the Surik one was locked out after the person had it changed.

Probably, the OP's name was reported by someone and the CSR/GM that changed it didn't process it properly resulting in the OP being given the wrong reason. Would be on par for their customer service team.

It's not really unjustified, just the wrong reason.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by Bansa View Post
    References that violate trademarks, copyrights and other proprietary rights
    But his Legacy, which was also part of it, also broke the copyright, so why was that also not forcefully changed?

Granted its odd...but if copyright was the cause it was probably only the combination that tripped the flag.

IE they could say Indiana Jones was a copyright infringement...but not say Robert Jones...or even Henry Jones for that matter.

I saw a Heywoodjablome Please, so you should definately fight the name change...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    But his Legacy, which was also part of it, also broke the copyright, so why was that also not forcefully changed?
    Possibly since they look at the entire name, and if the first name was changed it wouldn´t be too "offensive" to Lucasarts . Personally I like the match of words in the name, but I see the point in not using copyrighted stuff (even though that could mean immense load of things).

But honestly - try making a ticket on how the name fits being in the mentioned category (in a NICE manner since they wont have to give a damn about changing things back).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by splashattack View Post
    You may not use names that refer to drugs or that are drug related.

You may not use names that contain an inappropriate phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence or Leet speak, e.g. uberhaxer, xxspeederxx, lolface, rofl, Noobwhacker, TimmyF**k, kock, fuk.

You may not use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules, e.g. Hamsolo, Yooda, DorthVader.

You may not use gibberish names when creating character, e.g. ajsdu, rifndsw, qweszs.
    They have lot of work ahead If they are going to upheld these rules. How do you even define gibberish names like "ajsdu" which sound like legit name to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is my character name is Cuge Hocks.
    Yap.

Not been changed yet.
    Fully expecting it every day though.

Deleted
    Can't see any reason why they changed your name m8.
    Fight them

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanbg View Post
    Can't see any reason why they changed your name m8.
    Fight them
    As already said, its a character from a lucasarts game. Its not uncommon for MMOs to have such a rule, and its why if you make and elf called legolas or a dwarf called Gimli in WoW it'll usually get stung for a name change pretty quickly. It may not have been included in the email he got, but the rule is there.

I'm surprised by what people even try and get away with. I saw a guild earlier called "Fuck the Force". Did they really think that wouldnt get actioned in some way? The only thing I can think of is that its people quitting who think "hur hur this will be soooooo cool, I'll call myself Darth Suckscock, I'm quitting anyway so I dont care if they ban me".
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by sivenom View Post
    I found a Darth Darkhelmet of The Spaceballs Legacy. Tell him that.
    the main tank of my guild is Darth Dark Helmet