Poll: What explains my observations?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I think diet and how society is nowadays, quality of food that is actually affordable, and lifestyle..... plays a role in making young people more fragile and wimpy. This coming from a 22 year old American male. If you want to save money when buying food, you ultimately have to buy cheap quality food, so more often I see friends buying fast food, though I gave that up for 2012, so far going strong. Obviously exercise plays a role too, but still, if you aren't getting adequate nutrients/protein, not only will you not have much energy, but your bones won't be too strong either, nor your muscles. More kids these days drink more soda pop than anything else, it seems.
    As you said food is importand, but being mussled and if you Are it is a big diffrence.

i know people who go to the gym 4 times a week 2-3 hours a day they look all buffed up. i? dont but i work all day in the forest with an chainsaw (8 kg orso) or climb in tree's. if i go to the gym to them some people think naah. he never cant do that he's way to skinny but i'm able to do even more as those pumped up guys, becouse i work all day.

oh, and the fast food yeah i heard it that Fast food is ALOT cheaper in the USa as Healthy food. thank god it aint in Holland. and we still have a shitload of whimpy people.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Oh I accidentally excluded 25 year olds, lol. An interesting observation is that nobody over 25 seems willing to admit to cowboyism.
    it's kinda funny, i live on a farm and raise cattle; and i hate cowboys. i also despise country 'music'.

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by helma View Post
    As you said food is importand, but being mussled and if you Are it is a big diffrence.

i know people who go to the gym 4 times a week 2-3 hours a day they look all buffed up. i? dont but i work all day in the forest with an chainsaw (8 kg orso) or climb in tree's. if i go to the gym to them some people think naah. he never cant do that he's way to skinny but i'm able to do even more as those pumped up guys, becouse i work all day.

oh, and the fast food yeah i heard it that Fast food is ALOT cheaper in the USa as Healthy food. thank god it aint in Holland. and we still have a shitload of whimpy people.
    work muscle is way stronger than lifting weights muscle.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Yeah and all fizzy juice is packed with fructose which makes you gain weight more than anything else. You shouldn't really trust the water supply nearly anywhere, I hear some countries put fluorine in their water. lol.
    Us "some countries" enjoy keeping our teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    My wife is a teacher (5 and 6 grade) and she tells me all the time that we (society) are raising a generation of overweight, socially inept pussies. I agree.
    I agree, but there are some exceptions, right now i am of duty in the army, and there are several of the youth today that want to join the army, get work etc just like before BUT there are less of us.

there are several people who also do it great in sports etc. I will say that the responsibillity here is both on the children themself and the parents. the parents should motivate there children to stay in some form of activity in the afternoon. should it be sports, social stuff or whatever. the chilrren should also take responsibility and do some kind of activity aswell. unfotunetlly it is easier throw the children either in the sofa with a game controller or behind the PC, because then the parents know where they are and they dont have to do anything.

Can even take an example on that: A friend of mine who is working in a kindergarten and they have closed for 4 weeks so that the staff can take there holiday, so when the time came this year she had to argue with the parents to use there holiday weeks with there children. the parents claimed that they did not want to use that many weeks with the children because they were "tired". this was frightening to me that a parent could say womething like this when there child were 3 years old! if you dont want to spend 4 weeks with your children WHY ON EARTH DID YOU MAKE ONE!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Oh I accidentally excluded 25 year olds, lol. An interesting observation is that nobody over 25 seems willing to admit to cowboyism.

Good point lol. I am over 25 and when i was younger I was certainly a cowboy in terms of the risks I might have taken at work. However I have learned how to get those same jobs done, without taking the same risks, just through experience and intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    It also goes unnoticed sometimes. I had an uncle that could definitely fall under the category of "overweight" he wasn't especially tall or anything, but he was a beast, way stronger than you would think he was by looking at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's really sad, I see how this generation is, and I can only wonder how the next generation around this age will be or so... =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber;15337915.[COLOR="red"

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 12:51 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

But that's EXACTLY what i mean. perhaps it's just me but people think that the outside of them makes them cool/strong.

as the pic i showd on page 1. they think Earings and a ugly jacket makes em THE MAN (or being pumped up of steriods and still cant lift a pack of butter)

That's perhaps a problem to!

oh, and i should say, i'm 17 myself to. So still young in the madning generation.
    But atleast at my school there are more ''normal'' people. lumberjack school Ftw!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea kids these days are fucking whimps, I'm 21 and everyone my generation is a bunch of sallies.

My dad whipped the shit out of me when I did stupid shit he told me not to do. You know how many times he had to do that? I think twice, two times with the belt and I said "Fuck that shit im just going to listen and respect my elders and authority, if I don't like it then too bad shut the fuck up and nod and smile".

Kids these days are disrespectful ignorant stupid little bitches. They don't understand that it doesn't matter if you disagree with your teacher or mom or dad, you say yes sir / ma'm smile and shut your pie hole. It doesn't get you anywhere being a little shit, even if your teacher / elder is an asshole gripe about it later with your friends but shut your mouth smile and take it from him. You'll go further in life.

When I was between the ages of like 8-14 I used to go sleep over my friends houses with like 2-3 other friends. When my dad came to pick me up my friends parents would ALWAYS complement on how polite nice and help I was etc etc. I was always like wtf do other kids not offer to help do the dishes and shit when you eat over someones house? I thought it was standard shit. I fucking hate todays youth (<25).

Edit: And its all because of their pussy parents and a society where its "wrong to hit your kid". Wtf? Really?

I mean beating your kid for no reason is one thing. But smacking his ass or belting his ass after he deliberately disobeys you is the quickest way to teach a kid a thing or two about respect. You always have to tell them why they got belted and tell them you love them afterwards. And then also tell them to fucking listen the fuck up next time or its going to be worse.
    Last edited by gr4vitas; 2012-02-03 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted

oh, and the fast food yeah i heard it that Fast food is ALOT cheaper in the USa as Healthy food.
    And you should see the difference in size of US fast food portions compared to ours. Their small is our medium :P It's quite obvious it's being done on purpose, US citizens are the corporations cattle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work for a seismic exploration company. I did 2 years of field work in swamps and jungles around the world, carrying heavy equipment off road, doing hard physical labor, etc. My experience out there was that if you take someone who seems "fragile" and you put them in a tough situation, they'll either break and leave or they'll "harden up" and end up pretty tough. The majority of people "harden up." I think it's probably always been that way, and probably always will be.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Another factor is young people seem to ignore many safety precautions or do thing's improperly.

Even if you are physically strong you can still hurt yourself if you do the job improperly.

For example while lifting heavy objects you should:
    1. Wear a belt or back support.
    2. Lift with your legs.
    3. Bend your knees and keep your back straight.
    4. Lift close to your body.

And so on...
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-02-03 at 08:05 PM.

Lack parenting, lack of experiences external environment, fast food, lack of discipline.... So much more shit.

Deleted
    Focuses have shifted a lot from manual trades to the general aim being things that involve a lot more studying behind a desk. At least where I live manual labour is looked down upon and people aspire to work in medicine, law, accountancy and other more executive positions and I suppose that takes its toll on a generation. As people get richer they tend to want better educations for their children and they want them in great careers with lots of money. I've got nothing against the workers wearing hard hats, they're still necessary for all of our stuff, it's just becoming less of an aspiration, family trades are slipping in communities and everybody wants to go to university. I think it'll be less noticeable as they get older but the conditioning takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    I hear some countries put fluorine in their water. lol.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation
    Don't see anything wrong with it.

On-topic - in many people "fragility" is the result of wimpiness, because they think sports and physical labor will hurt them (or ruin their make-up).
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2012-02-03 at 08:13 PM.

I don't think people are becoming weaker or more fragile. Poor diets etc does damage health but we're a million times more resilient to disease etc these days than we were years back; mainly because we aren't in that great a lack of nutrients; apart from vegans that is. I do, however think the "wimpier" statement fits, not in the capacity that people are just without confidence but because today's society infantilizes the young and the result is young people become overly dependant on their parents and stay "children" for longer than they did in the past.

im often seeing myself confused when im watching people who cant take -10 degrees celsius ~~ im not even heating my apartment at all, even tho its -10 to -15 celsius at night.

also the whole smartphone generation is imo totally messed up in the head, like tweeting about driving to work right now and then 5 minutes later tweeting about having caused a crash and blaming it on the other driver or posting a facebook status where they yell at their parents for buying them the wrong color iphone for christmas and shit like that /facepalm

people are getting extremely spoiled imo and i pray to god for them that we will never find us without those tech-gadgets.. or else around 50% of them would instantly die out of pure shock or something like that.

im also not getting people who tend to panic in extremesituations... its only making things worse and the best chance of survival for you is actually to stay calm and think about your situation, instead of running around, screaming, running into other people and whatever ~~ its common sense!

last but not least i also hate those overly-aggroish people who tend to go berserk irl over the smallest most unimportant things ever.. like their favorite team losing a game of soccer and so on... how self-destructive can somebody get?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation
    Don't see anything wrong with it.
    From what I know, the flouride actually makes our teeth (Americans, for instance) cleaner, naturally, even if we don't brush our teeth every day/floss than people in England, etc. I've noticed this is the case with a lot of people who I've seen in videos and what-not from Britain who are not the slums of society, it's just the natural occurrence.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I don't think people are becoming weaker or more fragile. Poor diets etc does damage health but we're a million times more resilient to disease etc these days than we were years back; mainly because we aren't in that great a lack of nutrients; apart from vegans that is. I do, however think the "wimpier" statement fits, not in the capacity that people are just without confidence but because today's society infantilizes the young and the result is young people become overly dependant on their parents and stay "children" for longer than they did in the past.
    actually no, we arent more resilient to diseases. we just have medicine against alot of things and to be honest this is actually making us weaker.. evolutionwise we dont need our immune-system that much anymore because of the medicine, thus its getting weaker and we also dont develope certain helpful antibodies anymore, wich could be given to our childs and so on.

depends what you're focusing on. I do think people's egos get bruised easier, so in that sense they're more "fragile".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.