Thread: On Mice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Thanks for the quick guide on mice, but I noticed you didn't have much to say on the wireless type. Do you have any experience or recommendations on wireless peripherals?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have much to say because they're not really talked about or recommended. I don't know much about wireless mice to be honest. I don't think there's any place for wireless mice in a gamer market. Having a cord hurts absolutely nothing, especially since the vast majority are out of the way anyway.

Deleted
    The grip images reminded me of when I first started using mice as a kid. I held my thumb on M1. Talk about f-ed up grip

Rather than starting a new thread I wonder if anyone could recommend a gaming mouse for someone with large hands? My Razer Naga has started double clicking on me, and it's quite bothersome, especially playing MOBAs and buying items, beside the Naga always felt small for my hands. I've tried the Logitech G300 and, that too, felt too small, though I am leaning towards a Logitech mouse. Anyone have any experience with the Logitech G9X?

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the Logitech G9X?
    It's smaller than the Naga and G300.

Logitech G9x is a specific mouse targeted mostly towards the claw-grip users.

As a claw-grip user I can say it is fantastic but quickly wears out.

http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic/clawgrip
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

10+ Year Old Account
    For EVERY game, save MMOs (And only if you want a specialized mouse and not a general mouse) I would recommend the G400. I listed all four mice because they're the most kill-all mice on the market. I use my Logitech G400 in DotA 2 and LoL, and have no issues. Mobas aren't really mouse intensive. You spend the most time clicking, so you need nice switches. All the mice I listed use similar switches. (Actually, I think the only one that doesn't use identical switches is the Zowie. Don't quote me.)

It's too bad that Razer and MS stopped making the Habu. It has the same body style as the Deathadder, but with 2 well designed buttons behind the wheel and swap out plates to adjust the potion of mouse4&5. Probably my favorite gaming mouse of all time.

Alright, so a bit of an update I took a shot in the dark and purchased a Mionix Naos 5000. Seemed to have good reviews overall, particularly in the ergonomics department which is important to me with the long gaming sessions I typically have on the weekends. Going by dimensions it should be bigger than the Naga and it has adjustable weights. I'll post a review if anyone else is at all curious about Mionix mice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great post there! I personally use the Razer Mamba on my desktop and the Logitech G500 when on my laptop. I can honestly say I prefer the Mamba, but considering the price tag and the fact that the G500 is an excellent mouse, it shouldn't be too hard to decide between the two. Didn't go wrong with either anyway!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    Eh, I have the same opinion of the G500 as him tbh. And it's a mouse. He couldn't be doing it wrong unless he was shoving it up his ass. It's just a strong representative of logitech's declining build quality. It is also the most widely owned gaming mouse because, like he said, it is available literally everywhere.

To add a grain of salt to every positive review of every computer peripheral everywhere, 90% of the posts you read about this being great or that being the best ever, come from people who only have experience with that 1 product. I realize you've used a lot of mice Fuzzykins, but the majority of people who have loved the G500 have never even used anything else, so they aren't really in any position to comment on anything about it relative to the rest of the market. Just build quality and longevity and comfort.
    I have used a large variety of mice, from your stock Dell mouse to a Razer Naga, and out of all the mice I've used, the G5 and it's older brother G500 have been the best in terms of quality, longevity and comfort. The Naga was admittedly small for me, but it felt cheap. The SteelSeries WoW mouse was possibly the worst mouse I've ever purchased, and brought it back to the store two days after purchase.

In all my days, and through all of my peripheral choices, Logitech has been the best to me in terms of comfort and quality. I've had my G15 keyboard since 2005 (The older, blue one, not the orange one from 2007) since it came out, and it has served me well. Sadly it's starting to die off, as the backlights are starting to flicker on and off on the right side of the keyboard from time to time. However, as we are talking about mice and not keyboards, I digress.

I had the G5 for about six years before I finally bought a new mouse, and after trying the previously listed mice, I went with a G500. So far, it has been wonderful, and I can see that this mouse will last me quite a while longer than the G5 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev111 View Post
    In all my days, and through all of my peripheral choices, Logitech has been the best to me in terms of comfort and quality. I've had my G15 keyboard since 2005 (The older, blue one, not the orange one from 2007) since it came out, and it has served me well.
    Yeah, Logitech's stuff used to be just fine. Unfortunately your old G15 from this point forward would still outlast most of the keyboards they're releasing now. And the G500's downfall is in the inherent properties of its sensor. If you don't play fps games, it isn't a problem. If you do, it's just not as good an option as some others.

Funny you mention the naga and wow mouse though. Those things just seem like such poor gimmicks to me and I'm pretty sure I'd last as long with either of them as you did with the wow mouse lol. The new naga hex seems like they are starting to think more critically about muscle memory, by giving it a more differentiated design position for each side button.

Deleted
    i'd like to add that the mousepad also matters or rather the friction between the mouse and the surface whatever it might be.
    now i never used to think it mattered much but recently i developed a slight injury on my mouse hand from squeezing the mouse too hard for prolonged periods of time because i was using a surface that created a lot of friction and in order to be quick and accurate i had to apply much force to the mouse so while it may not seem like a big deal at first, it's best to avoid problems like this before they occur and get a proper mousepad that fits your needs.

tl;dr: if it feels uncomfortable, fix it before real problems occur.