What to do with Living Embers

Hello, I've recently taken on the task of organizing and cleaning up our guild bank, and I'm trying to raise our gold reserves. I've had pretty good success so far this week, but I'm looking for some advice on what to do with Living Embers. We had a bunch left over from 4.2 and are still picking them up from FL staff runs. I've tried listing them in quantities of 1 and 4, undercutting the few up there by a significant margin, but they haven't moved at all this week. Re listing them is pretty expensive given their vendor value. Are there any reliable craftables we can make with them for sale or is it just a drain of time/money for mat farming for them? What does everyone else do.

Also from previous expansions is there any mats worth hanging on to for MoP or is it best to just plan on selling out inventory before it all drops in value?

The only mats that would be beneficial in the next expansion are probably the enchanting mats like Essences and Shards. I don't think anyone would be buying those Embers right now seeing that you can get better drops from the HoT heroics and the LFR. Probably hold on to some Volatile Life. Think that is about it.

I would probably just undercut the person by 50% and hope for something rather than nothing.

most cata mats will increase in value with MOP. particularly when people start leveling the panda professions.

orbs just arent worth much... boe gear is good for gearing up alts and stuff, but thats about it. try trade chat occassionally, offer a low price, see if anyones interested instead of paying AH deposits.

Unless you're somehow strapped for gold, why not offer the Embers to guild alts if you haven't so far? People are rolling fresh 85s every single day and they might like being able to get easy 378's if they don't feel right ghettoing up with 377 blue PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm26 View Post
    Hello, I've recently taken on the task of organizing and cleaning up our guild bank, and I'm trying to raise our gold reserves. I've had pretty good success so far this week, but I'm looking for some advice on what to do with Living Embers. We had a bunch left over from 4.2 and are still picking them up from FL staff runs. I've tried listing them in quantities of 1 and 4, undercutting the few up there by a significant margin, but they haven't moved at all this week. Re listing them is pretty expensive given their vendor value. Are there any reliable craftables we can make with them for sale or is it just a drain of time/money for mat farming for them? What does everyone else do.

Also from previous expansions is there any mats worth hanging on to for MoP or is it best to just plan on selling out inventory before it all drops in value?
    Definitely don't hang on to them. The only value 378 crafting reagents would have in the next expansion would be a niche market for transmog purposes...and even then, it's not like any of these craftables have unique/compelling art. Lots of classes have their boots covered by robes and such anyway.

With that said, the 378 crafted plate DPS boots are actually still pretty good sellers on my realm, warriors love them. The crit/hit cloth boots are decent aswell seeing as how popular fire mages are right now. This is probably because they're at least somewhat better itemised than their 397 valor counterparts for those particular specs and there isn't anything quite like them in a HoT heroic either. Similar, but not quite as good, which does make a difference to people. So it really depends on whether you can offer an AH price that is cheap enough to entice someone to make that "compromise". If you don't have guildies that can make them - don't bother. If you can't compete with the prices of valor boots on your realm's AH - don't bother.
    Last edited by snarkysnark; 2012-02-04 at 08:21 PM.