10+ Year Old Account

OS stuck at ClassPNP.sys/Raid0 error.

First of all I do not have any experience with Raid0, it was prebuilt and I didn't know how to assemble a computer back when I got it.

My computer suddenly froze, Nvidia drivers crashed & a few seconds later all of my programs/even windows 7 froze up, I force rebooted and got greeted by this.

http://i.imgur.com/wGoJv.jpg <- Raid0 Error

http://i.imgur.com/ip4IB.jpg ClassPNP.sys stuck
    http://i.imgur.com/52vHQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/7SS0K.jpg If you look on the 3rd and 4th pictures you can see some screen tearing, I'm not sure why that happens.

I'm using 2x 1TB Western Digital 7200 RPM harddrives on Raid0 and I've got a intel 320 series 120GB SSD.

I've tried:
    Reslotting harddrives on hotswap bay
    replugging SATA & power cables

I've got no laptop since my girlfriend fried it, my tablet screen is broken and now this ;_;

I'm posting it off a friend's laptop.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, my guess is one of your HDD's failed and it contained some vital files for your OS.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would try going into the windows startup recovery and trying to do a scan disc in the recovery console. Apart from that sounds like you're getting some experience in the disadvantages of RAID0.

it's actually chkdsk in command prompt, X being the drive letter. "CHKDSK X: /F /R"
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2012-02-05 at 06:05 AM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is my OS is on my SSD which got no issues at all, it takes like 2-4 minuttes for it to get past ClassPNP.sys.

I can live with that for a few days, I've got a couple harddrives laying around and I'm gonna back up all of my stuff, my computer needs a clean anyways.

Thanks Sephi, I'll try that.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

There are a few options to try:

Try different data and power cables on the effected drive (SATA cables are a little brittle compared to older versions)
    Try different sata ports (you'll have to change the options in BIOS to match the ports you want to try, such as changing 0 and 1 to 2 and 3)
    Running the chkdsk command mentioned earlier (will take a LONG time to run, do this last)

---------- Post added 2012-02-05 at 06:30 AM ----------

Sometimes sectors can be repaired, other times they can't. Worst case scenario is that you spend all night scanning the disks, have to buy a new 1TB HDD, and re-install all the software.

You might even try to disable the raid array, disconnect the drives, and just boot up the SSD to make sure that Windows is functional. As a few bad files there might cause this as well, such as the drivers for your raid controller!