TOR running with low FPS/GPU replacement.

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but since it's mostly an IT question, thought i'd ask it here:

My specifications are:
    Intel core i7 920 @2.67
    RAM: 6gb
    GPU: Nvidia GT220 by Twintech.
    Latest drivers etc installed.

Now my main issue is that in high settings (Shadows reduced to low, otherwise it runs even lower) TOR runs at a steady 20 FPS. That's rather low and I've tried various solutions online to increase the fps. So the question is, is it the GPU's fault as i suspected? If yes, I would love some upgrade recommendations at a 200$-ish budget.
    Thanks a lot in advance, and once again sorry if this is not the correct forum!

Yeah, that graphics card is really really bad for any current games, and is your major bottleneck at the moment. $200 is about enough for cheapest Nvidia GTX560ti cards.

Slow processor don't help either, and it would be highly recommended to check out overclocking guides.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Forgot to add that this is the 1gb version of Gt220 not the 512.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this, but since it's mostly an IT question, thought i'd ask it here:

My specifications are:
    Intel core i7 920 @2.67
    RAM: 6gb
    GPU: Nvidia GT220 by Twintech.
    Latest drivers etc installed.

Now my main issue is that in high settings (Shadows reduced to low, otherwise it runs even lower) TOR runs at a steady 20 FPS. That's rather low and I've tried various solutions online to increase the fps. So the question is, is it the GPU's fault as i suspected? If yes, I would love some upgrade recommendations at a 200$-ish budget.
    Thanks a lot in advance, and once again sorry if this is not the correct forum!
    For future reference: An easy way to check if it's a gpu issue is to turn all the settings including resolution down to very low options. If you're FPS increases it's a GPU issue, if not, then it's something else.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    Forgot to add that this is the 1gb version of Gt220 not the 512.
    Changes very little. The problem is that the GT220 has almost no rendering capability at all.

A GTX 560 Ti should beat just about everything on this chart, as should a HD 6870.

Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2012-02-05 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    "Outdated" doesn't even begin to describe the kind of bottleneck the GT 220 is. It's simply not a gaming GPU.

Depending on your budget, you could get any GPU ranging from 150$ Radeon HD 6870 to a 400$ Radeon HD 7950 and easily double or triple your FPS.

I recommend the Radeon HD 6870 for $150-$180. Several of my friends have this card and it plays any game including BF3 at high settings or better. Your CPU is still somewhat relevant, so I would blame the 3 generation old(and VERY budget card even at that time) video card.

I would blame the 3 generation old(and VERY budget card even at that time) video card.
    Hehe I know, when i built the pc the only thing that mattered at the time was WoW :P
    Thanks a lot for the replies! I'm really considering that TI...