looking for headset recomendations

so i seem to go through head sets a lot most last 6 months to 1 year.
    i dont really take care of them and so i need to find a
    good head set with a mic that can stand a bit of a beating with out wire fraying
    or mic dieing.

If you wish a proper headset, buy sennheiser pc 360.
    Expensive, but so much better.

It is basicly an slightly upgraded Sennheiser HD555 with a microphone.
    I have the Sennheiser HD555, and i would never switch them for a logitech or corsair headset.
    (Tried all of the corsair gaming headsets, vengeance 7.1 etc.)
    Last edited by Eslu; 2012-02-05 at 05:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Radioshack still sold the Optimus nova 80 that thing is awesome but the cord is finally giving out after many years of abuse.
    A shame really since the unit still pounds as loud as the day I purchased it. I will be getting a Sennheiser pc-350 to replace it sometime this month.

Quote Originally Posted by demondream View Post
    the diablo 3 headset, only 100$ . cant believe you even asked such a question, you living under a rock? it has demon red glow on the headset too
    Haha noob, real gamerz use Call of Duty headsets with their dog-tags and their guns ... Casual.

Anyways on topic, You Screw them up because the wire is prone to errors. Why dont you just recable the damn thing, you'd pick up a thing or two about soldering and you'd repair your headset.
    regardless, most "Headsets" will break due to having way too much wires in a small space and not enough isolation or something stupid like that. What you want is headphones + desktop or clip-on to wire microphone. I can suggest the monoprice 8323 since even if you break the cable, it's removable and replacable, and it costs only 23 dollars, with decent booming sound quality.

(*) Repairing isnt a valid option if your headset is of the USB varietey.
    Nevermind
    Last edited by Keller; 2012-02-05 at 06:18 PM.