Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucretcia View Post
    I'd recommend Tera and SWTOR. Tera is still the fantasy genre but it's combat system is far more engaging and fun. It is also visually stunning.
    I do agree it is kind of grindy sometimes but there are tons and tons of quests and boss fights are challenging. Tera comes out at the end of the month too.
    That sounds very sugar coated, im sorry but that statement alone makes me think its aion with a new combat system.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wrists View Post
    edit:
    rift forums here are empty cause everyone is busy PLAYING THE GAME!!
    hahahaha. Keep telling yourself that.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 07:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    That sounds very sugar coated, im sorry but that statement alone makes me think its aion with a new combat system.

Have you tried Aion since newer content patches? The grind aspect is gone. The only "grindy" part of the game is gathering.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerninja View Post
    That reminds me has anyone tried black prophecy
    Eve Online is great. Black Prophecy was also OK but included a level system (Like WoW) which was horrid for PvP , also a more concerning issue was the population is very, very low and it not worth the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Have you tried Aion since newer content patches? The grind aspect is gone. The only "grindy" part of the game is gathering.
    Once you get such a terrible taste for a game its hard to go back to it due to so many other titles out there that are either the same or better than aion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    God, I'm fucking sick of this ignorance. People on the Tera forums are actually asking for the XP gain to be toned down cause people level kinda fast, and there are still people saying "herp derp, it r asian grindy gaem".
    The leveling process can never be fast enough for me, i despise it greatly. Id rather an mmo bump everyone to max level so i can just participate in dungeons, raiding, pvp, and some type of alternate progression besides xp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    You think that but you wouldn't. Best case scenario, you'd be just handed a ton of abilities and stats that you wouldn't know the 1st thing about using properly.
    Then i would go out and pve some till i learned them, thats not really a valid counterpoint to what im stating.

Edit to explain: Look at ultima online for example, everyone is on the same level. When you want to learn how the build you are using works, you go into a dungeon or pvp to figure it out
    Last edited by Fishyface; 2012-04-09 at 09:08 PM.

UPDATE: there is a new guy with new episodes covering things and it looks alot more in depth (tho he doesn't have as many episodes as getbonkd just yet).. from the actual devs.. youtube channel is "TubeElephantHD" (and again, looking for his guild wars 2 episodes under "uploaded videos")

at the guy who posted this thread.. i am gonna seriously help u.. right now.. go to Youtube dot com slash getbonkd...... and watch all 24 episodes of his "Guild Wars 2 episodes" series (start with "Guild Wars 2 - Leveling [Ep. 1]").. watch all 24 episodes and save the class episodes for last, in my opinion (but when you get to class, check out the Mesmer) : P
    Last edited by Riskbreaker; 2012-04-10 at 02:21 AM.

Runescape, I guess...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    TERA. Enough said. Don't believe me? Try out open beta April 19th, be forever changed