Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Insane in the Membrane

Hi guys!

So as most of you surely are aware of, one of the requirements that has to be met to complete "Insane in the Membrane" is to have Bloodsail Buccaneers at honored. Today, after grinding in Faldir's Cove 24/7 I hit honored but when I try the script to see my progress on the achievement, Bloodsail is still gray and not green (indicating that it has been completed). I've tried to relog and restart but it didn't help, is it something wrong with the script or? I just want to make sure I can safely kill my Bloodsail rep. Also, I'm assuming that you do not need Steamwheedle factions and Bloodsail exalted and honored simultaneously?

Please, shed some light on this!

Deleted
    Are you totally sure you have hit honored? or are you one point away from hitting it?

I remember I had to go to the ships in booty bay to push myself into honored by doing a quest to to get my bloodsail clothing.

Just a thought, good luck

Not sure about the script, but I do know that you do not need to have both Steamwheedle and Bloodsail at exalted and honored at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Broober View Post
    Hi guys!

So as most of you surely are aware of, one of the requirements that has to be met to complete "Insane in the Membrane" is to have Bloodsail Buccaneers at honored. Today, after grinding in Faldir's Cove 24/7 I hit honored but when I try the script to see my progress on the achievement, Bloodsail is still gray and not green (indicating that it has been completed). I've tried to relog and restart but it didn't help, is it something wrong with the script or? I just want to make sure I can safely kill my Bloodsail rep. Also, I'm assuming that you do not need Steamwheedle factions and Bloodsail exalted and honored simultaneously?

Please, shed some light on this!
    Did you finish the FoS for the Bloodsail, and get the outfit, or did you stop after Faldir?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    Did you finish the FoS for the Bloodsail, and get the outfit, or did you stop after Faldir?
    Yup, I have the title Bloodsail Admiral and all the Bloodsail clothing and I'm without a doubt honored with Bloodsail.

After creating a ticket the GM said that he was unsure since it is a feat of strength, should I go on with turning in cloth or just farm pirates to be on the safe side?

Deleted
    Yep, I have the Bloodsail title and the clothing (hat etc). According to a GM, they cannot confirm it for me since it is a Feat of Strength. What do you think I should do?

Doesnt it make you Insane in the membrane? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Broober View Post
    I'm assuming that you do not need Steamwheedle factions and Bloodsail exalted and honored simultaneously?
    When I did this achievement back in September 2009, you had to have the goblins at exalted and the Bloodsail at honored at the same time. I'm aware that this was changed at some point, but perhaps that was an error and it's now been corrected?

I actually did the goblin grind twice because of this. Took them to exalted for the 40 rep achievement, then found out about the Insane achievement so lost it all while getting Bloodsail to honored. I then had to do the goblin rep again via the Free Knot method in Dire Maul to ensure I didn't lose Bloodsail rep. I later lost the Bloodsail rep while grinding for the parrot in STV, but now there's a method to get that rep all the way to Exalted, I'm almost tempted to do the whole bloody thing again. Almost. It's never gonna happen....
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    When I did this achievement back in September 2009, you had to have the goblins at exalted and the Bloodsail at honored at the same time. I'm aware that this was changed at some point, but perhaps that was an error and it's now been corrected?

I actually did the goblin grind twice because of this. Took them to exalted for the 40 rep achievement, then found out about the Insane achievement so lost it all while getting Bloodsail to honored. I then had to do the goblin rep again via the Free Knot method in Dire Maul to ensure I didn't lose Bloodsail rep. I later lost the Bloodsail rep while grinding for the parrot in STV, but now there's a method to get that rep all the way to Exalted, I'm almost tempted to do the whole bloody thing again. Almost. It's never gonna happen....
    You're nuts (in a good happy way )
    I started my grinds for Insane a bit ago, but had things come up that it had been sidelined for awhile. Picked it back up the other day with Darkmoon Faire. The 4 cartels will be my next go, and then I'll figure out how to do Bloodsail.
    Kaeliri
    Sturmgrenadier Officer
    www.sghq.org
    Join a 10+ year old adult gaming syndicate in the domination of the MMO world

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeliri View Post
    The 4 cartels will be my next go, and then I'll figure out how to do Bloodsail.
    I really would suggest that you do bloodsail before goblin. Either go to Booty Bay and kill guards til honored (it stops 1 point away from honored so go do the bloodsail quest for the clothes to push you over) with Bloodsail, or camp the few mobs in Faldir's Cove for a few days if you want to go solo.

After that hand in cloth til neutral with goblins. After you have handed in enough cloth til you are neutral with all 4 steamwheedle go and kill mobs that give you a few rep a kill, Lost Rigger Cove in Gadgetzan being a great place up to exalted.

Always remember to have your Guild Battle Standard down when farming rep, it actually adds up to a few thousand extra rep overall.

I think it is much better doing it this way than vice versa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I really would suggest that you do bloodsail before goblin. Either go to Booty Bay and kill guards til honored (it stops 1 point away from honored so go do the bloodsail quest for the clothes to push you over) with Bloodsail, or camp the few mobs in Faldir's Cove for a few days if you want to go solo.

After that hand in cloth til neutral with goblins. After you have handed in enough cloth til you are neutral with all 4 steamwheedle go and kill mobs that give you a few rep a kill, Lost Rigger Cove in Gadgetzan being a great place up to exalted.

Always remember to have your Guild Battle Standard down when farming rep, it actually adds up to a few thousand extra rep overall.

I think it is much better doing it this way than vice versa
    My issue is that I'm already revered with all 4 cartels from when I was doing loremaster. So I'm not that far off from finishing. I hardly ever go to Booty Bay, so it probably won't be that big of an issue to lose rep with them. Idk, I might nuke their rep and do Bloodsail first. Thanks for the advice though ^_^
    Kaeliri
    Sturmgrenadier Officer
    www.sghq.org

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeliri View Post
    My issue is that I'm already revered with all 4 cartels from when I was doing loremaster. So I'm not that far off from finishing. I hardly ever go to Booty Bay, so it probably won't be that big of an issue to lose rep with them. Idk, I might nuke their rep and do Bloodsail first. Thanks for the advice though ^_^
    I actually did all four steamwheedle reps first to fully exalted as I never had any intention of going for the insane title. It was only after I realised how damn easy it was to now raise DMF rep that I considered becoming Insane lol.

So it is from personal experience that I suggest going for Bloodsail first, I understand your predicament though and as you are so far in then it would be silly not to do Steamwheedle first. However I really think that once you do drop your rep to hated with the goblins then its a really good idea to raise it back to at least neutral with the dreaded Goblins, they can be evil monsters and believe me you will forget they hate you until you visit them and they net you and murder you lol.

It isnt hard at all to do, just time consuming, I went from fully exalted with all 4 steamwheedle reps, to 1/36000 hated and honored with the Bloodsail, then back to fully exalted with the Goblins all within about 4 days.

Stupid really but I just can't stand my reputation bars not to be full for any faction! Maybe I suffer from OCD :P

GL with your grind, and remember to place your Guild Standard down for the extra rep

I also got my achievement in Sept of 2009. You never had to have both bloodsail and goblins concurrently.

Right now I'm working on getting Bloodsail to exalted here and there while keeping up my goblin rep by killing Venture Bay Refugees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    I actually did all four steamwheedle reps first to fully exalted as I never had any intention of going for the insane title. It was only after I realised how damn easy it was to now raise DMF rep that I considered becoming Insane lol.

So it is from personal experience that I suggest going for Bloodsail first, I understand your predicament though and as you are so far in then it would be silly not to do Steamwheedle first. However I really think that once you do drop your rep to hated with the goblins then its a really good idea to raise it back to at least neutral with the dreaded Goblins, they can be evil monsters and believe me you will forget they hate you until you visit them and they net you and murder you lol.

It isnt hard at all to do, just time consuming, I went from fully exalted with all 4 steamwheedle reps, to 1/36000 hated and honored with the Bloodsail, then back to fully exalted with the Goblins all within about 4 days.

Stupid really but I just can't stand my reputation bars not to be full for any faction! Maybe I suffer from OCD :P

GL with your grind, and remember to place your Guild Standard down for the extra rep
    Lol I am the same exact way. I hit exalted? Not good enough. Bar has to read 999/1000 exxalted for me to be happy lol.

I'm going to start working on Bloodsail this weekend though. See if I can't hammer out these 5 reps asap.
    Kaeliri
    Sturmgrenadier Officer
    www.sghq.org

Quote Originally Posted by Penguirrel View Post
    I also got my achievement in Sept of 2009. You never had to have both bloodsail and goblins concurrently.
    I'm afraid you did. As I pointed out I had the goblin reps at exalted for the 40 reps achievement, and lost them while grinding for Bloodsail rep. I then started working on Shen'dralar, DMF and Ravenholdt, and completed them all while still hovering around revered with the Steamwheedle ones. I hadn't even aimed to farm the goblin rep for the Insane achievement because I presumed I'd already completed that part of it, and was only freeing Knot for a chance at the rare patterns from his box. I was really only in Dire Maul to farm Librams and did so many runs I lost count. It was a bonus to have been so close to revered once I realised it was necessary to do it again. The moment I handed in the last lockbox I expected the achievement, but it didn't happen.

I'm afraid you did. As I pointed out I had the goblin reps at exalted for the 40 reps achievement, and lost them while grinding for Bloodsail rep. I then started working on Shen'dralar, DMF and Ravenholdt, and completed them all while still hovering around revered with the Steamwheedle ones. I hadn't even aimed to farm the goblin rep for the Insane achievement because I presumed I'd already completed that part of it, and was only freeing Knot for a chance at the rare patterns from his box. I was really only in Dire Maul to farm Librams and did so many runs I lost count. It was a bonus to have been so close to revered once I realised it was necessary to do it again. The moment I handed in the last lockbox I expected the achievement, but it didn't happen.
    I had my achievement 4 days before you. I got it while my rep with goblins was at hated and bloodsail was at honored. You only hadd to have it hit that level while the achievement was live.

edit: additional support from another person on Wowhead comments http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2...ents:id=750765
    Last edited by Penguirrel; 2012-02-08 at 07:16 PM.

I'm not going to argue with you. I know what I did, just as you know what you did. There are so many conflicting posts about this, who knows if/when it was hot-fixed, or whether it was different in different regions in error (just as other things have been). There are also screenshots of conversations with GM confirming both sides of the argument.

I did my goblin rep first as i had them at honored so i grinded pirates till exalted. Then i went to the cove and sat there for about 10 hours then went to BB to finish up to honored and bam got insane im not sure why it hasnt worked for you unless your missing a rep also if your not sure that you had all 4 at exalted just go to lost rigger cove and grind pirates there

Deleted
    Some people tend that they didn't get the criteria by ruining the Bloodsail rep by handing in cloths for Steamwhedle cartel rep and had to do it all over again meanwhile others claims that they did get The insane where the rep with Bloodsail was ruined but imo Blizz has stated that it's a bug and didn't work as intended back then. Now it should've been fixed and why you can't get to honored seems a bit odd to me i gotta say. Remember that I did this "push over" with the BLoodsail quest and it worked like a charm for me. Anyway gl

u really need to figure out whats going on with the Bucaneers before you move on with your Cartel farming...because if u need to farm bloodsail again this means you will lower you cartel rep which is a pain in the @ss...

Edit: for me i just needed to kill goblins to raise my bloosail rep then i did the clothing quest and got the Feat of Strength achiev and the Insane achiev tracker made it green. so there must be a problem goin on