Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    How to eat more vegetables:

Step one: Get rid of your ordinary carbs: Rice, bread, potatoes, pasta.
    Step two: Eat much, much more meat.
    Step three: Eat lots of vegetables.

Result: Your diet now consists of protein and vitamins, with all the minerals and oils your body needs.

Edit: But that's a bit boring, so yeah... Just buy vegetables, cook/steam them, and eat them. Spices work miracles if it's just too bland. Don't overcook, keep a bite, but don't undercook.

Realistically if you need more veggies... buy them and eat them. They taste good.

If you don't like them and need to 'cheat' the taste test, you can always put some spinach in a fruit smoothie. It won't change the taste but add a huge vitamin supplement.

I have a Juiceman juicer which is probably the best way to consume your vegies. Carrot/apple juice is sweet and delicious and most fruits, vegies and greens can be juiced.
    Faith is believing what you know ain't so. Mark Twain 1887

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Realistically if you need more veggies... buy them and eat them. They taste good.

If you don't like them and need to 'cheat' the taste test, you can always put some spinach in a fruit smoothie. It won't change the taste but add a huge vitamin supplement.
    Yep. The easiest way to get veggies into your diet is to mix them with stuff you already like.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Every night after you get home make yourself a smoothie. I generally include bananas, oranges, greek style yogurt, blueberries, and strawberries. Blend it together. Then add a shot or two of whipped cream vodka, and blend it some more.

Enjoy!

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved over to Sports & Fitness; the fitness people are good at nutrition.

I'm a vegetarian, but I am as guilty as anyone of getting into the easy food rut {pizza, pasta, etc}. But I also have the mantra "needs more veggies!".

I buy a pizza? Throw on some pineapple, peppers, tomato, broccoli, spinach...
    I make a burger? Add lettuce, tomato, avocado, cucumber, sprouts, baby spinach... add some sweet potato fries and I'm in heaven.
    Pasta? I know I've got a bag of something frozen to throw in, even if it's just macaroni and cheese. Broccoli, cauliflower, peas, corn, chick peas, kidney beans, green beans, spinach...
    Rice? Last night I made baked brown rice with onion, peppers and celery and served it with a stir-fry of fake chicken, broccoli, corn, peas and pineapple. I also like to make black beans and rice with fake chicken, jambalaya with fake hamburger, "exploded golumpki", which is rice and meat {fake for me}, but instead of rolling it in cabbage leaves, I chop them up and mix it into the rice because it's easier. Of course, throwing in more of whatever other vegetables I have.

I make a lot of different soups. Can never have too many vegetables in soups. Plain old vegetable soup, matzo ball soup with whatever I've got sitting around, corn chowder, lentil soup with spinach and chick peas, pea soup with tomato and navy beans.

Chili is another place to overload with vegetables.

One of my favorite snacks is to wrap a few asparagus spears in a little bit of cheese and a slice or two of {fake} turkey and throw it on the George Foreman grill for a minute. Just long enough for the cheese to melt. The asparagus steams perfectly and it's so yummy.

And to the person knocking beans, they are full of fiber, potassium, protein and iron. "Carb" doesn't instantly mean "garbage". Refined carbs are what you should try to avoid.

What I want to know is why I should care? I mean, not to say that what you’ve got to say isn’t important, but I mean, it’s so generic. Everyone is just talking about this man. Give us something more, something that we can get behind so we can feel as passionately about it as you do.