Thread: Zelda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    My deepest apologies...

Well, I used to have http://www.wowhead.com/item=11902. Does it count?
    I remember seeing a reskin of a sword and shield into the Master Sword and the Hylian Shield, made me wish I was a tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Water Temple in Ocarina of Time can suck my balls.

But I love Legend of Zelda

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirakh View Post

But I love Legend of Zelda
    When I was 10 that place wrecked me.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Deleted
    Zelda ocarina of time is definitly worth playing if you haven't done it earlier. In my opinion it was one of the best games i've ever played, however it was one of the first games i ever played, so my mind was blown while playing it =)

The thing with Zelda might be that, alot of people are affected by nostalgia while thinking about it. In other words, it might not have been "That" great but it's definitly playable if you never played it before.

It is indeed awesome, I've only played the n64 versions but I enjoy it a lot still play them now, OoT when it came out, the graphics was considered the best, by far out done the ps1, also the game was friken huge, hours up hours of game play,
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Zelda and mario are the reasons I buy nintendo...without them i wouldn't. Zelda is one of my fav. series, since it's gone into the 3D worlds.

Similar games: Beyond good and evil, Darksiders, and 3D Dot Game Heroes those are ps3 accessible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Link to the Past, Minish Cap, and Ocarina of Time are the three best titles in the series (in my opinion). They all share similar story progression and character advancement. It's a bit difficult to understand why people could like the3D zelda games and not the 2D ones, given that the puzzles are just as challenging and the satisfaction of that new item/heart container just as pleasing, but maybe I'm just old.

It is really hard to define exactly what genre that the Legend of Zelda games are. Many people say RPG, because you play the role of Link, who is on a quest to save Princess Zelda, and it has some RPG elements.

But you don't have "stats" or anything like that, and instead of standing still and seeing numbers, you need to use your head and hit enemies in their weak spots and bash it enough times, rather than traditional RPGs where you need to accumulate enough damage to beat things.

But not only is it a good RPG/Adventure game, it's also got tons of puzzles that'll keep your mind on edge (well, sometimes).

I'd also say that it's one of those series you CAN'T explain why it's good. It just is. That's why I recommend trying it, to see if you like it or not.

Just because something is popular, doesn't mean *everyone* likes it, so yeah, give it a try before you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    It is really hard to define exactly what genre that the Legend of Zelda games are.
    I always thought it was pretty clear cut. With the exception of the second one, Zelda has been the classic definition of an adventure game. I suppose the term "RPG" has changed over the years, too.

It's a great series though if you're interested in a game with a decent mix of puzzle solving and combat, with a very light level of story.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Omg if you haven't played Zelda you're missing out, TOTALLY worth it. If you love RPGs Zelda is perfect for you
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    I always thought it was pretty clear cut. With the exception of the second one, Zelda has been the classic definition of an adventure game. I suppose the term "RPG" has changed over the years, too.

It's a great series though if you're interested in a game with a decent mix of puzzle solving and combat, with a very light level of story.
    It's a non-linear action adventure game imo.

I still play 'a link to the past' on snes, it's just one of the best games I've played.

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    It's a non-linear action adventure game imo.
    Eh, they're fairly linear. You can explore the overworld and do some side quests and stuff. You still have to do all (or most) of the dungeons in a certain order, get all your items in order, etc. The newest one, Skyward Sword, doesn't even have an overworld (other than Skyloft), but it still the longest and, IMO, best of the series.

Assuming you have a Wii and DS or 3DS, you can get every game in the series fairly easily (except for the Oracle games, you'll need a Gameboy to play them legally). Zelda II was bad IMO, so I'd probably skip it.

To play Skyward Sword, which I highly recommend, you'll need to get a Wii Motion Plus if you don't own one.

I still play A Link to the Past sometimes, and Link's Awakening for Gameboy was brilliant as well. Those are the only two oldschool Zelda games I care about, the others are...just too old for me. A lot of people like the original for the nostalgia, I can't imagine anyone spoiled by technology just "getting into" it all of a sudden. Not to say they aren't great, but spoiled we have become.

I was gonna 3-heart-run ALttP, but my cartridge no longer works reliably... So disappointing.

I'd say the perfect crystallization of Zelda was in that game, and if anyone wants to start it, they should start there. The first 2 3D games have aged a little weird, but are solid. Every single handheld one is worth checking out, and the most recent ones have made the most concessions to changing tides in games, especially Skyward Sword. That'd be an ok place to start too.

I bought a gamecube and Wii just so I could play Zelda on day one. Yes, I am that sad hehe. Best series ever though.

Also, zelda is obviously an adventure game with some RPG elements at most. Same as saying MGS is an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirakh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    When I was 10 that place wrecked me.
    It still does. Been too long since i played so i probably forgot how to xD
    Loved Dark Link

Can you imagine fighting Dark Link with Skyward Sword controls?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I was gonna 3-heart-run ALttP, but my cartridge no longer works reliably... So disappointing.
    Unless there are glitches that I don't know about*, you can't do a 3-heart run anyway. In LttP, you have to grab the Heart Container after each boss to finish the dungeon; there's no blue portal like in the newer Zelda games. I believe the minimum you can have by the end of the game is 13 for that reason.

I've done a 3-heart run in OoT though; that was fun. I almost finished one in Majora's Mask, but I never could beat the final boss. And it's no fun each time that I want to retry, due to Majora Mask's saving system.. There are no faeries (or sources of Milk) in the last area, so I need to reset, restart from day 1, go fetch a fairy, fast-forward 2.5 days, wait, etc..

It was a minimum item file as far as I know too; I didn't use guides or anything, but I'm pretty sure I had only the bare minimum... Twinmold without the Giant's Mask took me so long to beat...

*Well, I've seen some glitch-abusing TAS where the guy walks through a few walls, goes under the world or something, and walks straight into the Triforce room, effectively finishing LttP in like 2 minutes, but that so doesn't count.
    Last edited by Shaiandra; 2012-02-07 at 02:22 PM.

honestly, the games from the series you must play, in the order you should play them in: link to the past, ocarina of time, majora's mask.
    they all have really good pacing and gameplay, the visuals are vibrant and beautiful, and the puzzles are challenging but solvable. the art styles in all three are well suited for both their story and their mechanical limitations. if you're a play station RPG type person, specifically a JRPG type person, the action RPG elements might be off putting, but i think you'll enjoy actually striving for a series of set goals a lot more than running around the overworld grinding for exp

good games, fun times.