Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    It sounds like you're quite responsible with your money, and that you don't really need anything fancy.

But if I were you I would NOT donate 50k, but save it for your kids education / later in life, you never know if something comes up and you need the money.

While donating 50k might make you feel good for a month it's not worth the trouble if you'd need the money later in life.

I'd spend it all on education/courses whatever. Mine, my womans' and any possible future children.

No matter where you are in life there's more to know about, and knowledge is awesome!

I would buy 100,000,000 WoW gold and rule Doomhammer with an iron fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyth View Post
    I'd spend it all on education/courses whatever. Mine, my womans' and any possible future children.

No matter where you are in life there's more to know about, and knowledge is awesome!
    Or you could just get a library card / use Google to teach yourself and have fun with the money.

Invest in the stock market for the long haul.

i would use 50k to pay off my student loans. then i would take the other 50k and put it in a life fund for my developmentally disabled brother's adulthood costs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Daycare? If you're doing well why abuse your child by letting strangers raise them? Set aside the 100k to supplement income and keep an actual parent at home to raise him/her

That's enough to pay off at least one of my school loans so I'd do that and throw the rest in the bank.

Buy a sweet car, but not too expensive. Something like a Nissan 350z or a nicer Chrysler 300. Probably buy a laptop, buy something nice for my girlfriend and pay off her debt. I wouldnt really need to save it because i already have money saved.

This is assuming i just get 100k for free, if it were inheritance or something i worked for, it would be spent alot more carefully.
    Last edited by skatblast; 2012-02-08 at 02:40 AM.

if your going to donate 50k, you dont give it to a big name place.. cuz they will spend 80% of it on advertising and telling people how important they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same what I do with my current savings: Put it onto my high interest bank account and be happy that I don't have to worry about money. 100k is not that much btw if you think further than 10 years. Make sure you always have too much and waste nothing.
    Last edited by Honzi; 2012-02-08 at 02:48 AM.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

100k is 100,000 correct?

It's not that much... but i'd invest it to make even more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    heh, i was just writing up a response to that guy too, but you covered it.

i too have a 6 figure income but i have zero debt. i don't understand how people with this kind of income STILL cannot live within their means.

my theory is, if i lose my job (impossible, btw), i can just sell off half my equipment/holdings/investments and retire anyway and i'm under 40.
    Depends on what you mean by 6 figures (105k or 250k??) and where you live. My wife and I together make around 120~125k a year and the only way we could live debt free in central NJ is if we just rented an apartment (basically throwing away money every month). We saved for 3-4 years after getting married to build up a 20+% down payment (plus 20k extra to do stuff to the house, closing costs, etc...) on just an average house (little over 300k) in the area where we both were from and wanted to stay (Princeton, NJ).