Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Why don't other races eat Tauren?

    I mean cmon guys, regardless of what intelligence they have they are cows so...

    http://www.wowpedia.org/images/4/41/...oof_Tauren.jpg equals http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/s/steak-6669.jpg

    So I'm honestly surprised some Orcs or Humans haven't come up with the thought ''Hey, they're cows right? Why don't we just take a little bite and see what they taste like?''

    Let's discuss.

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    4,137
    Pretty good damn question tbh. I sure wouldn't mind some Holy Cow burgers.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  3. #3
    The Patient Wolftusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    compton
    Posts
    308
    Dude, humans are edible too IRL but you don't see us eating them? Who would eat an intelligent creature? Honor plays a big role in WoW.

  4. #4
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    81
    It's just Blizzard's way of keeping the game a bit more family friendly.

    It falls under the same reason why you can't skin humanoids (except dragonkin usually), it's just an aspect that seems distasteful. Both ideas make sense in game terms, but the idea of eating one of the main races or selling stacks of Orc hide just doesn't sit well with some people.

  5. #5
    Sentience? A little too much sentience to mask with A-1 sauce?

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The stars
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolftusk View Post
    Dude, humans are edible too IRL but you don't see us eating them? Who would eat an intelligent creature? Honor plays a big role in WoW.
    Also, humans (And by that extention I'll add in Orcs, Tauren, Night-Elves.. etc) are full of diseases and other crap... happy eating...

    Participant in the Rhonin Diaries 1, 2, 3 and 4.
    Not the best Rogue in the world, just a Tribute.

  7. #7
    I'm pretty sure non Darkspear trolls (that are cannibals as well) did try it..
    But well - you don't really eat something that speaks to you, is part of "your people", and Thrall pretty much banned any form of cannibalism-like behavior..
    It would be the same for the Horde if you ate Tauren as it's to normal people when you eat another person.. just sick and wrong >.<'

    Also - taurens do know how to defend themselves, and protect from being eatem.. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

  8. #8
    Eh... well, as tauren are more evolved than most of the other animals (lack of better word to describe their origin) the denizens of azeroth eat, i think it would considered be some kind of odd cannibalism, just like orcs wouldn't eat trolls or goblins wouldn't eat orcs.

    ... Maybe they're no succulent beef :P?
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The stars
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaemus View Post
    It's just Blizzard's way of keeping the game a bit more family friendly.

    It falls under the same reason why you can't skin humanoids (except dragonkin usually), it's just an aspect that seems distasteful. Both ideas make sense in game terms, but the idea of eating one of the main races or selling stacks of Orc hide just doesn't sit well with some people.
    Then again, the clothier in Orgrimmar has a Centaur-skin rug... :P

    Participant in the Rhonin Diaries 1, 2, 3 and 4.
    Not the best Rogue in the world, just a Tribute.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    Then again, the clothier in Orgrimmar has a Centaur-skin rug... :P
    Because Tigerskin rug is too mainstream...

    Centaurs are the enemy!

    I wouldn't be surprised to see a human rug in some shop in UC ^.^
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

  11. #11
    However, Undead can eat Tauren if they're opposing them in a arena. So why not let everyone else?

  12. #12
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lost in the Ether
    Posts
    828
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Why don't other races eat Tauren?
    Good question, considering that everyone eats Gnomes.

    However, the answer is that the Tauren Rogues keep the cows safe.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Pud'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Posts
    2,998
    Centaurs regularly cannibalize their Tauren victims. So we have that.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post

    ... Maybe they're no succulent beef :P?
    Pretty much this. Who would chew on an old boot-like steak? No amount of beating would make it soft and tender. Plus its much easier to eat a real cow or pig or even hunt some wild meat that won't resurrect itself and stick its totem right up in your...ekhm.

  15. #15
    I'd rather eat out a female blood elf

  16. #16
    We're aligned with the Tauren?
    FANTASTIC! We'll be having steak, twice a week!
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    There's always, ALWAYS a "huge uproar" about anything Blizz does, usually from people who either don't entirely understand the thing they're complaining about, or refuse to acknowledge that most players are perfectly okay with the current state of affairs. Whenever people complain that they don't listen to feedback it mostly means "they don't listen to ME ME ME".
    My new signature. Thanks.

  17. #17
    Brewmaster jahasafrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,314
    The thing about the Tauren is that they're a warrior race and are quite tough from years of physical conditioning. So really, if you want to eat Tauren, you have to get them while they're calves, or veal as I like to think of them.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    549
    Forsaken racial Cannibalize can be used on a dead Tauren. munch munch munch...

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire Zarintha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Centaurs regularly cannibalize their Tauren victims. So we have that.
    It's not cannibalism if it's a different species. Anyway, it's probably because they're a sentient species, although i bet a few people would find them rather tasty. Centaurs do eat Tauren though, and use their skins as clothing, but Tauren do the same to the Centaurs so they have it coming

  20. #20
    Mechagnome Twisted Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Yorkshire - God's Own Country!
    Posts
    527
    They probably taste like crap!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •