Thread: vote kick in bg

Deleted

vote kick in bg

Hi all, today after the usual bg with bots and afkers i was asking myself why in raid finder and random heroics we can vote kick people while in battleground we can't, so i decided to open this thread to know what others think about vote kick in battlegrounds. Will it improve the game? Will it help remove bots/afkers?

posted the same on oficial eu forum but i wanted to know also the opinion of this larger community

Because BGs are far too fast and then you just join another.

I would really want to kick some ass if people annoyed me with 3-4 votekicks per bg.

I would love this, but assholes would abuse it somehow. But blizzard DEFINITELY need to step up and make it much easier and better to remove bots, afkers and griefers from BG's. I've pretty much gone off of pvp because, there are so many of all three, and then the only other actual player is someone whos just hit 85 and in green PvE gear. ITS AWFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by lethdhar View Post
    Hi all, today after the usual bg with bots and afkers i was asking myself why in raid finder and random heroics we can vote kick people while in battleground we can't, so i decided to open this thread to know what others think about vote kick in battlegrounds. Will it improve the game? Will it help remove bots/afkers?

posted the same on oficial eu forum but i wanted to know also the opinion of this larger community
    And you expect 14 people (incluiding bots and afkers) to vote yes on a vote kick?.There's a report option to mark bots and afkers, problem is not many people waste theur time reporting anymore.
    Last edited by grothezk; 2012-02-07 at 12:32 PM.
    proud participant of the most epic thread ever: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-made/page36

They kinda have one, its called report AFK. Little slower but it does remove bots if enough people do it.
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt this would be a good idea. As hard as i've seen people rage over myself just playing a certain class, i bet there'd be people kicking me for just that. Also, some people really flip out if you spend more than 10 seconds not within a flag, so those would also kick you for no reason.

If it required a 100% agreement between all members, then maybe. Except the person being kicked anyway.

O

---------- Post added 2012-02-07 at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I would love this, but assholes would abuse it somehow. But blizzard DEFINITELY need to step up and make it much easier and better to remove bots, afkers and griefers from BG's. I've pretty much gone off of pvp because, there are so many of all three, and then the only other actual player is someone whos just hit 85 and in green PvE gear. ITS AWFUL!
    How should they make it easy to kick inactive people, and still prevent dicks from kicking because they for example can't comprehend what a better player is doing and why?

Faction abuse: Horde makes premade with group of disguised Horde logging on Alliance alts and joining BG. Then one Horde vote for kick, rest follows and you are out. 2-3 moves like that and its one side match.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    Faction abuse: Horde makes premade with group of disguised Horde logging on Alliance alts and joining BG. Then one Horde vote for kick, rest follows and you are out. 2-3 moves like that and its one side match.
    Well if a bunch of hordes are on the alliance team in the first place, like they could do now, winning shouldn't be a problem unless the hordes are incredibly bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    wtf, is your mind always so twisted o.O

Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    Well if a bunch of hordes are on the alliance team in the first place, like they could do now, winning shouldn't be a problem unless the hordes are incredibly bad.
    If you could make it 10v15 by having 5 controlled players on the other side, the side with 15 would win by default...Vote to kick in BG's wouldn't change the outcome anyway.

I think it's a good idea. Just put a restriction of 5 minutes on one person to initiate a vote to kick.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    If you could make it 10v15 by having 5 controlled players on the other side, the side with 15 would win by default...Vote to kick in BG's wouldn't change the outcome anyway.

I think it's a good idea. Just put a restriction of 5 minutes on one person to initiate a vote to kick.
    You quoted what i wrote and wrote the exact same thing in response? :P

Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    You quoted what i wrote and wrote the exact same thing in response? :P
    Whoooops. That's what I get for skimming threads while eating leftover pizza.

The simplest possible abuse is to make an addon that scans the Resiliance of every member in the BG at the start and then provides a list of people that should be kicked.

On the other hand we'll get players kicking others for going for the flag or attacking ST. Never-mind, the fact that both activities can be useful if done in the right way, the loud-mouth at the start of the fight insists that nobody do anything but defend 3 bases. (I can't tell you how much it annoys me being stuck in a 2-2 base situation in EotS, but with the other faction spam capping the flag because no one is attempting to control it)

However, it would be very useful for removing those players who say "just lose quickly" at the middle of the battle. You can fight back from being behind, but not if your players stop trying.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    The simplest possible abuse is to make an addon that scans the Resiliance of every member in the BG at the start and then provides a list of people that should be kicked.
    Oh really? and how the people can gear up? how will they get HP to buy gear if the brilliant addon will kick them out because they dont have pvp gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkfected View Post
    Oh really? and how the people can gear up? how will they get HP to buy gear if the brilliant addon will kick them out because they dont have pvp gear?
    if they don't put the effort in to buy boe gear which isn't difficult to grind mat's for or buy, it gives you a nice amount of resi and when you finally enter bg's you'll not be as much as a burden on your team and a free kill for horde, also OT we need 3/10 healer's in 10 man bg's 4/15 in 15 man bg's etc this will help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkfected View Post
    You're missing the key word in my sentence, abuse. People will abuse others, so that their team is only consisting of well geared players.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

No thanks, there would be a ton of assholes abusing this mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    if they don't put the effort in to buy boe gear which isn't difficult to grind mat's for or buy, it gives you a nice amount of resi and when you finally enter bg's you'll not be as much as a burden on your team and a free kill for horde, also OT we need 3/10 healer's in 10 man bg's 4/15 in 15 man bg's etc this will help a lot.
    SO you spend 10k or GTFO? Or farm mats which is only possible if you have a char with mining/skinning, buying boe blues really isn't a solution here tbh. Atleast on my server where every piece goed for over 1k...

Because arse holes would do what they do now, randomly report people afk except theyd randomly intiate a vote kick,

then youd get people who would dis agree on what to do and theyd get people to gang up and vote kick them for their opinion

Although, I would welcome it when the bastard take the ice blood grave yard,
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate