Deleted

Sim Craft Question

Ok for any of you clever simcraft fans this is what I have as default as my priorities:

use_pre_potion=1
    professions=jewelcrafting=522/enchanting=525
    talents=http://www.wowhead.com/talent#shaman-3032023212231101320201000000000000000020302000000000000000
    glyphs=fire_elemental_totem/flame_shock/unleashed_lightning/elemental_mastery/chain_lightning/healing_stream_totem/water_walking/the_arctic_wolf/renewed_life
    actions=flask,type=draconic_mind
    actions+=/food,type=seafood_magnifique_feast
    actions+=/flametongue_weapon,weapon=main
    actions+=/lightning_shield
    actions+=/mana_spring_totem
    actions+=/wrath_of_air_totem
    actions+=/snapshot_stats
    actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=!in_combat|buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=40
    actions+=/wind_shear
    actions+=/bloodlust,health_percentage<=25
    actions+=/bloodlust,if=target.time_to_die<=60
    actions+=/use_item,name=bottled_wishes,if=(cooldown.fire_elemental_totem.remains=0&temporary_bonus.s pell_power>=1200)|set_bonus.tier12_2pc_caster=0
    actions+=/elemental_mastery
    actions+=/flame_shock,if=!ticking|ticks_remain<2|((buff.bloodlust.react|buff.elemental_mastery.up)&t icks_remain<3)
    actions+=/lava_burst,if=dot.flame_shock.remains>cast_time
    actions+=/earth_shock,if=buff.lightning_shield.react=9
    actions+=/earth_shock,if=buff.lightning_shield.react>6&dot.flame_shock.remains>cooldown&dot.flame_sh ock.remains<cooldown+action.flame_shock.tick_time
    actions+=/fire_elemental_totem,if=!ticking&buff.volcanic_potion.up&temporary_bonus.spell_power>=4690
    actions+=/fire_elemental_totem,if=!ticking&!buff.volcanic_potion.up&temporary_bonus.spell_power>=349 0
    actions+=/earth_elemental_totem,if=!ticking
    actions+=/searing_totem
    actions+=/spiritwalkers_grace,moving=1,if=cooldown.lava_burst.remains=0&set_bonus.tier12_4pc_caster= 0
    actions+=/chain_lightning,if=target.adds>2
    actions+=/lightning_bolt
    actions+=/thunderstorm

I don't really get how this works. Is it just use this a priority list and doing whatever is highest priority available after any cast?

If so imagine we have 14 secs left on flame shock and lava burst isn't up. It looks like it uses Fulmination on 7 stacks instead of waiting for 9 stacks which would be more optimum.

Also I'm not understanding how it's using bottled whispers. EM and bottled whispers tend to come off CD within 10 secs of each other so I tend to use them together for EM+2kmastery+2.2kSP burst. From what I can tell it doesn't seem to do this.

Also where is it getting those SP bonuses from? The bonues that apply to me are 500 from weap enchant, 1k from will, 2200 from Bottle and 1250 from Pot. Is there a way to model the way I use it which is basically as soon as Power torrent procs I use EM/Bottle until there's 2 secs of power torrwent left then cast elem (or if pt is slow in proccing and I'm already at 10 stacks of Will I use it sooner).

I know it's probably all small stuff but I'd like to know how to sim different choices so I can work out if what I'm feeling works actually works.

Alright. You can basically ignore the first half. It's all about buffs and pre-potting and stuff like that.

Here's a rough priority breakdown according to simcraft:
    • Use Elemental Mastery
    • Use Flame Shock if it isn't ticking, has less than 2 seconds, or if you just got BL/EM buff and have ~3 seconds left
    • Use Lava Burst if FS will still be on the target when you finish casting
    • Use Earth Shock if LS has 9 stacks
    • Use Earth Shock if LS has 6 or more stacks and the Shock cooldown doesn't cause FS to fall off
    • Use Fire Elemental if it isn't active and you have a Pot/SP/Int buffs
    • Use Earth Elemental Totem if it isn't active
    • Use Searing Totem
    • Use Spirit Walkers Grace if you're moving and you don't have 4 piece T12 to use LvB (I'm also assuming this profile didn't use GoUL)
    • Use Chain Lightning if you have 2 or more targets
    • Use Lightning Bolt
    • Use Thunderstorm

10+ Year Old Account
    Those specific spellpower numbers are also based on specific gearing and profession assumptions. It doesn't really matter, since both are at the same priority right now, but it's set apart so that you've got a "all Int procs active, cast Fire Elemental Totem" priority, and a "you've got enough Int procs, cast FET" priority, just in case there was something that would fit between them.

The priority there is saying to keep Bottled Wishes until you've got at least 1200 bonus spellpower AND a free Fire Elemental Totem cooldown, and then use it on CD after, basically, because stacking Int procs with FET is good.

Deleted
    Ok thanks I reread the fulmination bit. Seems it's checking that shock CD won't cause FS to fall off and then using it at 7 stacks if so. Ideal behaviour would be this logic:

If (FS cd > 6 secs and FS cd < 9 secs) AND Stacks >= 7 THEN ES
    ELSE IF FS cd > 9 secs AND Stacks = 9 THEN ES

Currently it's doing it differently, im pretty sure of that.

It's this bit I'm also not sure on:

actions+=/use_item,name=bottled_wishes,if=(cooldown.fire_elemental_totem.remains=0&temporary_bonus.s pell_power>=1200)|set_bonus.tier12_2pc_caster=0

It seems to be saying use bottled wishes if fire elem is available or on CD when you don't have 2 piece t12?

The way I would like it to work is use if elemental mastery cooldown is ready so it would use it whenever Elem Mastery is ready. I would also like elem mastery to have the same condition. Maybe this is why Bottled Whispers performs badly in sims.

The fulmination issue would also push our simmed DPS slightly higher.

EDIT: Thanks Endus but that's the only mention of it in the list so does that mean if it's not mentioned elsewhere it uses it on CD otherwise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gashpanda View Post
    EDIT: Thanks Endus but that's the only mention of it in the list so does that mean if it's not mentioned elsewhere it uses it on CD otherwise?
    | is an "or" modifier. If you don't have the Tier 12 2-piece, it's popping it on CD. If you do, it's waiting for FET to be back up.

If you want to write your own priority stuff, I recommend reading through the simulationcraft wiki and getting used to the code, and then just jumping in and trying stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    | is an "or" modifier. If you don't have the Tier 12 2-piece, it's popping it on CD. If you do, it's waiting for FET to be back up.

If you want to write your own priority stuff, I recommend reading through the simulationcraft wiki and getting used to the code, and then just jumping in and trying stuff.
    Ok cheers. Will have a go. If anyone knows tho am I correct in my assumptions about fulmination? If so i'll try and work out the right way of doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't be waiting for 9 stacks on Fulmination, because we've run it and it does better DPS at 7. At 6 or less, it does less DPCT than LB does, so it shouldn't be used, and waiting for 9 means more conflict with FS casts and less Fulminations overall.

There's some debate about whether we should bump that to 8-9 stacks, but that's likely pretty dependent on exact gear levels and such. Waiting for 9 is definitely subtopimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Waiting for 9 is definitely subtopimal.
    Especially when RNG can screw you, leading to wasted charges -- thus less dps.

Deleted
    Is it possible to get sample output from a fight out of it like a log of how it's actually using things? read the wiki and made some changes but judging by uptimes I don't think it worked as intended. I want to see an actual timeline of a sample fight from it if possible

If you go way at the bottom, under Action Priority List, it should give you an initial (first minute or so -- something like that) breakdown of how a timeline would look.

You just kinda... have to decode it a little.