Can't open certain websites

As of recently, I'm having really annoying problems with my PC. There are some websites that it just refuses to open, no matter what browser I use. Using a proxy changing service does open them, but it's very inconvenient to have to use it all the time. I've read up on a few solutions on google, but none of the ones I've found seem to work. Is there anything someone here can suggest?

Proxy is probably your best bet. You said yourself that it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    As of recently, I'm having really annoying problems with my PC. There are some websites that it just refuses to open, no matter what browser I use. Using a proxy changing service does open them, but it's very inconvenient to have to use it all the time. I've read up on a few solutions on google, but none of the ones I've found seem to work. Is there anything someone here can suggest?
    i had this problem a while ago, i turned off my router for 5mins, turned it back on and it worked. i had exact same problem, could only view certain sites while using a proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    Proxy is probably your best bet. You said yourself that it works.
    See, the thing is, I don't really know what to do about that. I'd prefer a solution rather than a diagnosis :|

Can you be more specific on the sites you cant access ? Some sites are blocked by ISP´s (but able to be accessed through proxies ofc)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can you access the website via it's IP rather than domain name? Have you tried various public DNS like Google's or OpenDNS?

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Have you tried various public DNS like Google's or OpenDNS?
    I have no idea what that means tbh :X

Try reseting DNS cache, in windows enter administrator level command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns" without "s, then reboot.

It's also possible you have a browser hijack that prevents you from opening certain sites, or your ISP is blocking piracy sites.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Flushed the DNS and it didn't work. I also tried a different browser, and that didn't work. Also reinstalled Chrome and it still doesn't work.

What certain sites?

Deleted
    Flushed the DNS and it didn't work. I also tried a different browser, and that didn't work. Also reinstalled Chrome and it still doesn't work.
    Could it be a parent control on the PC? Either that or it's been blocked in your host file?

Deleted
    I recently had a similar thread which I fixed a similar problem like this, please refer to; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...with-new-build

Would be really odd if you had the same MTU problem though

Deleted
    have you tried just turning off the router completely for 5mins, this worked for me when i had the exact same issue as you.

Since you didnt tell us the sites, I get a feeling that the sites you are trying to access is blocked in your ISP´s DNS, and no matter what you do, other than use a proxy, you wont be able to access them.

Try going to www.hidemyass.com and enter the website there to check it with another proxy without changing your settings

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    What certain sites?
    manaflask.com and playdota.com
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Since you didnt tell us the sites, I get a feeling that the sites you are trying to access is blocked in your ISP´s DNS, and no matter what you do, other than use a proxy, you wont be able to access them.

Try going to www.hidemyass.com and enter the website there to check it with another proxy without changing your settings
    Just didn't think it was relevant. And like I said, using a proxy change does allow me to open the sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    have you tried just turning off the router completely for 5mins, this worked for me when i had the exact same issue as you.
    I did try it and it didn't work. But I'll do it again just in case.

Deleted
    And the last 3 ones?

Okay, that's just weird for those two to be blocked.

Deleted
    Just didn't think it was relevant. And like I said, using a proxy change does allow me to open the sites.

I did try it and it didn't work. But I'll do it again just in case.
    It's either blocked in your hosts file C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc -> open hosts in notepad, or your banned from those sites. OR u have it on more sites and u should definately check the link I gave you. For example try opening www.yahoo.com the last person I helped had problems connecting to that site.

Oh and can u try pinging manaflask.com and playdota.com in Start -> Run -> cmd -> ping manaflask.com and check if that works.

I'll try pinging them and post what I get. Edit: Keep getting 'Request timed out'.
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    And the last 3 ones?
    I don't follow.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2012-02-09 at 09:39 PM.

Deleted
    I'll try pinging them and post what I get.I don't follow.
    I'm guessing he is hinting you're not sharing all the information, like other websites that are more suspect. I could be wrong wrong though.