Deleted

Priest or rogue?

Big dillema here, what should I play?

Priest is season 10 with 11 head and shoulders.

Rogue has pvp weapons but.... crap gear (most qeust items)

Or can I gear them both? Takes long tho.

Rogues are ridiculous right now. Even with sub par gear, you'll hit people surprisingly hard.

On to priests. Disco is on par with Hpallyies atm. With the scale looking like resto shams>.............Hpally=Disco.......................................>Resto druid
    I don't play holy or see them often.
    Shadow seems to be ok. But seems to be lost in the sea of frost mages and affliction locks.
    But again, I don't play as shadow.

I'd say rogue, just because of how stupidly OP they are right now.
    But you should play the class/spec which you find the most enjoyable.
    Last edited by hammock; 2012-02-08 at 03:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    Rogues are ridiculous right now. Even with sub par gear, you'll hit people surprisingly hard.

On to priests. Disco is on par with Hpallyies atm. With the scale looking like resto shams>.............Hpally=Disco.......................................>Resto druid
    I don't play holy or see them often.
    Shadow seems to be ok. But seems to be lost in the sea of frost mages and affliction locks.
    But again, I don't play as shadow.

I'd say rogue, just because of how stupidly OP they are right now.
    But you should play the class/spec which you find the most enjoyable.
    Well ok I will play my rogue then.

Gearing is such a pain in the ass these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well depends what you want to do? Arena? RBG's? Muck about in random BG's for the lulz? Anyhow, unless you want to be healing i'd say Rogue - Hands down. Invaluable in RBG's, Very strong in Arena. Just scan through the threads here crying for nerfs.

Well I've tried healing in BGs. I've noticed that unlike PVE it is pretty much a thankless job unless you have a fully competent group. You can get away from 1-60/75 as a healer. However, at 85 if the other side sees you healing or notices you are a healer, you are the first getting targeted. And it is even worse if no one peels melee from you or helps you out.

I've tried Disc and Shadow. Disc is fun if you prefer to play a supporting role as healer. Most times you will be only shielding and Dispelling. Shadow is alright. It is not that it isn't great, but mages and locks really shine ahead of Shadow. The only thing Shadow has going for them is probably Mass Dispels. This again you are playing a supporting role as DPS. Mind flay is decent as it slows but I personally feel Shadow lacks Survivability. It could probably have been that I wasn't fully geared or my team mates sucked.

I firmly believe healers in a "really good" group can change the tide of battles. Unless you hope to be running premades I wouldn't bother with healing. Rogues are at their probably best place right now, better than they ever have been. Sub mastery is so freaking Op and nothing beats choosing your own battles.

This weekend is the AV weekend. This is a good time to farm honor on your rogue or you could gear both but I would start working on my rogue ASAP. You can literally take down opponents without them ever touching you. No other class or spec can say that.
    Last edited by wynterlyn; 2012-02-08 at 11:41 PM.

Rogue for sure!!! Huge ambush crits inc!