Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I said nothing of the sort. And yes, the government can take children away from couples, through social services for example. You do not have a right to have children. I fail to see why gay couples cannot just accept that? Why not just accept that your lifestyle is going to differ from a heterosexual couple's? It's not about equality, just a simple fact.
    They can only take children away if they believe they're in danger. If social services started taking away kids for gay couples do you think people would find that acceptable? Of course not. As I said, the government can't take away children from couples just because they dislike their sexual orientation. There has to be a REAL reason to take a child away from its parents, and yes that applies to gay couples who have a child through a sperm donor or surrogate.

The role of social services is to protect children from danger, not protect them from reality's that you don't like. Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

Why shouldn't homosexuals be allowed to have children? Just because they're gay doesn't mean they don't have the same feelings straight people do about wanting to raise children. Why is it wrong to restrict heterosexuals from having children yet it's OK to restrict homosexuals?

If nobody has a right to have children then how the hell does that work? Is it OK then for the government just to take your child away from you for no reason? You have no right to have children after all, therefore they can do whatever the fuck they want? That makes no sense whatsoever.

You're just going to steer this argument further and further into the great Semantics ocean and just keep circling the ship around again and again.

Please reply to my question from my last post. If a gay couple have a child through a sperm donor or surrogacy is it then OK for the government to come round and take away that child, despite the child not being in any kind of danger? A yes or no answer would suffice.

Deleted
    The Russians have discovered GLEE's hidden agenda!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Who are you to say that homosexual couples don't have that right?
    Read my first post. I said nobody has the right to have children. Having children is a responsibility. I feel that a child brought up by a gay couple will face issues that could otherwise be avoided. If a gay couple feel that this is acceptable and decide to use a surrogate to have a child then no, the government should not remove that child. However I will not condone the government assisting the process through adoption.

Opening a child up to potential bullying and discrimination is unethical. This will be my last post on the subject.

Deleted
    Not enough questions being raised about Putin's authoritarianism here. I wonder why? Oh that's right, because most people's idea of democracy is choosing a bunch of people to tell them what to do and think so they feel safe and secure, just like Mummy and Daddy told them what to do.

Deleted
    Read my first post. I said nobody has the right to have children. Having children is a responsibility. I feel that a child brought up by a gay couple will face issues that could otherwise be avoided. If a gay couple feel that this is acceptable and decide to use a surrogate to have a child then no, the government should not remove that child. However I will not condone the government assisting the process through adoption.
    You're saying 2 completely different things. You say nobody has a right to have children, but then you say that the government shouldn't remove a child from a gay couple. It seems you just have a weird definition of the word "rights".

Why not just say that you don't want the adoption process to allow gay couples? You could have just said that and we would have all rolled our eyes and ignored your post. If you believe that then fine. It's still bullshit because there is no reason to think that, but at least it's your opinion rather than some silly statement about nobody having rights to have children.
    Opening a child up to potential bullying and discrimination is unethical. This will be my last post on the subject.
    Oh dear.. So by your logic interracial couples having kids is wrong, a fat person having a child is wrong, a disabled person having a child is wrong, a couple who have a DISABLED CHILD are wrong. Any parent who doesn't fit society's definition of normal shouldn't have kids? That's what you're saying right? Because all of those scenarios increase the chance of the child being bullied. Therefore it's unethical for them to have children?

Now what are we going to do with the millions of children we just took away from their parents because they "opened them up to potential bullying"? Any ideas?

You're just coming up with silly ideas now. You don't take away children just because they might get bullied. For christ's sake. Get a god damn grip and get in touch with reality. It's not unethical to bring a child up lovingly. I don't care whether the parents are 2 green martians, it's not unethical as long as the child is taken care of. What you're saying is that 99.999% of parents are unethical because they're not perfect.

Deleted
    Wow, so much hate in this thread... I always wondered why mods lock these threads, now I know, they just become hellholes for people insulting eachother.

On the topic, gay, lesbian people are people, get it? as in, they're like you and me, just that unlike me (not sure about you, reader), a heterosexual person, they like people of same sex more. It's like I like chocolate cookies and you like vanilla ones. It's preference. If gay and lesbians like the same gender, does it affect you? Do you die when you see them? Do you suffer injuries? No? Well then it's their right to do whatever they want in private as long as it doesn't affect you.

I will be honest, I don't like when I see gay people on tv talking about... well, being gay. So you know what I do? I take the remote control and change the program! I don't read books about gay people... so I don't buy them. This is the same as when you see a metal concert on tv and you like pop music and... you change the program, and you see a book about justin beiber and you dislike him and you don't buy it. See how simple it is? You don't like it, you ignore it, but not try to ban it. Trying to ban it means you support an authoritatian system where someone imposes laws on others because they don't like said thing, not because it affects them, but just because they don't like it. It would be like tomorrow I'd forbid anyone wearing pink clothes because I don't like pink!

So, bottom line is, does seeing two guys or two women kiss in public affect you? No? Good. Are they having sex in public? Well then it's a problem, I agree, but as long as they don't I don't see the problem.

Oh, and I saw the topic of adoption discussed. A man and woman couple are the best... yea right, that's why there are so many divorces? That's why so many kids are abandoned? And saying "but they'd grow without a motherly/fatherly figure" is just stupid, what about single parent children? My dad left my mother when I was 7... and I saw him 2-3 times till I was 12 then he disappeared. Guess what? Even in the absence of a fatherly figure (my grandfather died when I was 7 too, no other close male relatives) I like to think I'm still normal... well, nobody is normal, but I'm not mad so to say.

Plus, would you rather have:
    -an abandoned child sitting in a foster home with other children, never getting love from everyone, just food and shelter, always having very little things to toy with, maybe even being ignored by other children
    -an abandoned child taken by a couple of gay/lesbians and being treated like their own, given love as if he/she was their own, given shelter, food, toys, being thaught to accept other people, other cultures (since, well, you know, since being gay/lesbian means you're on the minority and some people hate the minority out of ignorance, so children who are thaught to accept other people's thinking are more open to other people of other skin colour, race. religion etc, simple because those are in a minority where they live and the child can relate to their mom and mom or father and father who are also in minority)

so?

Deleted

I think you have a strange vision of what a "right" is.

Deleted
    I feel that a child brought up by a gay couple will face issues that could otherwise be avoided.
    And people getting fat could be avoided by making a law to make everyone sit 30 min at the gym. And such a law doesn't exist, so we must all be fat! No, that's generelization, some will be subjected to issues, most will not. Just like children laugh at the fat guy in some classes and in some they do not.

The abridging of free speech is appalling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Being gay is a disorder
    I laughed at your ignorance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    I laughed at your ignorance
    You could also dig some valid intel to prove her wrong while doing it

I'm out of time :<

Being alive is a potential opening for bullying.

I love how people think...

Anti abortion: Don't kill a life, let someone adopt the child!
    Anti gay adoptions: Don't let gay people adop children!
    Anti social programs: Let's cut spending on social programs, why do poor disadvantaged children need help!?

Obviously this is a controversial issue. Don't get caught up breaking the rules because someone said something you don't like. Report offending posts and move on. Make your point constructively and respectfully. Thanks.

I think it's a shame that freedom of a speech is continuing to be strained and oppressed in some parts of the world, with that said it is Russia and in this matters they're not known for the their open mindedness.

As for homosexual couples having equal rights as straight people and be able to adopt babies I fully support.

I found it slightly disheartening when the lady on the first page said you need 2 straight parents in order for your child to somehow turn out ok. My parents where shit, my dad was practically an alcoholic who abused drugs who both mentally and physically abused me and my mother on a daily basis, my mum was so depressed trapped in the relationship she herself would drink her pain away which carried on for 16 years until I was able to leave and this left me pretty suicidal and damaged even to this day but I digress.

My point is, just because you have 2 straight parents it doesn't guarantee anything, for my situation I probably would have turned out a much better person if I was raised by a homosexual couple.
    Last edited by nixcookies; 2012-02-08 at 04:37 PM.

Yes I'm suprised dacien gave a warning and didn't close the thread. The issue at hand is the cencorship and removing basic human rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    Yes I'm suprised dacien gave a warning and didn't close the thread. The issue at hand is the cencorship and removing basic human rights.
    And such a topic deserves discussion, not more censorship!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    And such a topic deserves discussion, not more censorship!
    Lies! You didn't close the thread because your in a good mood since your show is coming back on the air this week

:O

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Lies! You didn't close the thread because your in a good mood since your show is coming back on the air this week

:O
    As long as there is 200% more "Daryl shooting zombies and looking cool doing it", I'll be a happy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at but we were talking adoption.

Clearly you're trolling.
    ugh stop throwing "trolling" back and fort you ignorant twat, shit on a stick ! gay people don't bother me , but they constantly try to force people to accept them , what other explanation is the repeal of dont ask to dell for ? people fighting for our freedoms shouldn't have to deal with some openly gay dude in the shower making jokes or wandering eyes.plus ontop of that this is another country , russia in fact , who the fuck cares , the last thing we need is to but our noses into another goddamn country s fucking business , hasent that happened enough already , look where that got us...

User infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-02-08 at 05:09 PM.
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "