Any hunter suggestions for Heroic Blackhorn 25

I find that my number on Blackhorn are extremely low. Do any other hunters have any suggestions for this fight in 25 man that can bring up the hunter numbers and increase the hunter raid contribution for this fight. I tend to be in top 5 for every other fight minus spine but for this one encounter I usually end up slightly above the tanks.

Deleted
    keep your pet on the twilight elites and schedule hunters mark with your mates. the more hunters you have in your raid, the less gcds does each one waste on marking.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What kalo said. Make sure you aren't doing something silly like applying serpent sting to Sappers. Stand on the very edge of Onslaughts because some of them coincide with new Elites dropping down and you don't want to be caught meleeing them. Don't waste Black Arrow on a mob that is about to die even if it's coming off CD soon. Take the time to put Hunter's Mark on anything that you'll be attacking for longer than 30s or so.

--

BM is also a viable option for the fight.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-02-08 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks for suggestions. Running as the only hunter there so I have to be more careful with the mark. I think I might have skipped mark on targets occasionally.

Didn't think of not wasting stings on sappers makes sense.

Have you played with any trap placements etc, or is that a waste of time?

Sorry those are very basic questions but have not put that much time on this fight to figure things out myself yet, and would love to improve my horrible performance from last raid.

-----
    I haven't raided in BM in so long, I definitely feel much better using SV or MM (and can't see how mm would be good for this fight)

Deleted
    we tank the two adds at the backboard harpoon so the melee can cleave the drake spawning there. usually i simply use black arrow but whenever there is no drake available and the melee adds are low on hp i drop an explosive trap there so i dont waste a gcd once i can spend it more useful on other spells.

other beside that i dont use any traps. if you are specced into entrapment (which you usually are not as hunter vs wild is so much better) you could consider dropping snake traps to entangle the sapper. hesitate to drop frost trap as people tend to have difficulties seeing the charge then.

Thank you, will experiment more with this.

Deleted
    If your raid is tanking the 2 adds on top of a harpoon, you may notice that you can multishot TO the drake FROM the mobs, but not to the mobs form the drake.

If you wanna bring numbers up a bit, cobra shot the drakes, then tab, multishot a melee add, then switch back to the drake.

Works for me at least...

This fight sucks for a hunter hands down. But what has helped me during this fight is quick target switching and multi shotting both adds and the drake when you get a chance. I'm on the opposite side drake usually so I don't get to do it often, but its a little boost.

I also like to always make sure I have my BA on targets with a good amount of health so it can get in its full duration for LnL procs. I've pulled 31k and 33k the last two kills.

Hope any of this helped.

Depending on your raid's strategy my advice could be negligible.
    For my H: WMBH, we stack up both of the Elites with one of the Drakes. I use EXP trap and multi shot those until one of the three die. On some circumstances where my fellow ranged are being bad and can't kill the drake that's alone, i switch over to it.

Not much advice to give. We are horrible for that fight.