Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Opinions of locks taking morchok stomp with glyphed soul link

On heroic mode. We are losing our rogue and I am exploring our options.

I think you'd have a rough time with that. What else do you have in your raid group?

On my lock i take Morchok stomp but i have the 10% stamina talent and soul link glyphe.
    I am doing this fight as demo as well if that could help.

When in demon forme you take almost no damage at all but if you get the cristal 3 time non stop you would have to be carefull if you are not in Meta or out of meta and not full life.
    other than that,you are very very easy to heal.

ps: sorry if the english is not great.
    Last edited by Beenieshaman; 2012-02-08 at 04:41 PM.

i do it as a boomkin and i have taken it on my warlock as well, warlock works fine

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play as Destro for BoH on Heroic and am usually the one to help take the stomps with the tank. Having soul link glyphed helps a lot, and we usually don't have any problems at all.

Assuming your talking 10 man heroic here, I take the stomps as a demo lock. Glyphed Soul Link is just the beginning of options that we have to help us. other things you can do is swap to demon armor for not just the buff to armor but also the increase to healing done really helps top you back up in case healers are having difficulties, you also have healthstones to pop, death coil for instant heal, and if your really in a pinch and not topped off before a stomp, drain life can be a life saver. That's not even factoring in that as a demo lock going into meta form makes you more of a valid option then just about anyone that's not a tank with the 600% armor increase. If you have to pull in a range due to lack of melee capable of taking stomps you could do a lot worse.
    Last edited by Hardeen; 2012-02-08 at 04:53 PM. Reason: commas

I take stomps as Destro on the Kohcrom side with glyphed Soul Link and 1/3 Demonic Embrace, we 2-heal it. It's no big deal.

Demon Armor will help alot, especially if you can afford the Demonic Aegis talent.

Deleted
    I do it each week as affliction, no glyphed soul link just fine as long as I get a shield from either our disc or shadow priest.

i'm doing it each week on our ALT run with my lock works fine, even better as demo lock

Just did it 2 hrs ago and it worked well.

u have a lot of HP because of your talent(like almost 170k)

and my physic damage reduction is like 34 percent plus 25 percent from soul link(without switching to demon armor)

so I took like 285,000*0.66*0.75 = 141,075 damage.

Using Fel Armor, I soak both stomps and crystals every week. Certainly taking stomps is very doable, but once you hit 20% have your finger over SB:HS in case you're not topped off. Meta is also amazing mitigation for that, so if you play Demo and you can get a meta sub 20%, it'll help a ton.
    Verily, thou shalt rejoice in the house of the tentacle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Using Fel Armor, I soak both stomps and crystals every week. Certainly taking stomps is very doable, but once you hit 20% have your finger over SB:HS in case you're not topped off. Meta is also amazing mitigation for that, so if you play Demo and you can get a meta sub 20%, it'll help a ton.
    I do the same thing in my raid every week, I also have soul link glyphed for added padding though.

Deleted
    Works fine with warlock ,we do it every week since first week. (Heroic obv)

You should be fine as long as you have a pally mastery bubble or a disc bubble on you beforehand.

I personally run the soul link glyph almost all the time. There is nothing better to go in the slot and the healers appreciate the 5% less damage taken.

Anybody having issues of their pet dying during this fight? (I am not even a soaker)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    Anybody having issues of their pet dying during this fight? (I am not even a soaker)
    If you have problems losing your pet, considering putting 1 point into Fel Synergy you can do it for every spec without losing nearly any dps. (Affliction move one point from Pandemic to Fel Synergy,

Soul Link, Metamorphosis, Demon Armor and Healthstone = Easy stuff