Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Guild Wars 2 recent screen shots Graphics confirmation.

So there was screen shots released last week and a lot of people were upset about the quality of the graphics. Well here is a confirmation that it was indeed on low settings.

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/gw2-...features-data/
    Last edited by Rivehn; 2012-02-08 at 05:17 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Those were low(er) quality?!?! *mind blown*

I guess I didn't really pay attention the first time, but after looking at them again I think that those low(er) quality SS's are amazing.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Does anyone else have trouble with guildwarsinsider it NEVER loads for me

Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    Does anyone else have trouble with guildwarsinsider it NEVER loads for me
    Have you tried different browsers?

So this means even the lowest settings of GW2 will require a decent system or that GW2 is just very flexible and is unique...

I wanna keep my hopes up though.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    So this means even the lowest settings of GW2 will require a decent system or that GW2 is just very flexible and is unique...

the later, GW2 should run on most systems out there while looking good.

Okay i just go ahead and say this again, go to this link http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2 and scroll down to "Game engine" and read and also take a look at this, http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/941/gw2chart.jpg this one is all guesses but should give a little insight how well your computer will handle things

Basically, if you have a computer with dx11 gear your going to be more then fine, and even if you dont have it you going to be fine

Unless your computer was built in 2005 i think you should be okay for low settings. If you are on a budge try getting a 460 gtx its really cheap now. I would recommend getting that. Don't forget that the cpu is just as important or even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post

I've heard the engine is very good, compared to a game like WoW. Most people get these ideas that since they can't run WoW or other older MMOs on max settings with anything over 15 fps, that they won't be able to run anything else either, since many MMO graphics are already terrible. However, it's all in the engine. WoW's (and many other games') engine is very inefficient, therefore crappy graphics are much harder to load. With a good engine like GW2 will hopefully have, you'll be able to run very nice looking graphics with less effort put out by your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Okay i just go ahead and say this again, go to this link http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2 and scroll down to "Game engine" and read and also take a look at this, http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/941/gw2chart.jpg this one is all guesses but should give a little insight how well your computer will handle things

Basically, if you have a computer with dx11 gear your going to be more then fine, and even if you dont have it you going to be fine
    Wow those estimates were worst than I was expecting after the talk of very low end machines (which I don't consider mine to be) and considering I can play Guild Wars 1 with high fps on the highest settings
    Oh well I always take those estimates with a pinch of salt, especially considering I was told my laptop's specs would be unable to even play Skyrim when I can actually play medium - high, so fingers crossed I can play Guild wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by boredisboring13 View Post
    Wow those estimates were worst than I was expecting after the talk of very low end machines (which I don't consider mine to be) and considering I can play Guild Wars 1 with high fps on the highest settings
    Oh well I always take those estimates with a pinch of salt, especially considering I was told my laptop's specs would be unable to even play Skyrim when I can actually play medium - high, so fingers crossed I can play Guild wars 2
    They have said mid-range gaming computers

Good to have actual confirmation on this. I felt the characters looked somewhat superimposed. Still beautiful though.
    Wow but this is going to be amazing on ultra.
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Good to have actual confirmation on this. I felt the characters looked somewhat superimposed. Still beautiful though.
    Yeah people were freaking out over those screen shots on gw2guru, i'm glad they confirmed it was on low. I'v been waiting for this game way to long, I'm going to be playing it on Ultra thats for sure.

When you have fantastic art direction even low quality settings can look great. Heck, GW1 still looks relative good to this day.

A funny thing how art style can trump fidelity.

People freak out and overreact on GW2Guru? You don't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    When you have fantastic art direction even low quality settings can look great. Heck, GW1 still looks relative good to this day.

It's incredible how close the in-game graphics of GW2 match the style of the official concept art. The style of the game truly is beautiful (personal opinion obviously, but I know it's one most of you share)!

And it 'still' looked better then every other MMO!

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    They have said mid-range gaming computers
    Oh my mistake thanks for the correction

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Agreed, this is going to look great on my PC ^^ low settings too, that's pretty impressive that it still looks that good. But even GW1's low settings just has reduced textures, still looks pretty nice.

Edit: What screenshots are this post referring to?
    Last edited by Mkalafut; 2012-02-08 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

GW1s water and sunbeams still easily trump wow imo. And it's got better environmental detail, yet still manages to run better. Very well made for the time.

Everyone's seen how beautiful GW2 is, and so many people overreacted to those shots on guru. Rly sad tbh. I think most of them have hyped themselves to the point where they're going to be somehow disappointed, no matter how amazing it is.
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug