Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    An LFD tool would be neat, a way to get into dungeons without having to go back to the fleet would be better

Or at least a 'random dungeon' button to avoid all those "Where do you want to go?"/"Wherever, where do YOU want to go?" conversations

Deleted
    And here come the posts about BW being failed for not introducing any kind of LFG, god the community is such a fun thing ;D

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    By choice, pre LFD it was almost mandatory to join guilds to experience dungeons / raids resulting in giant guilds where people joined to simply get groups and communication was none existing. Guilds should be for social interaction NOT a means to an end
    Um, what? The point of guilds is work together at the game. It's not a private chat box with green text.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I quit TOR because I couldn't stand the shitty wait to do anything at max level, whereas I could just log into WoW and be in a raid or dungeon in 1 minute. No contest as far as I'm concerned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katt View Post
    Cliques are a normal social order. ALL including yourself have them...so basically you want special treatment ...because you want to play alone at the present time. Maybe an mmorpg is not your type of game,
    Cliques are also anti social when it becomes an exclusive club where you only converse with fellow club members

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Um, what? The point of guilds is work together at the game. It's not a private chat box with green text.
    It should be both

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko93 View Post
    And here come the posts about BW being failed for not introducing any kind of LFG, god the community is such a fun thing ;D
    Yep rather amusing. I'm just glad at least with the people I have ran with so far, it's not the crowd that goes "OMFG111!!!! NOOBZ WIPED WTF NERDRAGEQUIT"

I'm really wanting a LFD or something. It's getting rather disheartening to try and find groups now for quests and dungeons. Especially for the 4 HEROIC quests that you get during the bonus series because it seems like people just want to skip the bonus altogether.

Example's I've seen on a new alt I'm leveling:

Me: LFM, Friends of Old. PST.
    General 1: I see you're looking for an old friend
    General 2: LOL
    General 3: LOL

Or...

Me: LF a tank, Prison labor
    General 1: Gay
    General 2: go drop some soap

While trying to find a group for Hammer Station, I get no responses on the fleet and when I went to the nearby lvl planet (Balmorra), I got trolled out with MC Hammer lyrics. :/

I'm just hoping when I hit 50 there will be groups around with decent people :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I've posted it this in one of the "other" threads before and will post it again here:

The natural progression of game over time means less and less people have a need or desire to do instances/flash points and the pool of players wanting to do them on single server will dry up or diminish. Over time it will require more and more endless spamming of a chat channel to fill your group and when you finally do fill your party better hope to hell no one drops out or you're back at square one and most likely will end up with a group that will disband. Obviously guild groups don't suffer this fate as much but outright PUGs which is a huge chunk of players require this tool to PVE.

A LFG at launch is not as critical but quote me or bookmark this as time goes on TOR will HAVE to put one in or more players will cancel their subs and continue a decline of the available pool of players to pick from. Like it or not it's just a basic fundamental aspect of an MMO. FYI even a server/realm only LFG will not suffice it changes nothing to the pool of players who want to run flashpoints on your server. Your arguments of community going to the crappers will fall on deaf ears when it actually comes to sub retention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cliques are also anti social when it becomes an exclusive club where you only converse with fellow club members

---------- Post added 2012-02-08 at 08:16 PM ----------

It should be both
    Sure that's when you use your .....SOCIAL SKILLS.. and use YOUR clique or create one. I know it's a hell of a lot easier to do in game than real life. Should be pie for young pup as yourself . I'm also pretty confused on some parts....hell some of the heroics you folks are claiming you can't get a group for only truly require 2 people , you can use your companions for a lot. I have.
    Last edited by Katt; 2012-02-08 at 08:25 PM.

Like someone else said, all they need is a server-wide LFG channel. So easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodchargedIllidan View Post
    Yep rather amusing. I'm just glad at least with the people I have ran with so far, it's not the crowd that goes "OMFG111!!!! NOOBZ WIPED WTF NERDRAGEQUIT"
    Obviously it's only 9 weeks old...Lets see if that's the case 2 years in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katt View Post
    Sure that's when you use your .....SOCIAL SKILLS.. and use YOUR clique or create one. I know it's a hell of a lot easier to do in game than real life. Should be pie for young pup as yourself .
    Except a lot don't

It should be both
    And it isn't both... why?

Have a hard time following your logic here. Guilds exist in MMOs to create an organization dedicated to the game. The very nature of other humans playing with you makes them social. Few would stick around for long in a guild where the personalities rubbed them the wrong way.

It seems some of your statements are rooted in your personal experience which might have been negative.

Sour grapes are not really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukazor View Post
    I very rarely post anything as I generally prefer reading stuff, however I seriously need to vent...

So for a third night running I'm sat in the fleet with 221 people trying to get a group for any HM flashpoint and yet again the hours go by without success. I start a group and there are no tanks, you join a group and you need a healer, same old shit different day... And yet the few flashpoints I've managed to get into have been great, I just want to see more!

I love this game but after hitting 50, doing some of the awful grindy dailies and a bit of pvp I'm just sat here bored and getting frustrated.
    sounds like how wow dungeons used to be. took forever to get groups together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except a lot don't
    FULL CIRCLE ....I revert back to my previous statement...maybe an mmorpg is not the type of game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    LFD and now LFR are the most popular features in WoW.

The people who complain about LFD the most are those that have quit the game and want something to blame. But even they realize that LFD is so popular there's not even the remotest possibility of Blizzard removing it.
    It was evident years ago that lfg wouldnt be removed yes its a nice tool to have nobody is saying it isnt. but the fact is the community did go downhill because we dont have to work together like we did years ago. IMO they should can all the lower pop servers beef others up and take away lfg tool not like it ever rewarded a dpser anyway. LFG tool could be there just for the people who are to lazy to find a group but IT SHOULD NOT reward the people that use it. They should reward people that group on their server and physically go to an instance like we use to have to. LFG and now LFR are the main reasons why people stay idle in their main cities.

I quit the game and if I have to find something to blame its not because of a lfg tool... I quit because ive been playing since the end of Vanilla and I do NOT like the direction the game is going/has been going for a while now. Im interested it seeing what happens in MoP beta but the whole theme of the xpac plus the stupid pokemon battles and the PvP imbalance issues that still havent been addressed leaves me to think MoP won't be any better than its predecessors and nothing will ever live up to Classic/TBC standards again.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with a cross server LFG system. If you can't find a Tank on your server now, you won't be able to find one with a same server LFG system. Limiting it to same server because of a Fantasy about how MMO community was 7 years ago is ridiculous.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFG tool would be amazing if it was server only. No matter how you look at it LFD in WoW was a huge success, it made life so much simpler even if the community went to hell. MMOs are suited to making the majority of people happy which has been casual players who do not have a huge amount of time to try and find a group, hardcore and elite players have end game raiding and grinding WZ/Ilum for valor. This is just my opinion on it all though but LFD would help the game, if they want to be a success you need to take the best things other mmos had and use them for yourself (even if you change the name and paint it differently).

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    LFG tool could be there just for the people who are to lazy to find a group but IT SHOULD NOT reward the people that use it. They should reward people that group on their server and physically go to an instance like we use to have to. LFG and now LFR are the main reasons why people stay idle in their main cities.
    Stay idle on dat couch bbby boi.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    It was evident years ago that lfg wouldnt be removed yes its a nice tool to have nobody is saying it isnt. but the fact is the community did go downhill because we dont have to work together like we did years ago. IMO they should can all the lower pop servers beef others up and take away lfg tool not like it ever rewarded a dpser anyway. LFG tool could be there just for the people who are to lazy to find a group but IT SHOULD NOT reward the people that use it. They should reward people that group on their server and physically go to an instance like we use to have to. LFG and now LFR are the main reasons why people stay idle in their main cities.

I quit the game and if I have to find something to blame its not because of a lfg tool... I quit because ive been playing since the end of Vanilla and I do NOT like the direction the game is going/has been going for a while now. Im interested it seeing what happens in MoP beta but the whole theme of the xpac plus the stupid pokemon battles and the PvP imbalance issues that still havent been addressed leaves me to think MoP won't be any better than its predecessors and nothing will ever live up to Classic/TBC standards again.
    No LFD/LFR are the main reason people sit in fleet spamming for hours.

LFD/LFR allow me the opportunity to go farm mats/do dailies/do something anywhere other than Org and still find a group.

I've said it twice in this thread already, as have others. It's pointless to discuss anyway, it's coming, you can;t stop it. It's needed. Don't like it, don't use it. The majority of the arguments for or against it, my own included, are pointless. Whatever you say is a reason for/against it, I ca twist into a reason against/for it. It really doesn't matter. Bottom line is, people who have 50's on low pop servers CANNOT FIND GROUPS. LFD is a simple fix for this with less bad PR than merging servers. I personally, think both are needed, cause even if you merge servers, you still have those off-peak players who cannot find groups.
    Last edited by Lathais; 2012-02-08 at 08:49 PM.