Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion premium accounts

I'm sure there are plenty of vistors who, like me, want to support the site but can't get over the annoying ads. So why not introduce premium accounts for a small monthly fee to remove the ads for that user (and nothing else). That way the site can still make money off them, and they don't have to see the ads.

Considering vbullein already has a setting for paid accounts I don't see this being very hard to implement.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no ads and I don't pay... In your face.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Deleted
    Lol the ads aren't annoying at all

I really don't mind having these ads on mmo-champion. They are kind of easy to see but not easy to click if you don't want to. Is my opinion of course but i think having mmo premium accounts will be bad for the community.

Annoying? You haven't seen the forums that stick ads after each post have you? That is annoying.
    The little banner ad at the top and bottom are hardly noticeable to even warrant the concern or money to get rid of.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

Ads are hardly a problem. Why would he want to pay to mmo-champion? He can always get an adblock if they become annoying, but other sites have always been much worse than here and he still doesn't use one.

Why not add curse premium to MMOC? I have it and there are no benefits for MMOC

Quote Originally Posted by pawsz View Post
    Why not add curse premium to MMOC? I have it and there are no benefits for MMOC
    Mostly because when I promised there wouldn't be any drastic change to the site when we got bought by Curse, I meant it. Activating the Curse Premium feature on the website would mean merging with the entire CurseAuth system and users don't usually like that kind of operation.

However, I do realize that people with a Curse premium account would like to see benefits on MMO Champ and we're discussing it every now and then. Now that things have settled in nicely we might do something, I'll bring it up.

O.o

OP would actually pay just to avoid seeing the banner ad and the ad next to the "recent posts" box? They're hardly intrusive, more like background if anything...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by logobola View Post
    Annoying? You haven't seen the forums that stick ads after each post have you? That is annoying.
    The little banner ad at the top and bottom are hardly noticeable to even warrant the concern or money to get rid of.
    No, because I either use adblock on those sites or don't visit them at all. I use ad block on MMO-C because the ads on the front page bog down loading times (my internet is shitty), and they are extremely intrusive and distracting. And for the record, I used to have mmo-c white listed before it was bought out by curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia
    I have no ads and I don't pay... In your face
    I do use adblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington
    Ads are hardly a problem. Why would he want to pay to mmo-champion? He can always get an adblock if they become annoying, but other sites have always been much worse than here and he still doesn't use one.
    As I said above, I do use adblock. I would want to pay for mmo-champion for the same reason I pay 3 bucks a month for reddit. Because I want to support it without seeing ads.

Quote Originally Posted by tzeeth
    I really don't mind having these ads on mmo-champion. They are kind of easy to see but not easy to click if you don't want to. Is my opinion of course but i think having mmo premium accounts will be bad for the community.
    The only benefit of the type of "premium" account im talking about is no ads. How could that be bad for the community? If you don't mind the ads then you wouldn't buy it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind doing the same, even as a mod. I like to support the sites I frequent

I would totally pay for a curse premium sub if I could insult one annoying troll per month infraction-free
    (giving new meaning also to a curse subscription!)

Seriously though I would consider it if the money was going towards the site

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I would totally pay for a curse premium sub if I could insult one annoying troll per month infraction-free
    (giving new meaning also to a curse subscription!)

Seriously though I would consider it if the money was going towards the site
    I support this.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Mostly because when I promised there wouldn't be any drastic change to the site when we got bought by Curse, I meant it. Activating the Curse Premium feature on the website would mean merging with the entire CurseAuth system and users don't usually like that kind of operation.

However, I do realize that people with a Curse premium account would like to see benefits on MMO Champ and we're discussing it every now and then. Now that things have settled in nicely we might do something, I'll bring it up.
    Damn I love you Boubouille. People, this dude is an example of what it means not to "sell out". Look what happened with WoW and other sites and games. Adding premium features like buyable mounts and minipets etc all have led to a lot of resentment of the company. Boubouille merged with curse, and while many, including myself weren't huge fans of the merge since curse kind of pisses me off. MMO champ has been left relatively unchanged and remains just as good if not better than it was before. You go Boubouille!