Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Carnival of the Ascended on Test Shard

Let's get ready to party !! testing of the new World Event 'Carnival of the Ascended' will take place on the PTS for next few days...

Carnival of the Ascended Event PTS Testing Wed, 2/8 thru Friday 2/10 @ 3:30PM PST

Denizens of the land rejoice! The Carnival of the Ascended is nearly here!

Join us on PTS today, 2/8 thru Friday 2/10 @ 3:30PM PST (10:30PM GMT) for your first look at the newest world event as we try to find any kinks, bugs, or pressure points. As this is a brand new feature, don’t expect it to be 100% fully functional, but that’s what PTS is for!

Phases 0 – 2 will be running in 24 hour increments. The schedule is as follows:

Wednesday (2/8) – Phase 00 begins
    Thursday (2/9) – Phase 01 begins
    Friday (2/10) – Phase 02 begins
    We look forward to seeing you there!

*NOTE* we’ll be turning off the event after phase 2’s 24 hours is up on Saturday
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...-30pm-pst.html

Will be taking a snoop and hopefully will post a few screenies and videos...party on dudes

Hawt, cant wait!
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Deleted
    Nice! Waiting for updates

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't a whole lot to test tonight on the PTS, all the vendors and other 'goodies' are getting added tomorrow it seems

Here's the carnies setting up shop in Sanctum...

They did have these 'dragon balloons' up for test which are basically Pinatas that will spawn in every zone that you "whack" to get the new currency plus it will also drop previous World Event curriences like Otherworldly Sourcestones, Dragon Tears etc, ideal if you missed some old World Event items

The new currency for this World Event will be 'Glass Bead Throw'...unfortunately no vendors are up yet so no idea what goodies we'll get

This is how the Pinatas will appear on your zone map...

This is what the Pinatas look like, so far just found two of the dragons, Laethys and Greenscale

Was well past midnight here so didn't get a chance to check out Fortunes Shore yet, will see what the next phase tomorrow brings

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Wasn't a whole lot to test tonight on the PTS, all the vendors and other 'goodies' are getting added tomorrow it seems

Here's the carnies setting up shop in Sanctum...

They did have these 'dragon balloons' up for test which are basically Pinatas that will spawn in every zone that you "whack" to get the new currency plus it will also drop previous World Event curriences like Otherworldly Sourcestones, Dragon Tears etc, ideal if you missed some old World Event items

The new currency for this World Event will be 'Glass Bead Throw'...unfortunately no vendors are up yet so no idea what goodies we'll get

This is how the Pinatas will appear on your zone map...

This is what the Pinatas look like, so far just found two of the dragons, Laethys and Greenscale

Was well past midnight here so didn't get a chance to check out Fortunes Shore yet, will see what the next phase tomorrow brings
    Yea talked to the dev and he said that real part of the world event starts tommrow, this is just the set up or preparation phase. I checked out fortunes shore and it didnt look like there was anything new there. Its looking interesting though, cant wait for tommrow.
    Thanks for all the Pics and Updates Slipmat!
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Deleted
    Looks great! Can't wait for more screenshots!

Akylios and Laethys look super cool.

Also some pics of the carnival before its set up.

What happened to the statue in Sanctum?
    It vanished during the Chronicle Ceremony of Attunement aswell

It's in the attic
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-02-09 at 09:42 AM.

Just went on the PTS.
    Nothing happening in Meridian yet, though found some Dragon Balloons, damn they give a lot of old currency, and boy am I pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    damn they give a lot of old currency, and boy am I pleased.
    As someone who is about to invest in a Water Resist sigil all I can say is... FUCKING YES!

I'm glad I bought the game, I don't wanna miss this event currency like I missed the other one!

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ml#post3595319

Hey all - thanks for the continued feedback.

We've been looking at various responses to the old currency drops and ways to stream line it so people are getting the currency they want and aren't filling their bags up with stuff they don't want. We also did notice an issue with the wrong stuff dropping for grey-conned pinatas - this is being fixed, so no more low level farming for 50's.

We're also double-checking the spawn rates since the intention was to have them spawning at a more consistent/smooth rate then the dragon motes - be aware that people were slaughtering these things like crazy right when it when live, so you weren't just competing with the spawn rate alone. Looking at it this morning, the world is covered in them!

As for where's the Crucia and Regulos pinata? This is a celebration of the Ascended's triumph in the last year, slaying 2 of the Bloodstorm dragons, while looking forward those next on the Ascended's list to take down (hint, hint).

Keep the feedback coming, and see you in phase 01 later today!

1 like

Daniel Steamer
    Lead Content Designer, RIFT
    Trion Worlds, Inc
    “Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?” -The Internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see some of the issues addressed so quickly, like the ones we talked about on PTS last night pure

Must log on to PTS when it comes back up, seems it went down 20 mins ago when P1 was due to begin, but meanwhile....2 mysterious new ships have docked at Fortunes Shore

The more eagle eyed will notice that's the CM Elrar dressed up in his Denton Abbey finery with his own, personal Akylios pinata

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 12:13 AM ----------

roll up, roll up...the Carnival hits the town!!, well, Phase One at least...

Phases Five and Six are intrigingly worded

New World Event....

Can't have a World Event without a vendor or two

What's that you gasp, Nebula ? could it possibly be.......a new epic mount !!!

Plenty of party dailies to enjoy/frustrate yourself with, jumping and popping 20 ballons to...throwing rings on seacaps, yep, what would a World Event be without seacaps...

There's also a mini horse race around a track, wasn't 'active' at the time

If you find Sanctum/Meridian will get too crowded with these dailies, there's a portal direct to the ships in Shimmersand where the same dailies can also be done....

So anyone who played TOR recently should recognize this. It looks like they snuck this in

10+ Year Old Account
    Nebula....what currency is that using? That looks like Void Horse icon

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    Nebula....what currency is that using? That looks like Void Horse icon
    3 currencies right now

. Beads that drop from the pinatas all around and also reward from the dailies
    . Prize ticket - 1 per daily <---- I THINK THAT IS UNGODLYYYYYY LOW for prizes that cost upwards of 50+
    . For that mount you see there for 6...that is a currency you get for a daily that requires you to finish 3 games...SUPER easy to get that mount.. No idea what it looks like

My feedback to Trion was:
    . Daily reward amount for prize tickets is brutalllllly low...Right now it would require 20 balloons(grind amount per repeatable quest) x 600 tickets(total amount if you add up all the vanity items that cost tickets...BADASS LOOKING VANITY HELMS and some pet) = 12,000 balloons.

Obviously this is a grind that I hope does not go live

wow nice looking mount!
    Im seriously looking forward to this event, gonna be farming my ass off for all the stuff I missed from previous events, hats off to trion for allowing old event to be obtained again for a short period of time. gonna be some serious farming / grinding going on lol
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So anyone who played TOR recently should recognize this. It looks like they snuck this in

Oh me like this, when dishing out loot I sometimes get told off for giving it out before people have finished comparing their gear and working out if it's an upgrade. This will sure help speed things up!