[Anime] Suggestions for anime to watch?

So just gonna make it really short.

I recently finished playing Katawa Shoujo, a game which i randomly happened upon.
    I've never really been one for anime/mange etc, however I did really enjoy the story in the game, which has had me look into any animes I seem to find.

So here I am looking for something worth while to watch, but I have no idea where to begin.
    What I would like is some help to decide what to start watching.

I'm not looking for the big ones, such as DBZ or Naruto. I'd like something with a little substance and character development, maybe some drama and / or some romance.

Just leave a suggestion, preferably a reason to go with it / explanation of story, or anything else you can think of

Thanks in Advance

Not sure what themes you like and my experience is very limited. If you like cars at all check out " initial d". Good character development and so much inner monologing. I also liked "peacemaker" it's period piece with some good humor and characters. "cowboy bebop" is also pretty good it's modern and has a good soundtrack.

Code Geass. Why? Because the story will blow your freakin mind. I don't want to say any more than that, because anyone that spoils a story that good deserves to be shot.

Clannad/Clannad After Story has a touching story like Katawa Shoujo (not the same subject matter mind you) I highly recommend that if you enjoyed Katawa.

I hate to be that person, but a suggestion thread already exists.

(I also recommend Steins;Gate)

Yeah I figured a suggestion thread already exsisted, however, I'm trying to tailor it to what I like.

But I really do appreciate all the suggestions guys

If your in the more sci fi based animes i would suggest looking at the Crest of the Stars series. or Seikai no Monshō as they call it.
    Its imo a very well written story and not to long i think this one has 12 episodes with a follow up by Banner of the stars I & II (Seikai no Senki I & II)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crest_of_the_Stars

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.