Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you've found a guild you enjoy being in, you should probably try to find a solution that allows you to remain in it.

If leveling a second character is out of the question, then try to find a raiding team accepting of your situation.

I've seen people guildhop before because they were 'unsatisfied with the guild's progression', and they just end up unsatisfied in their next guild as well.

Just remember that the gear is just pixels, and doesnt matter. The relationships you form are real, though. (well, ideally they are.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    I don't get it why people complain about normal or heroic bosses. They are the same freaking bosses with the only difference being Inflated damage numbers. It isn't Ulduar hard mode. Most people are happy with clearing normal modes and sticking with it. Some people would prefer breaking their heads on hardmodes. It depends entirely on your goals for raiding and what you want from it. I couldn't care less. I take it that if I've killed the final boss on normal mode I've cleared the raid.

What difference is it killing the same boss with inflated damage numbers. I infact really commend your guild for sticking with what they believer. You probably need a different guild. I've found that most of the heroic farming guilds tend to have that mindset where they think they "are all that" but in reality they ain't got nothing.

I was in a similar guild for a short while during Firelands. Every week they would talk bull about killing Domo and Ragnoros and progress to Heroic before the first nerfs went out. They could never do it. Even the guild leader was total shit. We managed to cake walk to Rag the first night of the major nerfs but still couldn't kill Rag. They finally managed to down him after a couple of weeks on NORMAL with all the NERFS!!! They were still taking the piss that the accomplishment wasn't the same if they killed him before the nerfs.
    It does not matter as much HOW the fights change - the heroic modes are the WAY THE FIGHTS ARE MEANT TO BE. You should be saying, I hate how the normal modes are similar to heroic modes. It is really only a preparation for the proper CHALLENGE.

The heroic progressing is absolutely worth it if just to feel the requirements on you and your team and how you have to push yourself and others to their limits dozens of times over to get through the fight.
    It is not "just more numbers" - it is as the fights should be in the first place and it is the RIGHT raiding feeling that you cannot achieve yawning through normal modes.
    You just get a taste of the battles full potential in normals, its like training. You cannot say you have cleared it if you have only killed normals. Some of the mechanics are clearly built for heroics and by doing normals you are just playing a castrated version meant to give you some gear to be able to cope with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people have a weird definition of what they consider hardcore. Where does it start? Is it dependent on your progress or on your time-investment or a combination of the two.

I wouldn't consider myself 'hardcore', for example. 3 raid nights a week are extremely moderate. My raid's progress might be considered as 'hardcore' already by some. And if you think that a raid like that is hardcore, let me inform you that I'm raiding with absolutely squishy lovely nice friendly and downright awesome people, some of which I'm very attached to.

And just to have said it... Normal kills don't cause that adrenaline rush when you finally down a boss. Putting in all that effort, playing at the very limits of your capabilities and then finally seeing that heroic achievement pop up and knowing that you've done it... My hands are always shaking during that moment. It's an awesome feeling. You just don't get that in normal modes... probably because deep down I know that it was just training grounds and that it, personally, doesn't count yet. But on heroic... that's like when you step out onto the stage after long preparations, creating strategies, optimising spec and gear and perhaps even parts of your interface and start performing. It's exciting!

Being moderately successful in heroic raiding doesn't mean that people are arses to each other or something. Or that they only log on for raid and then log off again immediately. That largely depends on the guild. A guild chat will always be busy when it's a raiding guild that allows you to bring in friends. Strict raiding guilds with only raid members in them are bound to be a bit dead outside of raid times, so evaluate well which type of guild suits you better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerrie View Post
    The heroic progressing is absolutely worth it if just to feel the requirements on you and your team and how you have to push yourself and others to their limits dozens of times over to get through the fight.
    Heroic progression is worth it only if you care about competition, whether its for world top 100 or your server first. Otherwise why not just pick up another game that gives you a challenge and fresh content?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnald View Post
    If you've done any of Heroic Dragon soul, you'd know the fights are different, by atleast a bit. Not just inflated numbers, but actual mechanic differences too. H Morchok he has a twin. H Warmaster Blackhorn, you fight Gariona on the boat at the same time as Blackhorn, and not just an air phase. She lands. Warlord Zon'ozz has These huge tentacle adds you now have to kill as well. Etc, etc.

So, before you say anything more about "Heroic mode is just inflated numbers on the same boss!", read this and know now that you are incorrect.
    Still it isn't like a new boss or something. The whole Normal and Heroic mode is stupid. You basically killing the same boss twice. Some people take it that they have completed the encounter by killing the last boss on Normal mode. His guild may be one of those. I've known a few guilds that followed the same belief when I was looking for one.

This was just blizzards great plan to keep people coming back for more so that they could keep banging their heads for months down the road.

See if there are any other members that also want to go HC mode and try to get your GM to allow you to run it.
    just watch out you don't cause a rift between the more casual and the heroic guys, rotate anyone who's willing to raid seriously in.
    a group of 'cool' guys can seriously destroy a guild.