Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What are people going to do in gw2 when they reach max lvl, pvp all the time? wait for world-boss events to happen? what?
    You do know what guild wars 2 is right?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    I'm disagreeing with you. Majority of the players do raid, hell, wow is so successful only due to it's dungeon and raid system ( yes, not just raids , 5-man dungeons as well ).

What are people going to do in gw2 when they reach max lvl, pvp all the time? wait for world-boss events to happen? what?
    I highly doubt that more than 5 million players raid on a weekly basis, when there's only 10 million subs in total. Hell, I'd be surprised if there's 5 million CHARACTERS that raid weekly.

Isn't there some raiding log on the web that tracks all the raiders in WOW? You're telling me if I were to check those websites I'd get a list of raiders that is over 5,000,000 long?

In Wrath (when WOW was at it's peak), didn't blizzard publicly say that only 10% of subscribers raid? It would seem raiding isn't as important to other people, as it is to you.

Also, there is no "end game" in GW2 like in WOW. There is no gear treadmill. So I can only assume the game won't be for you, and that's fine. But it's a bit... umm... "silly" to assume that the other 10+ million players of MMORPGs are just like you.

I highly doubt that more than 5 million players raid on a weekly basis, when there's only 10 million subs in total. Hell, I'd be surprised if there's 5 million CHARACTERS that raid weekly.
    With LFR, I think its highly possible.

So do any current WOW raiders know what the raid progress tracking websites are? I'm now curious to check if I can find 5,000,000+ raiding characters listed.

Don't even bother with Strah. If he wants to argue "failing" and "success" about a game, he can learn about it first here.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ated.-READ-ME!
    Don't want to read? Feck off.

Also, that f2p video that you conveniently glossed over (I doubt you watched it, and if you did you're either an idiot or just a bad troll.) explained why a f2p model can work, which is what your first post said could not work. That and no trinity which is baseless and has no real backbone as an argument outside "I'm just a stubborn prick that doesn't like anything different."

Sorry, no patience for idiots.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-02-10 at 09:19 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    So do any current WOW raiders know what the raid progress tracking websites are? I'm now curious to check if I can find 5,000,000+ raiding characters listed.
    I don't think something like that exists. If you are arguing that there are less than 5 million guild raiders I think that's a solid hypothesis. However since at max level there is nothing to do but raid and PvP and we have Looking for raid It's also safe to assume that the majority of players raid.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't think something like that exists. If you are arguing that there are less than 5 million guild raiders I think that's a solid hypothesis. However since at max level there is nothing to do but raid and PvP and we have Look for raid It's also safe to assume that the majority of players raid.
    Well, I'll have to fish out the link where Blizz said only 10% of subscribers raid. That's a TINY amount.

Also, at max level I was in a guild with 500 people, and only 10 of them raided. So my personal experience is more like 2%.

I'm sure the LFR thing has changed things. But if 12 million people played and loved WOW, but only like 2.2 million of them raided... well... I think that would suggest that not all MMORPG players are focused on raiding.

Well, I'll have to fish out the link where Blizz said only 10% of subscribers raid. That's a TINY amount.

Also, at max level I was in a guild with 500 people, and only 10 of them raided. So my personal experience is more like 2%.

I'm sure the LFR thing has changed things. But if 12 million people played and loved WOW, but only like 2.2 million of them raided... well... I think that would suggest that not all MMORPG players are focused on raiding.
    Don't know how people still play WoW and not raid since there isn't anything to do other then PvP.

Don't know how people still play WoW and not raid since there isn't anything to do other then PvP.
    And leveling alts.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    And leveling alts.
    Yea that only takes 3 hours.

Yea that only takes 3 hours.
    Depends on the person.

Dailies, crafting, manipulating the AH, levelling alts, questing... there's TONS of things to do, to be honest.

Dailies, crafting, manipulating the AH, levelling alts, questing... there's TONS of things to do, to be honest.
    All those things are connected to raiding though or just earning money which is connected to raiding and questing becomes meh after you out leveled it.

Im talking in terms of raiding alternatives. PvP is one, the pet battles would be another if they would actually expand it to tournaments and crap (which I think they said they won't).

All those things are connected to raiding though or just earning money which is connected to raiding and questing becomes meh after you out leveled it.

Im talking in terms of raiding alternatives. PvP is one, the pet battles would be another if they would actually expand it to tournaments and crap (which I think they said they won't).
    Woah, what?

Are you saying I CANNOT do dailies, craft, play the AH, quest, etc... UNLESS I'm a raider too? That makes no sense.

Sure raiders do all those things, but the reverse isn't true, at all!

Challenge mode dungeons

Woah, what?

Are you saying I CANNOT do dailies, craft, play the AH, quest, etc... UNLESS I'm a raider too? That makes no sense.

Sure raiders do all those things, but the reverse isn't true, at all!
    Oh I am sure those daily's that never changed you did for 2 years are still loads of fun and have some kind of purpose. When I said connected to raiding, I meant that these things were mostly designed to support End game which only consist of PvP and raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Challenge mode dungeons
    Not yet released?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-10 at 09:37 PM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ontest-Fan-Art

These charts would suggest that only 5% of CHARCTERS have completed the then-current tier of normal-mode raiding after 3 months. That's a pretty low number. I wonder how many killed the first boss... doubt it'll be > 50% though.

Not yet released?
    Not yet, same as pet battles.

Oh I am sure those daily's that never changed you did for 2 years are still loads of fun.
    What about the raids that don't change after 2 years? That's more fun? Raiding the same instance for 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Not yet, same as pet battles.
    I meant would as in X example and future tense.

What about the raids that don't change after 2 years? That's more fun? Raiding the same instance for 2 years?
    I never said it was.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ontest-Fan-Art

These charts would suggest that only 5% of CHARCTERS have completed the then-current tier of normal-mode raiding after 3 months. That's a pretty low number. I wonder how many killed the first boss... doubt it'll be > 50% though.
    I specifically mentioned normal mode it is probably true and LFR it is probably not, since that chart is out dated and LFR never existed during firelands... well you figure out the rest.