Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Dady looks like a texas man, where is him from?...

Anywaysm i missed that point, still, it's his very own fault, and he just acts a not prepared father. A kid would never do such stupid things without a proper reason behind, he might not understand it, he'll just act as he considers as a kid.
    "A kid would never do such stupid things without a proper reason behind"

Totally untrue....

Quote Originally Posted by senshu View Post
    As no such line of reasoning exists currently, no you don't.
    This is what I wanted to type about your previous post, but I wanted to see how hard you'd fail at detecting irony.

There was no personal insult. We do know she misbehaved. If you are unable to start from that common ground then we really have nothing to discuss. Nor do you have anything to say in this thread, as it's discussing whether the father's punishment was too harsh or went overboard. Nowhere is any adult even considering whether or not the child misbehaved: she did.
    So calling me obtuse isn't a personal insult? Okay, dumbass. Misbehaved? So now she is supposed to keep her opinion to herself or inside the four walls of her house? I'm sorry, but the 1950s wants you back. In 2012, we all have the right to speak our mind, wherever we wish and however we wish. Granted in this case, it sounds like a spoilt brat, but she still has that right.

Okay, I had thought you were in your early 20's but now I see you're at most 17. No, she does not have a right and free speech does not apply to her. As you said earlier, her parents are responsible for her actions until 18: that also means that until such time they are in charge. She is a minor, she does not have those rights to which you allude. She has certain protections under the law and that's it.
    So let me get this straight, you are telling me that no matter what I say, my age will make my argument null and void? Since you are certain that free speech doesn't apply to her : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_A...s_Constitution
    Read the first amendment for the country in question (i.e. the US). About slander : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...defamation_law
    None of this applies to a rant on facebook, atleast not in my opinion. If you took it to court, you'd probably be laughed out of there.

Oh and btw, you think you have my age down, but you are so off the trail that it is beyond funny.

Then sorry to sound cliche', but you are everything that's wrong with society today. Your parents punish you for bad behavior, without even physically harming you, and you run off to social services? Taking their precious time away from kids who are actually being abused? I knew your generation is a bunch of self-entitled twits, but this takes the cake.
    Right okay. Social services where I live, is not exclusive to abusive kids. They also give you the option to legally emancipate yourself from your parents. Obviously, there are legalities involved, but it can be done. To make it clear, I wouldn't live under anyone but my own roof. I've had enough money for that since I was 16 due to me having a job. If I didn't legally emancipate myself, my parents could decline to sign tenancy agreements and I would be stuck with them. After emancipating, I'd be able to sign legally binding documents myself and go my own way.

Are you now talking to yourself? Cause that's the only way this last part makes any sense. Listen, child, you do not know one single thing about being a parent. Not one. You cannot put yourself in the place of one, you have no basis from which to begin. The things you've said here, talking about her rights and maybe they were in the wrong for giving her chores, make this perfectly clear. That you think your opinion on how a parent does his job is worth anything at all is simply astounding.
    What do you know about my experiences with children? None, absolutely fuck all. All you know is that I don't have one at the moment. It's pretty fucking obvious that anyone with a kid has hands-on experience with the matter of raising them. I've never contested that. All I know is that I'll be raising my kids the way I'd like to be raised. Cus you know what? I turned out pretty damn well, and no insecure person on the planet can convince me to treat my kid like a moron. (To be clear, since I got a mod warning on this, I didn't mean to imply that anyone in here treats their kids like morons, I meant that I wouldn't treat my kid as if he/she was a moron)

Mod Warning: Please watch the flaming and personal attacks.
    Last edited by saffi; 2012-02-14 at 09:53 PM.

The problem is you people are over thinkinging this shit. The father has authority over the daughter, he excercises his power when she fucks up. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by saffi View Post
    This is what I wanted to type about your previous post, but I wanted to see how hard you'd fail at detecting irony.
    Oh you were being ironic? Which part?

So calling me obtuse isn't a personal insult? Okay, dumbass.
    It carries a strong implication that you're a normally functioning, intelligent person who is simply being disagreeable on the topic for the sake of being so. I guess you would call it trolling. At the time I mistook you for a reasonable person.

Misbehaved? So now she is supposed to keep her opinion to herself or inside the four walls of her house? I'm sorry, but the 1950s wants you back. In 2012, we all have the right to speak our mind, wherever we wish and however we wish. Granted in this case, it sounds like a spoilt brat, but she still has that right.
    She certainly can say whatever she wants, wherever she wants. Just as you or I can right now. However, saying certain things in certain places carries repercussions, something with which you seem painfully unfamiliar. In this case she chose to voice her typical teenage complaints in a public place, in a rude manner, and disrespect her parents. That is misbehaving, no matter what new age school of child raising you go to.

So let me get this straight, you are telling me that no matter what I say, my age will make my argument null and void?
    On certain topics, yes. You can be overflowing with empathy and still have no clue what it's like to be a parent. In your case, you haven't yet reached the stage of maturity to look back on your teenage years and realize how ridiculous you were.

Since you are certain that free speech doesn't apply to her : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_A...s_Constitution
    Read the first amendment for the country in question (i.e. the US). About slander : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...defamation_law
    None of this applies to a rant on facebook, atleast not in my opinion. If you took it to court, you'd probably be laughed out of there.
    Irrelevant. While she can say what she wants within reason (the "reason" being determined by her parents), the First Amendment does not convey a free-speech right when minors are involved. The goes both to and from, and that constitutional finding was clarified just last year, if you'd like to go look it up. As for slander, that's irrelevant as well. The father is not taking his daughter to court, and no one is suggesting he should. He punished a child who misbehaved.

Oh and btw, you think you have my age down, but you are so off the trail that it is beyond funny.
    Sure, whatever you say. You can claim to be any age you want, I have no way to verify. Your words and attitude tell me, and any other adults reading this thread, just what age range you fall into.

Right okay. Social services where I live, is not exclusive to abusive kids. They also give you the option to legally emancipate yourself from your parents. Obviously, there are legalities involved, but it can be done.
    Never said it was. EMS is not exclusive to life or death emergencies, but wouldn't you agree their limited resources would be best spent on those, and not transporting a 12 year old with a broken arm?

To make it clear, I wouldn't live under anyone but my own roof. I've had enough money for that since I was 16 due to me having a job. If I didn't legally emancipate myself, my parents could decline to sign tenancy agreements and I would be stuck with them. After emancipating, I'd be able to sign legally binding documents myself and go my own way.
    And? Best of luck out in the world, kid.

What do you know about my experiences with children? None, absolutely fuck all. All you know is that I don't have one at the moment. It's pretty fucking obvious that anyone with a kid has hands-on experience with the matter of raising them. I've never contested that.
    Do you really think there is nothing in this world that you have to experience for yourself first in order to understand? Do you think that, as a male, you can understand what it's like to give birth? Or do you think that this inability to understand can only apply to physical events? Find one non-druggie parent who will tell you this about parenting: "Oh yeah, nothing to it. You already know everything there is to know about it, nothing I can tell you there." Even your own, go ahead: ask them when they get home from work.

All I know is that I'll be raising my kids the way I'd like to be raised. Cus you know what? I turned out pretty damn well, and no insecure person on the planet can convince me to treat my kid like a moron.
    These are thoughts we all had as teenagers. "Oh, when I have my kid I'm going to do things differently. I'll raise them perfectly, it's all so simple! How do these stupid adults around the world not see it? What aren't they getting?" Then you finally reach the point and YOU are the one who gets it. Save these posts and look back. You are going to get quite a laugh out of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    When i saw this video i thought this guy was so badass. This is what parenting should be like. Kids today need discipline and LOTS of it i've seen so many kids that act like they're the center of the universe and some just act so disrespectful even to adults and what do the parents say "if you don't stop doing that were not going to the park" or some shit like that. There's no discipline anymore, no punishment and i mean REAL punishment like this guy did. There needs to be more parents like this you don't see many of these kinds of parents anymore. I would do the same thing if i saw my kid talk about his/her parents like that and try to hide it from me. Kids these days are just so disrespectful and ungrateful anymore.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

For those saying he hacked her, he didn't. He actually found the post via a mutual friend on Facebook.

The man was justified to do whatever he wanted with the laptop. In this very case, he happens to own some guns, and shot the laptop with one of his favorites. He had already warned his daughter that if she did something like that again, he would put bullets through it. She decided to test him, and she got what she deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do my chores because my dad tells me to,
    I do them because I know that I'm not going to have someone to kiss my ass for me for the rest of my life.

Yes I have AP classes and wrestling and after-school clubs, but that doesn't mean I would treat chores any different than how I would treat, say homework. I mean, it's a WEEKDAY. What else am I supposed to do besides work? You're a fucking school kid, have your fun on the weekends. Work builds character. In my culture (I am Egyptian/Albanian), defying your parents is a one-way ticket to a boot up your ass.

Such insolence can't just be ignored. Good fucking job, dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakumo View Post
    I don't do my chores because my dad tells me to,
    I do them because I know that I'm not going to have someone to kiss my ass for me for the rest of my life.

Yes I have AP classes and wrestling and after-school clubs, but that doesn't mean I would treat chores any different than how I would treat, say homework. I mean, it's a WEEKDAY. What else am I supposed to do besides work? You're a fucking school kid, have your fun on the weekends. Work builds character. In my culture (I am Egyptian/Albanian), defying your parents is a one-way ticket to a boot up your ass.

Such insolence can't just be ignored. Good fucking job, dad.
    Wow... this post put a big smile on my face

If only more kids could be like you, then we'd have a lot more successful people in the world and less whiny brats.

I wish they would add a "like" feature to MMOchmapion posts because I would totally like this post as much as I could.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linry View Post
    reading a diary really?! i don't know about you but i never posted my diary for the world to read, there's a huge difference between keeping your thoughts to yourself then slandering you parents on facebook. that man knows how to parent.
    Exactly. One of the first things my step-father taught me was that if I don't want anybody else knowing about something, don't write it down in the first place. Teenager-Me forgot that once or twice, but at 20 and now being married, I completely respect and understand everything my parents did to me.

Deleted
    Yeah, stooping down to your (apparently horrible) child's level is the best kind of parenting, right?

Both of them are in the wrong. If I was the dad, I'd find a different and more effective way to punish the child (he even missed the hard drive when he shot the laptop! the girl should be more than fine if she's even remotely smart), and if I was the girl I'd both avoid posting that nonsense (and on Facebook, of all the places) in the first place and, if this somehow still happened, get the hell away from that family. She's old enough to start her own life anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc56055da98c; 2012-02-19 at 04:55 PM.