Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bear rbg flag carrying. Should I get a second feral gear set and reforge it for tank?

So I am getting interested in flag carrying lately and was wondering if I should reforge it all to dodge and maybe stack the 40 resilience gems. If so what should I use for my meta gem etc? Also and should I use pyrium weapon chain on my weapon or 130 agility. Like I said my main focus would be flag carrying, I wouldn't be trying to output a ton of damage. Just survive.

roll a prot warrior if you want to be competitive.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    #2 Not everyone have the time or want to roll another class. Prot warrs may be better at flag carrying but he wants to play what he wants at a casual style.e

I dont play bear so Im not sure on the reforge but I could guess dodge or mastery. Gems you want all resi ones so people hits you for alot less, stam is crap.
    Meta you want the 81 stam 2% armor value, no other is competive for a bear. Enchant you want the 130 agi one for more dodge, pyrium doesnt help you that much so losing that dodge from 130agi isnt worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrii View Post
    #2 Not everyone have the time or want to roll another class. Prot warrs may be better at flag carrying but he wants to play what he wants at a casual style.e

I dont play bear so Im not sure on the reforge but I could guess dodge or mastery. Gems you want all resi ones so people hits you for alot less, stam is crap.
    Meta you want the 81 stam 2% armor value, no other is competive for a bear. Enchant you want the 130 agi one for more dodge, pyrium doesnt help you that much so losing that dodge from 130agi isnt worth it.
    Thanks for the helpful response I will go with 130 agility enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Principe View Post
    Thanks for the helpful response I will go with 130 agility enchant.
    Windwalker gives more dodge and movement speed increase. Gem all resil and reforge to dodge. This will neuter your cat damage, but like you want you'll be a tanky fc.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 09:52 PM ----------

imo if you're just going to be doing regular battlegrounds you'll be better off stacking agi and reforging mastery and just crapping all over the other FC. You'll have more fun and you won't have to rely on pugs to kill the efc.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Windwalker gives more dodge and movement speed increase. Gem all resil and reforge to dodge. This will neuter your cat damage, but like you want you'll be a tanky fc.

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 09:52 PM ----------

imo if you're just going to be doing regular battlegrounds you'll be better off stacking agi and reforging mastery and just crapping all over the other FC. You'll have more fun and you won't have to rely on pugs to kill the efc.
    Yeah i just farmed a second set so i can do both.
    I would be tanking in rbgs i hate regular battlegrounds so boring.
    Occasionally I go in randoms though where i do pretty well on the fc.

Feral is better than prot war when it comes to survivability. The only reason people pick a prot war is because of skill leap and the charging mobilities.

If your team can peel well, go with feral.

If you are dogshit go with warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    lol thats the best advice I think I will see this entire year

Deleted
    Feral is better than prot war when it comes to survivability. The only reason people pick a prot war is because of skill leap and the charging mobilities.

Someone sounds mad.

So how do you peel an entire enemy team from a Bear who is kidney shotted in Smokebomb?

10+ Year Old Account

Warriors are the best flagcarrier because of the combination of mobility, toughness, and the fact that they can ignore the first Smoke Bomb. Since most kills on FCs are made inside a Smoke Bomb with high flag debuff stacks, this is pretty goddamned important.

Your being jealous that your chosen class or spec isn't top dog doesn't really change the facts.

On topic: For flagcarrying, your want to focus on Resilience above all else. Every slot, every gem socket, should have Resilience. After that, for a bear? I guess dodge rating? I'd think Mastery would be good since it functions as your Block and doesn't have diminishing returns.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Its easy to peel from a bomb if you got knockbacks. In our altruns I play ele sham and we got feral efc, I stand rdy with thunderstorm to peel the melee and we use a rogue for defensive smoke bomb to counter the casters. Anything is possible.

Deleted
    Its easy to peel from a bomb if you got knockbacks. In our altruns I play ele sham and we got feral efc, I stand rdy with thunderstorm to peel the melee and we use a rogue for defensive smoke bomb to counter the casters. Anything is possible.
    So you are playing with 1 less counter to smoke bomb, and 1 less smoke bomb on offense? Sure, it's possible. But with that same group a Prot would still counter more smoke bombs and you would be capping more flags back.

I applaud you for playing what you want and working around it though. Props. For a lot of groups such a thing is very frustrating.
    Last edited by mmoc80afdcec58; 2012-02-10 at 09:21 AM.

It takes time to pull that stuff, we've played together so it works fine for us

Imagine you got 5 stacks and alone with a healer in the flagroom while rest of grp assaults the enemy. Ferals can survive for longer vs a sneak attack because of bear form godmode and root immunity/natures grasp. Warriors only got their charges/skill leaps that make them a more "viable" FC

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes time to pull that stuff, we've played together so it works fine for us

Imagine you got 5 stacks and alone with a healer in the flagroom while rest of grp assaults the enemy. Ferals can survive for longer vs a sneak attack because of bear form godmode and root immunity/natures grasp. Warriors only got their charges/skill leaps that make them a more "viable" FC
    Yeah, and being able to leap to a doorway and immediately round the corner to break LOS (as well as immediately shake any melee attackers) is pretty powerful, plus Warriors have superior mobility for moving downfield since being permasnared (and any competent team can keep the FC permasnared) doesn't affect the usability of Charge and Intervene. Or Heroic Leap.

The other tanks are usable, but there's a reason that only Prot Warrs are used for flagcarrying in the highest rated RBG teams.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Warriors are the "best" because of mobility and shockwave. Bears have better survivability. It all depends on who you are playing with and what setup.

So I am getting interested in flag carrying lately and was wondering if I should reforge it all to dodge and maybe stack the 40 resilience gems. If so what should I use for my meta gem etc? Also and should I use pyrium weapon chain on my weapon or 130 agility. Like I said my main focus would be flag carrying, I wouldn't be trying to output a ton of damage. Just survive.

bears as FCs are really bad now that vengeance is gone.

bears only have 3 cds to stay alive, two are actually pretty decent, once of them is crap. besides that you have a crappy single target stun. and when under stun you lose all your dodge, so reforging to a defensive stat is a really bad idea.

a warrior has aoe fear, disarm, single target stun, shield wall, regen and the second most op skill in rbgs... shockwave, a warrior can shut down a kill set up on him by just turning around and shockwaving, a bear has to sit and take it.

the reason why warriors are by far the best carry its simple because they have shockwave and leap.

now when it comes to getting the flag accros when under pressure, a bear/cat is actually competitive when compared to a warrior when the enemy teams has dks chain gripping, but for that job you should stay as a plain feral cat, let a warrior carry/hold. now, when no dks are around, or they arent using grip as efficiently a warrior can leap then intervene and make a good 50 yard distance. a bear can by shifting make maybe 15 yards.

and yeah, i know you might think "hey, i just rbg for fun" well... even when rbging for fun you MUST have a rogue on your team to set up kills with smokebomb, right? otherwise you will just watch helplessly as a 4 man enemy group pwns your carry while your 6 -7 man offence team without a rogue fails over and over.

thats not fun.

you know what else is not fun? having the feral cat on your rbg group decide he wants to carry on the new no vengeance on pvp world. its just plain pointless, and you will die over and over.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if your going to be competitive, yes.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Warriors are the "best" because of mobility and shockwave. Bears have better survivability. It all depends on who you are playing with and what setup.
    At good rating feral bear isnt close to viable havn't met a feral in alt or main runs ranging from 2.2-2.7k mmr this season...
    Aslong as you dont care about going super high though bear is fine.
    Just go resi to 5k then go stam if bears can still get mad high hp (havn't checked i just use agil on my alt druid when i play it)

It's spec that really makes it for a bear FC, if I'm dedicating myself to it I just go with my pve bear spec. Get resil as high as you can then go with agi and mastery, this allows you to cause trouble in cat which can be just as important as surviving. Of course you still want the standard spell pen for roots/cyclone though you can only really cast them in specific situations where you don't think you'll get caught and stunned out of form.

I'm not even sure if you're serious at all. Warriors are TOP DOG in terms of being FC. We have better and shorter cooldowns, excessively higher mobility and WAY more control.

Charge, Intercept, Heroic Leap > Shapeshifting.

Intervene breaks ALL roots/snares (Warbringer)

I have an AOE stun that wrecks melee when/if they're focusing on my Healer while I'm able to Disarm one and Singletarget Stun an other. God help them if they trinket any of that because I have a fear just waiting for them to. Hell, with Safeguard I offer my healer a 30% Damage Reduction Bubble for 6 seconds after I intervene to them on top of the fact that I can give my healer a 20% healthboost with Rallying Cry to help THEM out while I still have my Last Stand if they switch to me because of all the CC I'm laying out (Shares cooldowns I'm aware) What does a Feral have? Any AOE Stun? Fear?

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!