Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd like to know if anyone was running beta on the lowest minimume required spec computer or close to it ? I have a 4 year old computer that just barly meets the minimume specs but I cannot upgrade right now . Should I bother getting GW2 ? I had got SWTOR but it became unplayable on many planets and all pvp but GW2 has a better game engine IMO that ive seen from videos ...what do you guys think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jstrogue View Post
    Can anyone tell me on how high graphics would I be able to play the game on my 2 computers?

One is a laptop, running 64 bit Windows 7, i5 running at 2.67GHz, 4GB of DDR3 ram and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370. I will mainly play on the other computer tho.

So this other one runs some quadra core CPU (can't check which one right now), runs 32bit Windows 7, so only 3.2GB of 4GB of RAM are usable and has Gefore 250GTS inside. Will it run the game on max setting? This is my gaming computer, so I only use laptop when i'm not at home.
    Neither will run the game on max. Bare in mind, max is pretty intense (ultra shadows and shaders, supersampling, full reflections, the works) Pretty heavy stuff.
    I think you can still get some pretty decent graphics on that laptop if you turn down shaders, shadows and reflections. And go for normal sampling. Those things are going to really hammer your performance if they are active, and imo are not a big deal. Im looking at characters and not their shadows anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Well probably also depends on what OS you are running but Windows 7 boots up using 2GB so, if you only have 4GB only 2GB is free. Going forward it is hard to say what games will require, I have no experience with GW2 yet so I can't say if it is memory hog or not. The important thing here is memory is dirt cheap, and another 8GB will likely cost less than 1 game so if you are using a current 64 bit OS with only 4GB no reason not to upgrade IMHO.
    What ? http://i.imgur.com/HFcff.png
    This is while running a movie and having shit like aero up @_@

AMD Radeon HD 6470M (512 MB DDR3)dedicated up to 2gb shared
    4gb ram DDR3
    i3 cpu m380 2.53ghz dual core 3 MB L3 cache
    64 bit
    500 GB SATA (5400 rpm)
    thinking of getting one more ram stick of 4gb

that's a laptop, HP pavilion g6 1006sv

how well will it run?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I'd like to know if anyone was running beta on the lowest minimume required spec computer or close to it ?
    I played the beta on a G620 intel processor at 2,6 Ghz, 3 GB of ram and the "video card" that is integrated into the procesor, intel HD graphics its called

Had the settings set on Best Performance and 1024 x 768 resolution, game worked perfectly most of the time, had a little (not going into unplayable zone) fps drop at the world bosses like that shadow behemoth

Did not participate into WvsW zergfest battles so i dont know how that would be handled

Also the only major issue i had was not being able to do ascalonian catacombs , every time i tried to enter it the game froze and i had to alt tab into a driver related error and the game would close

I assume i will be able to fix it with a cheap video card sooner or later and wont have to replace everything in the computer for it to work

I played with pretty low settings (not the minimum though) with the following specs:
    - CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (2.8 GHz);
    - RAM: 4GB DDR2;
    - GPU: GeForce 9600 GT;
    - resolution: 1600x900.
    It was fine in BWE3. I only experienced FPS drop during huge meta events with a lot of people, mobs and effects around.

Currently I'm thinking of buying configuration based on setup of the month from Chaud. So it will either be:
    1)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
    Power Supply: Corsair 650TX V2
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K
    Heatsink: Thermaltake Frio
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    Memory: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 12800
    Graphics Card: MSI 7850 Twin Frozr
    Hard Drive: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
    SSD: CORSAIR 120Gb FORSA 3
    DVD: NEC or LiteON SATA DVD+/-RW

or
    2)
    Power Supply: Corsair 750HX
    CPU: Intel i7-3770K
    Heatsink: Noctua 6 NH-D14
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
    Graphics Card: XFX 7970 Black Edition

Probably in future I will also buy a new 27" display. And now I have a few questions :-) My goal is to run GW2 on maximum.
    1) Is configuration "1" enough for it? Since I probably won't be playing other games, I don't want to overspend. Will it run the game on maximum even on 27" display? How good in your opinion is this configuration for future? I mean if Arenanet will release new and more demanding content, will it still run it perfectly? Or am I better with buying config "2"?
    2) Both specs use pretty powerful CPUs and GPUs while only having 8GB RAM. This is surprising me. Even Chaud's Unicorn build has only 8GB. Is it really enough?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    that may indeed be the reason why i still have yet to see any game require more than 4GB.
    Just because a game requires 4 gb of ram or that it uses 4 gb of ram it doesn't mean you don't need more ram.. Give the game alone a 4 gb ram usage +/- with a 15% difference. Then your windows, other programs in background, such as skype, facebook, other running stuff.. It all comes at a 8gb minimum ram usage. I'd say go safe than sorry. Rams cheap nowadays, you can get it for 400 norwegian crowns which is 80 bucks and most likely cheaper in us for 8 gb ddr 3 ram @1600 mhz. I myself have only 8gb and will add another 8gb as soon as I order one more 7970 due to lack power of one.. (price on them are dropping)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Just because a game requires 4 gb of ram or that it uses 4 gb of ram it doesn't mean you don't need more ram..
    Actually, it kind of does. Requires = needs. If you can run a game with 4GB of memory, you don't need more. Sure you might want more because you want to run it better, but you don't need it. :P

Most of my computer's specs seem to be OK for the game but I can't tell regarding the vid card because it just says it's a Nvidia GeForce GTX250. The game requires a NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 which has a higher number at the end so.. yeah, I don't speak videocard, do I need to replace mine?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Cat View Post

Currently I'm thinking of buying configuration based on setup of the month from Chaud. So it will either be:
    1)
    Power Supply: Corsair 650TX V2
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K
    Heatsink: Thermaltake Frio
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    Graphics Card: MSI 7850 Twin Frozr

or
    2)
    Power Supply: Corsair 750HX
    CPU: Intel i7-3770K
    Heatsink: Noctua 6 NH-D14
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
    Graphics Card: XFX 7970 Black Edition

Probably in future I will also buy a new 27" display. And now I have a few questions :-) My goal is to run GW2 on maximum.
    1) Is configuration "1" enough for it? Since I probably won't be playing other games, I don't want to overspend. Will it run the game on maximum even on 27" display? How good in your opinion is this configuration for future? I mean if Arenanet will release new and more demanding content, will it still run it perfectly? Or am I better with buying config "2"?
    2) Both specs use pretty powerful CPUs and GPUs while only having 8GB RAM. This is surprising me. Even Chaud's Unicorn build has only 8GB. Is it really enough?
    couple of things:

1: don't buy an I7 for gaming, you hardly gain any benefit. if you want to OC the 3570K+Z77 is perfekt. if you don't want to OC I5 3450+H77 is what you want
    2: both powersupplies are highly overdimensioned for the systems. 480watt gold lvl like "be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W" is more then enough
    3. SSDs from samsung (830 series) or crucial (m4) are better then your choice
    4. graphics card highly depends on your budget. just for gw2 the 7850 seems fine, for future games you're better off with the 7870 or consider waiting for the 660ti
    5. 8 GB RAM is perfekt

Here's what I got:

i5-3570k at 3.4Ghz (will OC later to 4.0Ghz)
    8GB 1600mhz ram
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW

I slid my slider on the game to Best Graphics and noticed lag, guessing it isn't fully optimized yet?
    Sig by Listrata

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    Here's what I got:

8GB 1600mhz ram
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW

I slid my slider on the game to Best Graphics and noticed lag, guessing it isn't fully optimized yet?
    I believe so and I hope they fix it, my laptop runs it at a steady 40-45 fps while my desktop, which is considerably faster, is at 20-25 fps

Laptop: I3 330m @ 2.13ghz, 8gb ram, 330m Nvidia (In heavy populated areas it can get quiet low fps, this is expected though)
    Desktop: Q6600 @ 3ghz, 8gb ram, 460GTX (really needs an upgrade but should get way more then 20 fps)

Hopefully something is rolled out to fix it, as much as I don't mind gaming on my laptop, the desktop normally runs anything so much more, smooth. I wouldn't worry to much though, When Need for speed World was released in beta, it was awfully laggy for me, but when it was released officially, it was actually really smooth, from this day on I normally just wait to see what it is like live.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-08-05 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    couple of things:

1: don't buy an I7 for gaming, you hardly gain any benefit. if you want to OC the 3570K+Z77 is perfekt. if you don't want to OC I5 3450+H77 is what you want
    2: both powersupplies are highly overdimensioned for the systems. 480watt gold lvl like "be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W" is more then enough
    3. SSDs from samsung (830 series) or crucial (m4) are better then your choice
    4. graphics card highly depends on your budget. just for gw2 the 7850 seems fine, for future games you're better off with the 7870 or consider waiting for the 660ti
    5. 8 GB RAM is perfekt
    Thanks, that was helpful!

1. Since I know nothing about overclocking, I'm better off with i5 3450 H77 :-)
    2. Got it.
    3. Samsung it is.
    4. I'm fine with spending up to $2000 on the new computer, but taking into account that I will play probably only GW2 (I rarely play other games, if I have a MMORPG) I don't want to overspend. Although if I get cheaper CPU (i5), I can spend a bit more on the GPU. I'll go for a more expensive one.
    5. I see.

And thanks for help again. One last question is: will this configuration work fine with 27" display? Mainly speaking of GW2 performance. I guess it has enough power to pull it off, but I really have no idea what I'm doing :-p So I better ask beforehand.

Deleted
    My computer will just about run it and I'll be able to fry up eggs for my breakfast at the same time... YAY!

Deleted

2. Got it.
    3. Samsung it is.
    4. I'm fine with spending up to $2000 on the new computer, but taking into account that I will play probably only GW2 (I rarely play other games, if I have a MMORPG) I don't want to overspend. Although if I get cheaper CPU (i5), I can spend a bit more on the GPU. I'll go for a more expensive one.
    5. I see.

And thanks for help again. One last question is: will this configuration work fine with 27" display? Mainly speaking of GW2 performance. I guess it has enough power to pull it off, but I really have no idea what I'm doing :-p So I better ask beforehand.
    What resolution does the 27" display have natively?

Deleted
    Thx for answers Dodrin and terrahero. For some reason I can get a lot better performance for games on my PC than the laptop. Not really sure why. I am planning to by SSD drives for both computers soon, and after that I might also upgrade the graphics card for the PC. I won't really upgrade the laptop, because I mainly use it for school and at work. Primary gaming computer is still the PC, and probably always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    Here's what I got:

8GB 1600mhz ram
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW

I have a similar build, only differences are I have an i7 3770 and 16G of RAM. I ran it on max and had anywhere from 50-80 FPS. People think the game may still have been CPU heavy. So it should be fixed by release.
    Last edited by Dodrin; 2012-08-05 at 11:43 PM.

Nice performance Dodrin, that's what I was hoping for on beta lol -_-, hopefully my FPS is fixed on release. Who knows, maybe the i7's hyperthreading might actually help on GW2?
    Sig by Listrata

Deleted

2. Got it.
    3. Samsung it is.
    5. I see.

great that it was helpful

4. if you want to fuel a 27" panel @ 2560 I'd recommand AMDs 7870 like "MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC". powerful card and still at a decent cost-performance ratio. did you already got the display?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm planing on buying a new laptop next September, and would apreciate any help in understanding if with these charcteristics I'll do fine in GW2:

Processor 2.3 GHz Frequency, Turbo Boost 3.3 GHz
    Processor Cache 6 MB
    Intel ® Core ™ i7 Quad-Core 3610QM (Ivy Bridge)
    RAM 8 GB, Type DDR3-1600 RAM
    Hard Drive 750 GB
    Screen Size 15.6 "
    Type LCD HD 1366x768 pixels
    Graphics Card AMD Radeon ™ HD 7670M
    Graphics Memory 2 GB

Been lurking a couple of stores in my country (Portugal) and, based on my crappy knowledge this setup seems the best in terms of price/performance ratio.

Any help is welcome : )
    Arukas