Page 38 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker87 View Post
    I5 2500k at 3.3, GTX570, 4gb ram. For the most part I would get 60fps with vsync on but it would drop to 25ish randomly in some areas.
    I've got the same i5 2500k but, overclocked to 4.4, GTX570, and 8GB ram,1920/1080. I've never had any issues in all the Beta's. Lowest fps I ever got were in the 50's averaging 90 to 100 fps in the world. WvW averaging 50 to mid 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by neuk View Post
    I've got the same i5 2500k but, overclocked to 4.4, GTX570, and 8GB ram,1920/1080. I've never had any issues in all the Beta's. Lowest fps I ever got were in the 50's averaging 90 to 100 fps in the world. WvW averaging 50 to mid 60's.
    I'm not sure what my problem would be, I'm going to get more ram to see if that helps. I don't want to OC my cpu since I don't know how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker87 View Post
    I'm not sure what my problem would be, I'm going to get more ram to see if that helps. I don't want to OC my cpu since I don't know how to do that.
    4GB is fine but, RAM is cheap now so it wont hurt. Overclocking is not hard. What MB do you have?

Sup guys.
    I'm trying a few thing to gain fps in Guild Wars 2, everyone says it is CPU bound, so the overclock should give the best results?
    How much i need to overclock to really see a difference, like 10 fps?

I currently have a Phenom II X4 945 - 3.0Ghz. The best overclock i could do is to 3.3Ghz (i'm newbie at it, just got to the setup and chose the option "10% overclock"). If i try to put 3.4 or higher my PC crash when Windows is starting. I use the default cooler and live in a hot place (30~38°C all day).

Anyone that's played the game know if I should be able to get around 60 fps on high running this:
    Phemon II x4 965@4.0
    GTX 560

My screen resolution is 1680x1050.
    Last edited by anveena; 2012-08-12 at 02:00 AM. Reason: posted the wrong resolution D:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Sup guys.
    I'm trying a few thing to gain fps in Guild Wars 2, everyone says it is CPU bound, so the overclock should give the best results?
    How much i need to overclock to really see a difference, like 10 fps?

I currently have a Phenom II X4 945 - 3.0Ghz. The best overclock i could do is to 3.3Ghz (i'm newbie at it, just got to the setup and chose the option "10% overclock"). If i try to put 3.4 or higher my PC crash when Windows is starting. I use the default cooler and live in a hot place (30~38°C all day).
    Kinda pointless, the same unoptimized nature of Gw2 that is keeping performance limited also works poorly with OCing. Some people have no ill-side effects. Others even notice a decrease in performance from OCing. So dont bother with it if its just for Gw2, especially if you are new to it.

Deleted
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550 Processor 3.4 GHz
    RAM 4.1
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
    Really it will struggle on low ive had people say it will run at medium )=

Harware makes you a better player?

There is no poll here because I like conversation instead of quick clicks.

I have been using Logitech gaming mice for a long time now and during my tenures in EQ/AC/SWGalaxies(the good one) and WoW I have always had the cutting edge gaming peripherals in the assumption it will increase my play.
    I usually end up in top arena/pvp teams and was actually in the PGL (old!!) in High School although I could never afford to go to any major tournaments (however I did meet Thresh!! if anybody knows who that is. Dating myself)

With the lack of UI options (a feature I enjoy a lot [playing the game not the ui]) I have to wonder if the community believes having a state of the art mouse and keyboard will make that amount of difference in game play and professionalism.

I will be playing thief and I have been thinking of ways to improve reaction time.
    I have never tried any of the razr products (logitech for life) but looking around it seems their reputation has put them on the forefront of this area.
    What are your thoughts on "hardware making you a better player" in GW2 since you will not need 64 keybinds?
    I was looking at the 17 button Naga [http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ryId.35208800] and realized 17 might be too much in GW2. So before I ended up purchasing the Naga and whatever "elite" keyboard they had I wanted my new communities opinion.
    GW2 and shadows furnace for life!
    Last edited by jschulth; 2012-08-12 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neuk View Post
    4GB is fine but, RAM is cheap now so it wont hurt. Overclocking is not hard. What MB do you have?
    It's made by gigabyte, not sure what model. I'm going to wait until it's released before I do anything just in case it's due to not being fully optimised.

Hardware can improve your performance, yes. Even in GW2. I'm actually intending on buying the new logitech mouse for GW2. Pressing Mouse button 6 is easier than pressing Shift+R. As it is, with my current mouse I can only comfortably play a warrior (or any other profession with only one special ability, like necros). I feel bad for people who don't even have M4 or M5.

The thing with GW2 is that yes it may have less overall keybindings, but you need a much faster reaction. You could get away with ridiculous shit in WoW like I did with my hunter and having 60+ binds, because you could spare half a second to press the button. And honestly, nothing is faster than mouse buttons.

Also keep in mind there's more than just your hotbar. For example, call outs, targeting call outs, dodge, rear camera.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-12 at 01:03 AM.

Additionally GW2 is missing macro support completely, which makes macro buttons found on some keyboard and mice quite handy. Especially mice, as these let you offload stuff from keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Additionally GW2 is missing macro support completely, which makes macro buttons found on some keyboard and mice quite handy. Especially mice, as these let you offload stuff from keyboard.
    Particularly useful for binding mouse scroll.

We are trying to keep this kind of questions and discussions in a single thread. Im merging the topic. ~Zil

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    hardware does not make you a better player, but it does enable you to play better.

This might be the right thread to ask this.
    I tend to stick to my new GW2 community now a days.
    In 6ish months I will be receiving a bonus. Yay for bonuses.
    I will be able to get the top of the line ain't nobody going to touch this computer, type of computer.
    Now - does anybody have the inside track on product releases or know a site for them? I would like to start buying smaller things as I build it but I don't want to say, buy a six core i7 if an 8 core is coming out and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    We are trying to keep this kind of questions and discussions in a single thread. Im merging the topic. ~Zil
    Not trying to tell you how to do your job... but I see how it's necessary to merge these topics. One is about hardware and its ability to run the game, and the other about peripherals and if they're necessary to perform well in GW2.

Game was running like crap in todays (Aug 12th) stress test. 15-20 FPS. Crysis doesn't even dip that low for me. Comp is obviously fully updated, latest drivers, etc.

While the stress test ran very well for me today would like some feedback on my set up just to see where I stand and where I might want to improve.

Windows 7 64 bit OS
    AMD Phenom II X4 3.00 GHZ
    8 Gigs RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 5450 512MB DDR3

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
    Intel(R) core(TM) i3 cpu m380@2.5Ghz (4CPUs) 2.5 GHz
    4g ram
    Intel(R) HD graphics (core i3)
    DX11
    I don't care if I need to run it on low or not, I will not be getting a new computer until around Christmas and I don't want to get GW2 if I cannot run it. This comp runs most games fine on low settings, like wow and sc2(which can be played on a toaster) Diablo 3, shogun 2, and Civ 5. You think I can play it on this monster?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

Click guild wars 2 and see results.
    I have used that in the past is it's somewhat unreliable. It tells me I cannot run D3 Shogun or civ5 But I run them all perfectly fine.