Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkCoffee View Post
    Haha its not a joke. Heck this might not be his actual personal workout routine, however from personal experience this routine does work and covers all the body parts. And this routine isn't strictly for professional body builders with "amazing genetics and steroids". Its a good routine and if you want extreme results, then do it with really heavy weights (you will need a gym partner for this). If not, then do it with light to medium weights, like any other routine out there... not that hard to figure out.

When I did this routine for 2 weeks, I had to take rather long breaks between each set not to mention using light weights and sometimes skipping some of the sets.
    But thats OK. You build up from there. After every workout, I was sore but not to the point where I couldn't get out from bed. This was good as I would always take my vitamins and take appropriate amounts of protein to ensure muscle synthesis.

Again OP has stated that he goes to the gym twice a day. With this he should be done with one.

And Arnold might have had good genetics but he used steroids only when he was "cutting down" for competitions when they were legal back then. Yes I can't prove that statement either but obviously he didn't abuse them enough, hence 4 kids + a bastard.
    Being able to have kids doesn't disprove anabolic steroid use. Lower sperm count != sterile.

It honestly doesn't matter how much OP goes to the gym at his time of posting. Judging by his questions and exercise examples posted in the original post, he is a complete beginner. Recommending Arnold's program to a beginner is asking for injury. I respect Arnold in that he was a big proponent of the 3 major compounds for strength and mass purposes. He added in isolation movements because his caloric intake, CNS and increased hormones could allow him to after YEARS upon YEARS of training. You don't throw a couch potato or 6'1" 160lb beanstalk into the NFL Combine and expect him to do the same workouts as Trent Richardson.

Starting Strength or StrongLifts beginner program. Compound lifts 3 times a week. When your deadlifts and squats are over 300 and you can bench 200+, then you can look at whatever specialization program you think you want to do. Follow one of the programs through its duration, eat properly (hugely important) and you will see huge gains.

Take it from me, a guy who started out sophomore year of college with a cross country body of 6'1" 155lbs who thought squatting to depth was bad for your knees (thanks high school strength coach for your lack of knowledge). I dicked around doing bench press and some isolation crap for that whole year and added maybe 10lbs to my bench and got a chronic rotator cuff injury. Decided to do StrongLifts and my squats went from 135lbs to 235lbs, deadlifts from sub-200 something to 315lbs and bench from 155lbs to 205lbs. That's from my first cycle of the SL program. As long as you eat (hard life of an ectomorph), you'll put on strength and size.
    Last edited by Projali; 2012-02-27 at 06:15 PM.

www.bodybuilding.com, from reading a lot of the comments in this thread, some people are really clueless.