2H to DW switch - not mega convinced

So I hit 85 last week, was able to buy tons of pvp items to get the ilvl to start running heroics and LFR (I know, laaaame), but quickly I was able to get proper gear. This is me now, as you can see I only gotta replace the head then I'm golden.

I leveled as 2H (had the boa 2hander), and so once I had 2 good 1H I switched spec accordingly. I had the 2h sword from Baine, then switch to what you can see now. While I was wielding the 2hander, it felt super easy to dps, I pretty much only had to apply diseases and switch between Frost Strike and Oblitarate. And I mean, very constently, just FS+OB+FS+OB, no wait time in between, or maybe some times, but it was pretty straightforward and I could 33K on lfr madness, to give you an idea.

Now I did lfr front four as DW, and I noticed right away all the missed-missed-missed attack (as expected). But also looking Skada I notice I was doing much less Obliterates and Frost Strikes. Now I dps'ed ok, finished 8th to 11th on all 4 bosses, which is ok considering the gear I got. But I'm wondering if it's expected that I do less OBs and FSs (pourcentages wise).

Help me understand.

You should not see a big change in FS and Oblit's but you should see more KM procs with DW. The rune system doesn't change and nor does the rotation really, so maybe you're just not pressing the buttons hard enough? Also you don't mention hitting HB at all. When rime procs you need to be all over it. Possibly you are hitting FS when you've only got one rune out of the set of 2 on CD and then you don't get your rune procs from your FS. The only problem I see will be behind your keyboard.

I do use HB on Rime procs!! I was just saying it's the usual FS+OB alternating, then use HW on procs... I do spam FS like a motherfuck though, do I need to settle down? You're talking about waiting for having 2 frost runes before using FS? How come I never had to wait with a 2h and now I need to settle down bit...? (I'm no pro at how dk works, I just hit stuff as they say, and my dps super hehe)

I'm saying that unless both of your runes are on CD FS will not proc another rune. The more runes you have on CD when you hit FS the better. I'm not sure why you have to slow down and think now that you're running DW since I never bothered to do 2H frost in the first place. You shouldn't be "alternating" with FS and Oblit, it should be a priority system where you keep up your diseases, keep your runes on CD, and in the downtime (or before RP capping) you hit FS. also don't wait for Oblit to be back up for KM procs for more then 1-2 seconds. You're better wasting it on a FS and having the chance for another to proc in the meantime.
    Last edited by Fya; 2012-02-10 at 12:03 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    So I hit 85 last week, was able to buy tons of pvp items to get the ilvl to start running heroics and LFR (I know, laaaame),

How is that "laaaame"? It's smart. Lame (and a stupid waste of time) is running regulars until you get 329 ivl just be able to run old heroics.

Is my spec ok? Do I need to change something to have faster/better runes?

Is my spec ok? Do I need to change something to have faster/better runes?
    I would need to know your character name or a link to your armory to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is going to give you a "quick fix". I would however recommend picking up Improved Blood Tap if you feel you can use it off cd immediately, as it is as dps increase when used properly. (epidemic does win out on some fights however)

Quote Originally Posted by Fya View Post
    I would need to know your character name or a link to your armory to find out.
    In the original post I'm saying "this is me", the "me" is a link to my armory.

In the original post I'm saying "this is me", the "me" is a link to my armory.
    I didn't notice the link XD. The only thing I see is that you can spec out of endless winter since the only thing you really interrupt this tier is eye stalks on Heroic Zon'ozz. Your best bet would be to sit on the dummy and looking at.

Nothing about your gear glares out at me as wrong, so maybe it's just how you feel about the system. Maybe you may like 2h frost better? even if it is a slight gimp to your dps.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Firstly you are missing every enchant in game, and also missing 4 glyphs. You have a tanking cape on as well, all though the stats and reforge arent bad just another reason why dps could be low. Your spec is fine I am currently running 7/31/3 to have Improved Blood Tap in my rotation. Have you considered the the reason dps could have seemed lower was due to character placement on the boss and also the raid buffs provided?

I'm still in the gearing process, and I'm not super rich, so that's why I don't every optimal gear/enchants just yet. I'm not complaining about my dps being lower, moreso the feel of the gameplay of 2H versus DW. It felt easy and smooth to just diseases + FS + OB (+ HB on Rime + refresh diseases), and FS/OB endlessy, one gcd after another. Now that I'm respec'ed and DW'ing, I cannot spam FS/OB endlessly, the runes dont refresh as often as before, and so I need to know if indeed I'm supposed to *wait*, to not spam FS.

As for using Blood Tap, I was using it superbly with my 2H spec, I think I respec'ed differently, and went epidemic, when I wasn't spec'ed into that before. Had full Butchery before, maybe that's what's different. What you think? Could I drop Epidemic and go back to Butechery? (then I'd have 1 pts left to place somewhere else)

2H Frost generates truck loads of RP. Too much if you ask me. I played dw frost tonight, and I usually play unholy with 2h frost off spec. I found the slow down in rp a welcome change as dw. I hated having to dump so much rp, so often, and with it the chance of wasting km procs. As dw I feel like I have better control of my abilities. Both specs still give me vicious hand cramps however.

Deleted
    You have no idea how DK resources/abilities work. None.

Go read http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125291-...content_4_3_a/, work your way from there, and come back when you have some actual questions instead of "please teach me how to play my class".

^ you mad bro dude plain and simple you keep dots up and press the shiney buttons that light up and win
    ... What?

Quote Originally Posted by bishe View Post
    ^ you mad bro dude plain and simple you keep dots up and press the shiney buttons that light up and win
    And an attitude like that is where bad DKs come from... Knowing the rune system inside and out is one of the big differences between a good DK and an "ok" DK. If you understand the system then how you should react to every situation becomes much more obvious.

That said the guy above you could definitely have put it much better, there's no reason for that kind of attitude at all. He is right though that reading the EJ thread is a good step as it explains how things work and why in decent detail.