Guild needs dire DPS Help, <Elemental>

Hey there I'm posting here because I really don't know much about shamans; elemental specifically, but a Guildy of mine has been having some low performance issues and I'm not sure where to start. I would like to help her so if anyone has any advice or time to look over her gear and our logs it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if shes messing up a part of the rotation or not but I can definitely tell her numbers should be higher. Links to follow.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amint/advanced

Updated Link Below
    World of logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=55294
    Last edited by Mungzta; 2012-02-10 at 12:22 AM.

gear and talents look fine. i wouldnt have activated the socket bonus in the boots imho, but thats a really minor thing. same goes for glyphs. there are some medium glyphs that provide better utility.

what i do see is that he uses unleash flame. on a zero movement fight and with unleashed lightning glyph to compensate for eventuall movement needed, that is fail.

to see more, you sort of need to actually watch over his shoulder to see flameshock uptime/lightning shield overfill.
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

Quote Originally Posted by Cadamon View Post
    gear and talents look fine. i wouldnt have activated the socket bonus in the boots imho, but thats a really minor thing. same goes for glyphs. there are some medium glyphs that provide better utility.

what i do see is that he uses unleash flame. on a zero movement fight and with unleashed lightning glyph to compensate for eventuall movement needed, that is fail.

to see more, you sort of need to actually watch over his shoulder to see flameshock uptime/lightning shield overfill.
    You cast it just as you about to click teh button for extra damage

Ugh /sigh I posted the wrong logs those are from 2 month's ago very sorry about that, the link should be updated with recent logs, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    You cast it just as you about to click teh button for extra damage
    well, i for myself am quite fond in time my casts so i can end with a shock cast before hitting heroic will to avoid light/twilight with less than 1 sec left. just saying.

but yeah, as a way to avoid clipping a cast halfway with heroic will it's fine
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

As far as rotation/priority - He isn't casting Elemental Mastery every time it's up which is a huge no-no. As the poster above me points out the only time he should be casting unleashed elements would be right before he hits inner will, and only if his shock is on cd. He's also meleeing a ton for whatever reason, which means he isn't constantly casting - also a huge no-no. To top it all off, he doesn't have a fire totem down for ~100% of the time. He's only at 70% active time, which not only is making his dps suffer, it means the entire raid is loosing out on 10% sp for 30% of the fight. His fire elemental also isn't doing much damage, which probably means he isn't dropping it when his trinkets and power torrent are procced. To maximize damage he will want to prepot as close to the pull as possible, just before he enters combat - then wait (use a power aura or watch for the buffs) for power torrent and volcanic power from his trinket to proc and THEN drop his fire ele. It will do a lot more damage. Always a good idea to be using volcanic pots anyways (he isn't at all).

As for gear, he is .2% under hit cap, his boot enchant shouldn't be + hit (+mastery or +haste), and he was using Mithril Stopwatch in that log which is a terrible trinket.

OVER AND OUT!

My original post was a wrong log, please check the new link, the old one with the Mithril Stopwatch is 2 months out of date

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 10:44 PM ----------

Still looking for some helpful insightful information, I apologize about posting the wrong link, my original post has been updated with information.