Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Unfortunately the track record shows that those 90% will whine and get it nerfed so they can do it too.
    What track record? WoW? WoW is subscription based, it needs to keep players happy and interested to keep their income.

If anything Blizzard have a bigger reason to keep Diablo as hard as possible, you will be able to bypass content via gear so almost everyone will be able to eventually hit Inferno with good enough gear to carry them there. Why does gear matter? RMAH. If people are stuck and gear is the only way to progress quickly then people are more likely to shell out real cash on the game buying things and Blizzard take a cut of every sale.

I guess I don't understand how it works.

Do you have to complete the entire campaign at a specific difficulty to play at a higher one? Or is it that as soon as you hit 40 you can switch the difficulty for your current character to next one?

I guess maybe you won't even hit level 40 in playing through the whole campaign once.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Last open beta was very very fun and I enjoyed D3, so...

Bring it on blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I am so excited. I can't believe I am saying this, but I hope Guild Wars 2 doesn't come out too soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I guess I don't understand how it works.

Do you have to complete the entire campaign at a specific difficulty to play at a higher one? Or is it that as soon as you hit 40 you can switch the difficulty for your current character to next one?

I guess maybe you won't even hit level 40 in playing through the whole campaign once.
    You progress through the difficulties.

You beat normal, unlock nightmare. Next is hell, and then inferno. The monsters get progressively harder through the difficulties to a point where it's - according to blizzard - pretty damn challenging. A single hit from any inferno level monster will probably cream any char that doesn't at least belong in hell.

You're probably not going to hit level 40 until late nightmare difficulty/early hell, based on blizz saying that you should be hitting 60 around the end of hell. But then again, it's up to you if you want to redo some of the content to get a jump on the level before you start the next difficulty. It's very common in hardcore mode, but less so in softcore/normal.

Deleted
    Great....now i cant wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    "Diablo-3-will-be-hard!" ?

Its just not true.
    Blizzard will never release something that will be unbeatable by at least 50% of the community.

Lets look at d2.

If you start playing alone, without any gear from your other characters, the hell difficulty will be really HELL for you. Most classes will not be able to even beat hell difficulty without farming nightmare meph/diablo/baal many-many times to gear up and increase their level to 75-80+.

But just look how game changes after you got good gear. Everything around you dies in seconds. People even use bots to farm diablo and baal! It means that you don't need any kind of skill at all, everything is linear and easy.
    It takes just 15 minutes to down all 4 bosses in diablo with geared character.

So is Diablo2 Hell difficulty easy or hard? Its hard. But its easy when you have gear.

I bet that Diablo3 will be VERY easy when you get gear as well.
    You seem to forget the uberbosses and Uber Tristram, just to make your point better. Those were the REAL heroic modes that only a few players could beat, and only once they farmed the required equipment on their mains / and made a toon that can actually handle it. You try going there with your first toon without any outside help, it'll take you weeks to farm the required gear, IF your terribly lucky and not getting any help. Inferno mode should be like that, with the change that a zealadin can't own it at level 40 with the right gear

It's all speculation. Im sure if you farm gear from the previous mode the next mode won't be too terribly difficult. Hopefully you have to strategically use your defensive abilities and be smart to even continue with perfect gear. Inferno should be nigh unbeatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I wish you didn't have to unlock the harder difficulty modes. May be Inferno being only available after Hell is fine but Hell should be available from the get go so you don't know exactly what's going to happen where. It's like not allowing brutal difficulty in Starcraft II without having beaten the previous difficulty.

I wish I could explain to you folks how many brain cells I killed over this open beta weekend spam clicking skills but I'm too brain dead to articulate numbers.
    Each difficulty is not only more difficult, but also everything is higher level, no that isn't the same thing. You use the easier difficulties to level and gear up so you can even stand a chance in, well... hell.

I'm sure you'll end up finding plenty of challenge in normal, and certainly in nightmare.

Fucking hell. YES. GIIIIEEEEEEEFFFFFF NAO.
    Really was lookin for this for soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freking fucking long time. Can't wait to get my ass kicked.

Btw. What does RMAH means?

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I beat normal Duriel in my first playthrough of D2 as a necromancer when I was ~12 by going in, spamming bonespear until I died, rinsing and repeating. Guess what I can't do in HC.
    But... you get bone spear at level 18...

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a fun watch, now let's hope that we don't have to see any more "OMG D3 IS SO EASY" threads : )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    But... you get bone spear at level 18...
    -_-

Age 12. I was a terrible gamer back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I beat normal Duriel in my first playthrough of D2 as a necromancer when I was ~12 by going in, spamming bonespear until I died, rinsing and repeating. Guess what I can't do in HC.
    My necro with iron maiden used to get a lot of whispers for this fight. Made it very easy, just bring some mana pots for the golem recast.

Fight was really unfair though, cold aura, small room and big damage.

Holy shit, blizzard really knows whats up. High five!

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    My necro with iron maiden used to get a lot of whispers for this fight. Made it very easy, just bring some mana pots for the golem recast.

Fight was really unfair though, cold aura, small room and big damage.
    Yep. Pretty much designed to screw over ranged characters as badly as possible if they didn't have a durable summon.