Thread: FPS drop

FPS drop

Why does my FPS drop sometimes when I have facebook or youtube open in the background while playing Cod MW3 or WoW? I think it has something to do with my ram, but want to be sure.

Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5
    PNY Optima 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
    GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD 770 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz

If you guys need anything else listed let me know. And if you know the issue, please list a replacement that would most likely fix it.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by numhtak; 2012-02-13 at 05:01 AM.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by numhtak View Post
    Why does my FPS drop sometimes when I have facebook or youtube open in the background while playing Cod MW3 or WoW? I think it has something to do with my ram, but want to be sure.

Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5
    PNY Optima 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
    GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD 770 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

If you guys need anything else listed let me know. And if you know the issue, please list a replacement that would most likely fix it.

Thanks again!
    So wait, you list your RAM, your GPU, your motherboard, but not your processor?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I'm not computer savvy, I'm sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    I practically have the same setup as you and I haven't noticed this problem. What kind of PSU (Power supply unit) do you have? Also, what's your OS? And hit CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, go to Processes and say how many processes are running (lower left corner)
    Last edited by Dassen; 2012-02-13 at 05:08 AM.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Do you use Firefox? If so, maybe this will help:

http://blog.gnu-designs.com/solved-f...gin-container/

The same thing happens to me, killing plugin-container fixes it. I'm going to try this as well.

Deleted
    Another trying you could try is adding Adblock Plus, i can't link it as i am a new poster but google it and its the first post (2nd if you want Mozilla official homepage).

Then all the flash adverts will go away, and to be honest, sites that use them do not deserve any revenue in my book.
    As you grow more custom to the add-on you can as i allow adds that is just pic for sites you care about, and also turn it off
    for sites like twitch.tv, justin.tv to support e-sports and also don't forget add your favorite YouTube person (?) to the allow list.