Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arrow Need a good game for two players

A bit of an odd request - but we're drawing a blank here. Me and a friend who I've played WoW with for as long as I can remember need a game to play together. She's no idea what to play, and I don't really either. We're not very picky on what it is. It just needs to be some form of massively-multiplayer game, or a co-op game. Something we can have a good time with in the long-term as we wait for MoP/Tera/GW2.

P.S: Not SWTOR. We've gotten to 50 on that already, and frankly, we're not too interested in the endgame.

Deleted
    Diablo III

Quote Originally Posted by rs10 View Post
    Diablo III
    That's out now.. >_>

Diablo III
    Will people please stop recommending games that aren't even out yet?

Try a free to play game. Vindictus is a pretty good one.

Diablo III
    Which won't be out until after TERA and likely GW2...

Vindictus, Rift, SWToR, DC Universe Online, there are a ton of games, both F2P and P2P, that you can play while waiting for others. You said you're pretty open, but if you could give some specifics on what you're looking for there are plenty of people here who could suggest games.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Will people please stop recommending games that aren't even out yet?

Try a free to play game. Vindictus is a pretty good one.
    Eh. Vindictus is good but I played it extensively when it first came out. Got to 35 and everything. So much farming..

---------- Post added 2012-02-10 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Which won't be out until after TERA and likely GW2...

Vindictus, Rift, SWToR, DC Universe Online, there are a ton of games, both F2P and P2P, that you can play while waiting for others. You said you're pretty open, but if you could give some specifics on what you're looking for there are plenty of people here who could suggest games.
    We're fantasy nerds, if that helps any.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    We're fantasy nerds, if that helps any.
    In that case, Rift if you don't mind subscription based games. I played with a friend for a while and duoing it was pretty damn fun, especially with the duo instances at 50.

If you're looking for F2P, Allods Online or EverQuest 2 are both pretty solid games that will eat up some time.

Also GW1 is pretty good despite its age.

10+ Year Old Account

Co-OP

I really liked Hunted: The Demon's Forge

Was going to suggest SWTOR until I saw your little PS. That game is good for at least 4 play throughs with 2 players, which would take a pretty lengthy amount of time if you actually enjoy the game for what it is instead of rushing through it. But, if you insist against it, I guess Rift is probably your best current option outside of SW and WoW.

You could always try out something like Terraria, it's pretty fun, build/adventure style gameplay. Not my favorite to play solo, but with other people it's pretty awesome.

Deleted
    Facebook tetris is quite fun. no trolling.
    Guess i won't recommend SW:TOR, if you were interessted you would have already!
    Perfect world maybe? or Aion, its becoming free to play this week
    Last edited by mmoc0efa2cff2a; 2012-02-11 at 12:03 AM.

Hey

give Trine2 a try! It costs 12,99€ in the Steam shop

It's an awesome game

Well, I'd recommend Portal 2, but at least until the editor comes out, that is more of a one or two evening thing vs long-term. Good, but too short, and there really isn't much replay value as once you solve the puzzles there isn't much else you can do.

Terraria is a pretty good bet, IMO, easy to get into and surprisingly fun and addicting for what it is (and it's cheap). I don't know of many good MMO's that aren't a WoW clone that wold hold your interest if you are tired of WoW.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-02-11 at 12:11 AM.

Runescape, star wars the old republic, those are my suggestions...!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gauntlet Dark Legacy Go Old-School!
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    The real reason why everyone hates Garrosh...he sparkles in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    Saw a hunter named Michaelvick with no pet out

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dead Island? Not a mmo but decent for co-op

Sunset Riders for SNES! Too bad you can't play that online together. Portal 2 is a blast in co-op.

You could check out DOTA/DOTA2 or League of Legends as far as RTSs' go. LoL is where i kill time while i wait for GW2.

I'd say smash bros, but everyone I play with keeps pausing to show me what their character is doing a bajillion times over until I get so annoyed I just get up and leave, and Mario Kart ruins relationships unless you play double dash and have them use the items or whatever. :I

Vindictus is pretty fun, but that wears off pretty fast, will probably keep you entertained for a good day or two, maybe a week.