Page 1 of 2
LastLast

bringing characters from mass effect 2 to mass effect 3

So If certain characters dont die at the end of mass effect 2 will you be able to bring them to mass effect 3? I say this because I want to bring legion with me. he was awsome

Deleted
    You can't bring anything with you I think. It will be like ME2 where some will join up when they survive in the end, like Garrus and most will just have a small scene with them like Kaidan/Ashley, Liara etc.

A number of them will probably reappear as recurring / main characters, but I guess most of them will end up like in ME2. Yada yada, nice to meet you, yeah hell of a thing that we saved the galaxy yada yada bye.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    A number of them will probably reappear as recurring / main characters, but I guess most of them will end up like in ME2. Yada yada, nice to meet you, yeah hell of a thing that we saved the galaxy yada yada bye.
    ROFL.
    But yea, probably.
    It would get old fast if you had the same characters through ME3 though.

I believe I read somewhere that Tali, Garrus, Liara and Kaiden/Ashley will return as squadmates.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    ME3 Squadmates, assuming they've lived through ME1 and ME2;

Kaidan Alenko or Ashley Williams
    Tali'Zorah vas Normandy
    Liara T'Soni
    Garrus Vakarian
    James Vega (NEW)

Project Director Casey Hudson has also stated that Mass Effect 3 will have fewer squad members than Mass Effect 2 to focus on "deeper relationships and more interesting interplay"

Good to see Garrus back as he'll always be my right-hand man when playing Mass Effect. Though I will miss Legion, Mordin and having a Krogan squadmate.

Ughhhhh.
    I don't get it.
    Why are they recycling the same characters over and over again?
    Don't get me wrong, I loved to see someof them in the game world in ME2 (after having them in your team in ME1) but now are they really coming back to the squad again? Did they really ran out of ideas?:/

Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    Ughhhhh.
    I don't get it.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved to see someof them in the game world in ME2 (after having them in your team in ME1) but now are they really coming back to the squad again? Did they really ran out of ideas?:/
    It's called fan service.

There's huge thread in Bio-Drone forum about people wanting Tali to the game (and make her bi while they are at it) and later in the thread some representative (or dev, can't remember which) comes out saying that Tali is in game/squad due to massive amounts of requests and most likely sexable with both genders while she originally was not meant to be.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2012-02-10 at 12:37 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

We may get other squadmates, it hasn't been 100% confirmed yet. I'm glad we're not getting all new party members though. If I didn't at least get Garrus, I'd have thrown a bitch fit. Garrus is my bro, and we gonna tear shit up across the galaxy. I'm willing to bet we'll get at least a few more party members though, as currently, the list doesn't cover all 6 roles/classes.

Ughhhhh.
    I don't get it.
    ME1 and ME2 were basically prequels to ME3 (ME3 being the "main" story BioWare had in mind, with the two before it just explaining how we got there) as I understand it, so it makes sense that we see all these familiar faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    ME1 and ME2 were basically prequels to ME3 (ME3 being the "main" story BioWare had in mind, with the two before it just explaining how we got there) as I understand it, so it makes sense that we see all these familiar faces.
    I see, oh well.
    PS: Never liked Garrus either

I see, oh well.
    PS: Never liked Garrus either
    You can always get him killed in the suicide mission if you really don't want him.

Haha, yea I forgot about that.
    I'm actually playing another run from ME1 to ME2 cos I lost my saved games :/
    Now as a Paragon though, cos never tried it before.

Deleted
    Haha, yea I forgot about that.
    I'm actually playing another run from ME1 to ME2 cos I lost my saved games :/
    Now as a Paragon though, cos never tried it before.
    same here. i'm also trying to get the best possible start: save the council, save the rachni queen, save wrex, rewrite the heretic geth so that the peaceful geth can maybe aid us (also freeing up the quarians), i'm doing everything to save the galaxy. i probably will even do multiplayer, even though that's not really my favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    same here. i'm also trying to get the best possible start: save the council, save the rachni queen, save wrex, rewrite the heretic geth so that the peaceful geth can maybe aid us (also freeing up the quarians), i'm doing everything to save the galaxy. i probably will even do multiplayer, even though that's not really my favorite thing.
    Yup, kind of the same thing. Besides, I haven't played the DLCs yet (I know, I know, beat me if you like) but I want to do all that to have a decent save game and then move on to ME2 with DLCs too!
    I kind of regret of being Engineer tho. I miss the sniper rifle, so I think I will change that on ME2.

Yup, kind of the same thing. Besides, I haven't played the DLCs yet (I know, I know, beat me if you like) but I want to do all that to have a decent save game and then move on to ME2 with DLCs too!
    I kind of regret of being Engineer tho. I miss the sniper rifle, so I think I will change that on ME2.
    Most people go infiltrator with a Widow sniper rifle. Ever tried Soldier with a viper sniper rifle and heightened adrenaline rush? If not, I highly recommend it, as it's total beast mode. Revenant + Viper + HAR = COME AT ME GALAXY I KILL YOU ALL!!!

Nope, Soldier class seems boring to me =/ It wouldn't feel right for a game like ME, or I'd miss all the powers.
    But Infiltrator is prob the best pick in ME1 if you don't want to bring Tali and you hate Garrus like me
    Adept is pretty cool too if you love Singularity and you don't feel bringing Liara.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are probably cutting out my 2 favorite characters, Samara & Legion, I have not heard anything about them yet
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Nope, Soldier class seems boring to me =/ It wouldn't feel right for a game like ME, or I'd miss all the powers.
    But Infiltrator is prob the best pick in ME1 if you don't want to bring Tali and you hate Garrus like me
    Adept is pretty cool too if you love Singularity and you don't feel bringing Liara.
    Personally I think Adrenaline Rush is more fun than any other power in the game, but I guess that's just me.

Deleted
    Ughhhhh.
    I don't get it.
    Noooo..!!

The (Shepard's) Mass Effect story is in it's final act .. you can't just abandon all the established characters to bit-parts and bring in a whole array of completely new squadmates. You'd have to spend half the game just developing their personality to get the player emotionally invested in them. ME's strength is in its characterization as much as in its plot.

Retaining the core characters (and bringing them back to Shepard in the galaxy's time of greatest need) is the only way that ME3 could have gone, imo.